Titans Titans TV Trial: TT03, TTG, and what you want to see now.

godisawesome

Sidekick
Reaction score
So we've finally got a full fledged live action tv series for this property. But part of the reason we have it is almost certainly because of the two cartoons. Teen Titans (2003) launched the franchise into the mainstream, and gave us the voice cast for both shows. Teen Titans Go was the comedy-focused resurrection.

Sooooo... What were the strengths and weaknesses of both shows, and what do you hope to see carried over from them into the new live action one?

Teen Titans (2003)- Some real groundwork laid here for how you can use comedy to build up team rapport and bonds to then exploit for drama; as goofy as the show is, it pulls some real drama from the team when Slade attacks them (Season 1's finale, his returns in Season 2 and Season 4, and Haunted. Just, Haunted.) and from other episodes like Beast Within or Troq. And it's still hilarious!

Teen Titans Go!- The show people love to hate! It's actually still a fun series I enjoy watching occasionally. I just tend to regard tit as unfortunately unambitious in some areas; I love Daddy Trigon, so why can't I see TTG Slade as some hilariously deadpan bit of black comedy? Still this film focuses even more on the mundane activities of the team, and I actually would love to see some more of that in the Tv show.

What I want to see carried over- Really, the rapport of both shows for the teams are my main attraction to this property, and I really hope they use at least some comedy to set up the drama, Blackadder style. Also, the sheer imagination in some of the scenes is EPIC. I want more of that!

I don't want to see much influence from TTG. But the original series was so perfect. The team dynamic was spot on and I hope they draw from that show a bit when it comes to character interactions.

So many great episodes. The Slade/Robin dynamic was honestly done better on the show than in the comics IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"