Legend of Zelda Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's not specifically what you're asking for, but I have a strong suspicion that we're going to see a number of "complete editions" of Wii U games show up on the NX and I think Hyrule Warriors will probably be among them.

It's possible, though Nintendo is not a company that has done that in the past. Their re-releases are usually reserved for console to handheld, and Legends kind of feels like a "complete" version now lol.

But yeah, it's not what I'm wanting. I liked Hyrule Warriors, but I don't see myself rebuying it again for a new platform. I'd rather just have the extras available on the Wii U version.

I'm aware there isn't much precedent for that, but I feel like it just makes too much sense for a number of reasons. Reissuing Wii U games on the NX would provide them with easy options for filling out their release schedule in those critical first couple of years when new software might be a little slow coming out. It would be an instant boost to their library, making the NX even more appealing, especially to those who didn't buy a Wii U. And most importantly of all, money. Nintendo made a lot of really great games on the Wii U and I have zero doubt that had they been released on a more popular console they would have sold several more millions copies each.

Keep in mind my thinking with this is that NX will sell much better than the Wii U, which isn't necessarily a smart assumption to make, but that's the angle I'm coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"