Official Ant-Man Spoiler Discussion Thread

Agreed, I could see him more as Cross than Paxton. Cannavale is more appropriate for the role in my opinion. A small part, but he performed well, walking the fine line between the jerk who doesn't care about his fiance's ex, and legitametly trying to protect his family from pain, while perhaps hoping that Scott really does get his act together. Though regarding that final note, it's a little hard to say if Paxton was being sarcastic or genuine.

the amount of american flags waving in the background is too damn high.
plus...lets keep the technology to destroy everyone else and protect it from all the others who may want to turn this into a weapon (which only we want to use and not the enemy) of course...

please stop it marvel....please.

and then there is dc: who cares about plot, we are just here to ***** things up

I thought Patrick Wilson was rumored to play Darren Cross's brother, William Cross (i.e., Crossfire). Then again, Pena was rumored to be playing Castillo for awhile.

Not sure if this has been discussed, but is HYDRA now just a legit business?

I think its pretty clear they have some shell company fronts.

I thought Patrick Wilson was rumored to play Darren Cross's brother, William Cross (i.e., Crossfire). Then again, Pena was rumored to be playing Castillo for awhile.

It's possible that William Cross was a character in Wright and Cornish's scripts. Paul Rudd and Adam McKay did say they removed a few characters during rewrites.

Just watched the movie

Didnt expect to see Missing Person in the end credit scene

That was awesome

Oh and Michael Pena was annoying and unfunny, yet a lot of people laughed at his stupid ****

Pena was funny in a Homer Simpson kind of way.

A good natured idiot. Every line he had was gold.

I thought the fight between Falcon and Ant-Man was well executed.

The way they built up the fight ("abort, abort!") and the way they were evenly matched had me on the edge of my seat.

It reminded me of the well executed Avenger vs Avenger fights in TA. Straight out of a comic book!

Well done, Peyton Reed.

Last edited:
I also loved the trippy sub-atomic scene.

My 9 year old son said "what the heck is going on?".

Haha! This movie is pure joy.

I also loved the trippy sub-atomic scene.

My 9 year old son said "what the heck is going on?".

Haha! This movie is pure joy.

Although that scene was really trippy haha, the scene that go me going "what the heck am i watching" was when the tank flew out of the building, when thomas the tank became a giant and when the ant became huge. It was just so freaking bizzare and I wasn't expecting any of it haha.

He almost broke my brother. So funny. I'm still laughing. :funny:

I love mexican culture, take a look at my username xD so the moment the mexican/spanish music started playing when the marvel logo came on I was laughing my head off.

I like how everyone reacted when the big ant ran out of the house, because that probably would have been my reaction at something like that.

Also with the fight with Falcon, it was great that it showed how the powers would work in a one on one confrontation.

Man, the fact that there are Pym Ant-man tales out there in the mcu. Such awesome stuff. It would be cool to see more of those on the big or even small screen. I also need the pay-off on the setup to rescue Janet. I need a sequel!

Patrick Wilson and Corey Stoll were rumoured to be playing the Cross Cousins. Corey played Darren and Patrick William (Crossfire).

Not sure if it was true but that is what the rumour was.

Nano Warrior (Darren Cross) was the villain in Edgar's version.

I think Crossfire might of been used instead of Mitch Carson. It would make sense Darren would give first dibs on Yellowjacket technology to his cousin.

Man, the fact that there are Pym Ant-man tales out there in the mcu. Such awesome stuff. It would be cool to see more of those on the big or even small screen. I also need the pay-off on the setup to rescue Janet. I need a sequel!
yup the flashback scenes were great

And the appearance of Peggy matches the one from the prequel comic book

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"