The Dark Knight The Dark Knight added to the National Film Registry

Kargo Warrior

Scientist
Reaction score
Just 2 years after it was eligible. Incredible honor and another feather to the cap for the film's legacy.

“This is not only a great honor for all of us who worked on ‘The Dark Knight,’ this is also a tribute to all of the amazing artists and writers who have worked on the great mythology of Batman over the decades,” said Christopher Nolan, director of “The Dark Knight.”

'Dark Knight,' 'Shrek,' 'Blues Brothers' Added to Film Registry - Variety

So great to see. Also loved Nolan's shoutout to all the talented Batman writers and artists over the years. Makes me pine for what his Oscar acceptance speech could've been. Alas, this is an awesome achievement and in some ways better than an Oscar.

Is The Reader in there?

Great achievement.

Oh....burn!

So great to see. Also loved Nolan's shoutout to all the talented Batman writers and artists over the years. Makes me pine for what his Oscar acceptance speech could've been. Alas, this is an awesome achievement and in some ways better than an Oscar.

It absolutely is. The legacy of The Dark Knight has completely overshadowed any possible Oscar win it might have won. The Academy changed the rules that were in effect for 64 years, because the film didn't get nominated for Best Picture. The Oscars are reactionary, they award the flavor of the month and move on.

The Dark Knight was voted 11th Best Film of the 2000's in a huge Critics poll in May.

Critics' Poll: ‘Mulholland Drive' Named Best Film of the 2000s — World of Reel

33th Best film of the 21th century in another huge international poll made by BBC.

The 21st Century’s 100 greatest films

The Reader, Milk, Button, Slumdog and Frost/Nixon?

Couldn't sniff a place on such a poll. Irrelevant and forgotten.

This is a bigger achievement than winning an Oscar. Now that I’m aware of the politics behind Oscars I can’t believe that I was so upset that this wasn’t nominated. Oscar’s really mean nothing. All it takes is someone with a great For Your Consideration campaign.

The Reader, Milk, Button, Slumdog and Frost/Nixon?

Couldn't sniff a place on such a poll. Irrelevant and forgotten.

Very sad to see non-blockbusters like Slumdog Millionaire or Doubt largely forgotten and/or considered irrelevant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"