Nvidia's Projet Shield Gaming Handheld

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
So what do you think? Just announced today at CES
Nvidia has introduced Project Shield, an Android-based gaming handheld. The system uses the company's new Tegra 4 processor and is housed within a controller with a flip-up screen, complete with its own integrated sound system and the complete array of controls you'd find on a traditional console controller. It features an HDMI port for video output, micro-USB for accessories and docks, and a microSD port for expandable storage. While the exact specs are still forthcoming, Project Shield has a 5-inch 720p HD display. The system, Nvidia says, is "pure Android," which gives it unhindered access to the standard Android interface, as well as apps and games from the Google Play store.

projectshield_001-610x373.jpg

Harnessing the power of Tegra 4, Nvidia demonstrated the system outputting HD video and realtime games to a 4K display with no framerate lag or degradation.

Screen-Shot-2013-01-06-at-10.00.18-PM-610x340.png

Using software built by Nvidia, the Shield provides remote access to the games installed on your gaming PC at home, including Steam titles. Users can play any PC game on the Shield from anywhere within the same local Wi-Fi network.

Pricing has yet to be revealed, but Nvidia says Project Shield will ship in Q2 of this year. We'll be getting hands-on time with Project Shield later this week, so stay tuned to IGN.com/CES for updates.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/07/ces-nvidia-introduces-project-shield-android-gaming-handheld

The device may be cool, but there is just no more market space for another handheld. Sony and Nintendo are having difficulties with it and they're the industry leaders in it.

The device may be cool, but there is just no more market space for another handheld. Sony and Nintendo are having difficulties with it and they're the industry leaders in it.
I know your right. lol but it's still what I said . you can hear the sting for miles with that comment and it's cause it's true.

Tell that to Nintendo... And everyone that owns one. The 3DS is my favorite gaming device this gen.

Truthfact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"