Obscure TV shows you used to enjoy

Dark Raven

It's not about what you deserve...
Reaction score
What are some obscure TV shows you used to enjoy when you were younger that maybe only lasted a season or 2 and that you think no-one else might've heard of now?

Some of mine were

Cover Up:

Lasted only 1 season. Spy series about a Model Photographer and an ex Marine posing as one of her male models getting embroiled in international espionage. Starred Jennifer O'Neil and Jon Erik-Hexum. Jon Erik-Hexum died on set during the 7th episode after playing Russian Roulette one day with blanks, but the wadding still shot through his temple and killed him.

Bull (2000):

Starred the likes of Stanley Tucci, Alicia Coppola, Elizabeth Rohm and George Newbern. Only lasted 1 season. Was set on Wall Street about a breakaway Stockbroking firm.

Cupid:

Only lasted 1 season - starred Jeremy Piven and Paula Marshall. Piven was supposedly Cupid and Marshall was his psychotherapist who wasn't sure whether he was who he claimed to be or not.

Bodies of Evidence:

Starred Lee Horsley and George Clooney - detective series which lasted 2 short seasons of 8 episodes each.

I'm sure there are others, but I'll leave it at that for now.

How about you?

Last edited:
"When Things were Rotten" (1975) - Mel Brooks' first Robin Hood parody, a TV show that only lasted 13 episodes, starring Dick Gautier. Despite having some big name guest stars like Sid Caesar and solid talent like Bernie Kopell and Dick van Patten, the show failed to gain traction and vanished. As a kid and a big Robin Hood fan, I loved it!

Time Squad was a short lived cartoon on Cartoon Network. (Ran for 2 seasons) Tudd Russell is a police officer from the future who travels to the past to prevent time anomolies with his robot sidekick, and an orphan boy.

Not the greatest cartoon ever, but a fun show.

There's also the TV version of "The Magnificent Seven" that ran for two half seasons in 1998 and 1999. Very loosely based on the premise of the movie, it starred Michael Biehn (Terminator), Eric Close (Without a Trace), Dale Midkiff (Pet Sematery), and Ron Perlman (Beauty and the Beast, Sons of Anarchy), as well as original movie cast member Robert Vaughn in a recurring role as a circuit court judge. It was the highest rated new show in 1998, got canceled, was brought back due to a fan campaign, then got cancelled for good. The whole series of 26 episodes is on Amazon Prime.

There's also the TV version of "The Magnificent Seven" that ran for two half seasons in 1998 and 1999. Very loosely based on the premise of the movie, it starred Michael Biehn (Terminator), Eric Close (Without a Trace), Dale Midkiff (Pet Sematery), and Ron Perlman (Beauty and the Beast, Sons of Anarchy), as well as original movie cast member Robert Vaughn in a recurring role as a circuit court judge. It was the highest rated new show in 1998, got canceled, was brought back due to a fan campaign, then got cancelled for good. The whole series of 26 episodes is on Amazon Prime.

That wasn't that obscure. I did used to watch that though and also enjoyed it.

Don't think it qualifies as 'obscure', but I never missed a new airing of SeaQuest DSV back in the early '90s, on NBC. I was about the same age as Lucas (Jonathan Brandis) at the time, so that was a huge drawing point for me. Add in that was a sci-fi show and I was hopelessly hooked. Was really glad that they made upscaled Blurays of all 3 seasons a few years back. This is one show I would not mind at all seeing get a reboot - ala shows like MacGyver and Magnum, P I - with updated CGI and in HD.

This one definitely does not fall under the obscure label, but it was the same for me and Star Trek: The Next Generation and Wesley Crusher. Then there was the female crew to ogle. What? I was an impressionable young preteen boy, don't judge me. lol

Why are you listing them then if they're both not obscure? It's not just regular TV shows you watched but ones most people have probably not heard of or have forgotten.

source.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"