NYC officers surrender in Nov. shooting of groom

While I feel for the family, police officers have the daunting task of having a split second to act. Many of the officers involved have never fired a shot on the job before that moment.

I was in NYC the other day...there are cops everywhere.

They seem likes kids you'd spot out on Myspace.

I wonder if these guys are going to come out of this clean. Since like 2 of the cops are black cops...also Sean was no saint either, plus why was he at a strip club to get some ass? When he was a girlfriend...

Michael Oliver, who fired 31 times,

Wouldn't he have to reload??

Jesus H Christ, there wasn't even a gun! What the hell are these cops doing, firing so many bullets at a car that isn't even shooting back?

I wonder if these guys are going to come out of this clean. Since like 2 of the cops are black cops...also Sean was no saint either, plus why was he at a strip club to get some ass? When he was a girlfriend...

yeah, i doubt that the whole thing is racially motivated 3 of the cops were black, the other were white. from what i've heard of the story seems like the cops thought they had legitimate reason. 50 shots is the use of excessive force. and its not like thier lives were in immediate danger. did they even find agun in the car?

yeah, i doubt that the whole thing is racially motivated 3 of the cops were black, the other were white. from what i've heard of the story seems like the cops thought they had legitimate reason. 50 shots is the use of excessive force. and its not like thier lives were in immediate danger. did they even find agun in the car?

The news report says no gun was found.

Wouldn't he have to reload??

Jesus H Christ, there wasn't even a gun! What the hell are these cops doing, firing so many bullets at a car that isn't even shooting back?

the cops both had two guns in each hand, with 2 more guns on their leg, and another under their hat

and what does the H stand for in Jesus H christ??

the cops both had two guns in each hand, with 2 more guns on their leg, and another under their hat

and what does the H stand for in Jesus H christ??

Harry. In full - Jesus Harry Knowles Christ.

The news report says no gun was found.
Course they didn't know that. If you were a cop and firing 30 shots at what you concieve to be a threat, so you can go home to your family, why would you hesitate?

who is harry knowles? and what is he doing in between jesus and christ?

Course they didn't know that. If you were a cop and firing 30 shots at what you concieve to be a threat, so you can go home to your family, why would you hesitate?

There are a couple of things wrong with that, Erz.

Number 1: I'm pretty sure that you'd have to reload your gun to fire 31 shots. By the time it comes to reloading, a good trained cop should realise that there is no threat.

Number 2: Would YOU want cops walking the streests that have ****ed up so badly? They throw out doctors when they make bad mistakes resulting in death, so why not cops?

Number 3: They fired first. The cops fired first - at a threat that was non-existent. It's pure incompetence.

whatever happened to freeze, stick your hands out the window and step out of the car?

sounds like these guys skipped through all of that and just decided to shoot and ask questions later.

the undercover investigation was poorly handled and executed.

There are a couple of things wrong with that, Erz.

Number 1: I'm pretty sure that you'd have to reload your gun to fire 31 shots. By the time it comes to reloading, a good trained cop should realise that there is no threat.

Number 2: Would YOU want cops walking the streests that have ****ed up so badly? They throw out doctors when they make bad mistakes resulting in death, so why not cops?

Number 3: They fired first. The cops fired first - at a threat that was non-existent. It's pure incompetence.
1. It's a lot different being in a situation than looking at it in hindsight. You'd be surprised on what you'd do or what you percieve to be or not be a threat.

2. For some of the cops involved, this was the first time they ever fired a gun on duty and not on a range. I think that shows it was the circumstance and not the incompetance of the cops. And don't compare apples and oranges.

3. So cops should only fire back when fired upon? How many dead cops would that leave?

1. It's a lot different being in a situation than looking at it in hindsight. You'd be surprised on what you'd do or what you percieve to be or not be a threat.

2. For some of the cops involved, this was the first time they ever fired a gun on duty and not on a range. I think that shows it was the circumstance and not the incompetance of the cops. And don't compare apples and oranges.

3. So cops should only fire back when fired upon? How many dead cops would that leave?

So, what do you think should happen to the cops involved?

Really difficult to say whether the cops were truly in the wrong or not. They could have been provoked or made to believe that this guy and his friends had guns. Regardless, it does sound like overreaction and excessive force were used, particularly since there were no shots fired back. An investigation is definitely warranted.

jag

I don't know. Aside from the news report, we know the police side of the story and the end result. I would have to hear what is relayed in court before I could make an unbiased determination of the events.

On a side note, do I think there are bad cops out there? Yes. Does that mean all cops are bad? No. I think it's almost a knee jerk reaction for people to assume that cops are in the wrong without knowing all the events.

i could see 3 to 4 rounds but damn 50 shots..this was excessive force

1 cop 31 shots
2 cop 11 shots
3 cop 4 shots
4 cop 3 shots
5 cop 1 shot

While I feel for the family, police officers have the daunting task of having a split second to act. Many of the officers involved have never fired a shot on the job before that moment.

However, 50 shots in total seems a tad much.

1 cop 31 shots
2 cop 11 shots
3 cop 4 shots
4 cop 3 shots
5 cop 1 shot

Is that the official shot count? If so, Cop 1 and possibly Cop 2 definitely warrant investigation for use of excessive force. The other three were there, so they'd need to be investigated as well. For something with that many shots fired, it's standard procedure.

jag

1 through 3 are being charged. But the 3rd it's almost a misdemeanor.

I'd like to know what all those other cops were doing while Cop 1 emptied three clips like that. At some point you'd think at least one of them would have said enough was enough, you know?

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"