Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Thread Manager, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

I've always liked them more than the 3D games. But mostly because of nostalgia.

2. Soapy Registered

The only two handheld Zelda games I've ever really liked were Link's Awakening and Link Between Worlds.

3. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]
    Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Tweet Focuses On The Ghost Lantern. February 23, 2016 . 8:30am

“Malo” has left another Twilight Princess HD message on the official Japanese Twitter account for The Legend of Zelda,
    and the subject this time is the Ghost Lantern item.
    source: Siliconera

4. spiderman2 Registered

My top 5 favorite Zelda games are like this.

1. Oot
    2. TP
    3. Link to the past
    4. Skyward sword
    5. Windwaker

A few thing Oot and TP are by far my top 2. Link to the past was the first Zelda game I owned. Oot I have on the gamecube collection thing never had a N64. Skyward sword I though at one point would be my 3erd favorite Zelda but the story wasn't has good has Oot and TP or Windwaker and the boss fights where to repectative. I mean you fight the same guy like 5 times lol. I didn't have issue with the motional controls like some people did. Wind waker I never cared for the artstyle and I perfore the more realistic art style of Oot and TP but Wind waker is still great but really just about ever Zelda game is amazing.

5. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Those two are definitely my favorite handheld ones. I use to be a 3D Zelda person, but as I have gotten older, I find myself enjoying the 2D ones more, especially the classics.

The gameplay is tighter, more rhythmic, while usually avoiding the more superfluous "open world" stuff.

Outside of feeling the motion controls just weren't good, they also had this problem of breaking any sort of immersion. Link shaking, the flailing, etc. I gave up on Skyward Sword near the end. I could no longer be bothered, which for me was crazy considering I just finish Zelda games. I don't plan on going back unless they ditch the motion controls in a future re-release.

6. spiderman2 Registered

While I liked the motion controls and liked how you couldn't just swing randomly to hit enemies. The only issue I had with them at all was something that wasn't even the game's flaut but more my controllers kind of thing. That was towards the end I started having a problem where I wouldn't even tuch the controller and my guy would start to run like I was pushing left or right or up or down. I thought it was the controller so I got a new one and was still having issue. Then for the heck of it I tried using my wii u senser bar and had no issues. So it was my senser bar that was causing issues.

7. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

I've never really had a strong preference for 2D and 3D Zeldas.

8. SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

Do you prefer 1D Zeldas?

:oldrazz:

9. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Gets Three New Trailers. February 24, 2016 . 8:30am

Nintendo has recently shared three new trailers for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD,
    with each video focusing on a different element of the game.

10. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]1:02:58
    [YT]5wt9ecCWyRU[/YT]

Let's Play The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

• 1 day ago

Also with

[​IMG] Latest Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Message Highlights The Gale Boomerang. February 25, 2016 . 8:30am

“Malo” has left another message on the official Japanese Twitter account for The Legend of Zelda,

and this time the post focuses on the Gale Boomerang and its functions.

source: EPN.tv& Siliconera

#985 zenith16, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  11. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]
    3DS, NX
    Rumor: 3DS 2016 plans leaked, The Legend of Zelda Wii U an NX holiday 2016 launch title

Published 12 hours ago. 311 comments.

source: Gematsu

12. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Wouldn't be much of a surprise, I guess, since many expected it. Be interesting if the NX ends up being a handheld, though. It would be the first time, that I can think of, where a game was cross-gen with a console and a handheld.

13. Mogwai Fanboy

I think Nintendo wants to own E3 this Summer.

14. SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

So I ordered Majoras Mask last night from Best Buy since there's a sale going on now, and I went to pick up the game at the store, along with another one I ordered earlier in the week and they almost gave me a Wii U Zelda game. I think it may have been Windwaker HD but the case looked a little whiter so I think it was actually Twilight Princess.

I told the cashier that it was the wrong game just based on the case, but now that I think about it, I'm wondering if I should have just stood shut and sold it somewhere else, since I don't have a Wii U. But the person who packed it said whatever game they gave me was supposed to be shipped to someone, so I wonder if they would have found out and tried to get it back had I kept it.

15. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

I mean, the box arts for TP HD and WW HD are super different. Both have their respective artstyle from the game, so I don't think it'd hard to figure out which one it was? TP HD isn't out until next Friday, either, so I'm guessing WW.

16. SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

I couldn't really make out the exact cover art since there was a sticker on the front, but I think it may have actually been Hyrule Warriors. Still, it's weird that they were going to give me a WiiU game instead of a 3DS one.

17. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]
    Latest Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Tweet Explains Changes To Treasure Chests. February 29, 2016 . 8:30am

Another new message has been posted on the official Japanese Twitter account for The Legend of Zelda, and “Malo” explains the changes to chests in Twilight Princess HD.

18. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]

Most Of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD’s Changes Speed Up The Experience. March 1, 2016 . 1:30pm

Many of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD’s refinements may be minor,

but they can save you a lot of time as you play.

19. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]

Latest Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Message Focuses On The Iron Boots. March 2, 2016 . 8:30am

“Malo” has left yet another Twilight Princess HD message and this time he expresses his skepticism regarding the Iron Boots item in the game.

20. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]

3DS
    Hyrule Warriors Legends Season Pass announced

Published 5 hours ago. 21 comments.

source: Gematsu

21. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Okay, so Hyrule Warriors Legends, which is a downport of a Wii U title that has expanded content is getting a season pass...but none of that is coming to the original Wii U version, nor is apparently any of the expanded content unless you buy the 3DS downport.

All the what.

22. Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

Koei probably just didn't want to put in the effort.

23. zenith16 Registered

it's coming to the wiiu as well. it's just the reporter of Gematsu didn't put that up likely cause when he put it up it wasn't available when he picked it up. Siliconera who posted it later then the reporter from Gematsu put his up.

I'm pretty sure some one is telling the former news outlet about it, so they can make the corrections over there.

[​IMG] Medli from The Wind Waker Is Headed To Hyrule Warriors Legends Via DLC. March 3, 2016 . 2:58pm

Nintendo announced during today’s Direct presentation that Hyrule Warriors Legends is getting a season pass for 3DS, along with Medli from The Wind Waker as a DLC character.

24. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

The wording of that sounds like it's only Medli that's coming, not the entire season pass.

25. Soapy Registered

I know it's not specifically what you're asking for, but I have a strong suspicion that we're going to see a number of "complete editions" of Wii U games show up on the NX and I think Hyrule Warriors will probably be among them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.