Official Ant-Man Spoiler Discussion Thread

Although that scene was really trippy haha, the scene that go me going "what the heck am i watching" was when the tank flew out of the building, when thomas the tank became a giant and when the ant became huge. It was just so freaking bizzare and I wasn't expecting any of it haha.

I'm wondering why Lang or Pym didn't shrink the ant back down to normal size at the end? Was Cassie secretly keeping him as a pet? You'd think she'd be terrified of the thing.

And apparently the special effects crew haven't made any of the ants quite realistic or like how ants actually look in real life, because when magnified like that, they would look terrifying and creepy, and they didn't want to scare kids or adults. They're all slightly more stylised ants.

Why Thomas The Tank Engine Couldn't Kill In Ant-Man

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/24/why-thomas-the-tank-engine-couldnt-kill-in-ant-man/

During a new Film School Rejects interview, Ant-Man director Peyton Reed revealed the conditions Marvel had to work with in order to use the likeness of Thomas the Tank Engine for the film's most memorable fight scene.

Not surprisingly, there were a lot of rules that the rights-holders wanted obeyed in order to allow their valuable, children's property to be used as a sight gag in the latest $100 million superhero movie.

“I believe in Edgar [Wright] and Joe Cornish’s original drafts it was a train set,” Reed said. “At some point in the process that predated my involvement it became Thomas. As I came on, they had not secured the rights to Thomas. We had to do this whole thing where we did this presentation for the people who own the rights to Thomas. Thank God they agreed and found it funny, but there were definite stipulations. For example, nobody could be tied to the tracks and run over by Thomas. Thomas couldn’t be doing anything that could be perceived by children as evil Thomas. Thomas had to stay neutral in the battle, which was always our intention. Like anybody, they’re protective of their brand. I didn’t know what we were going to do if we didn’t get the rights to that. There are certain things I was going to be devastated about if we couldn’t have them. Thomas was one, because...you could do any kind of toy train, but the personality of that thing and the eyes moving back and forth give it a whole vibe and took it to another level.”

Ant-Man is in theaters now.

I really liked this movie. But I think it would have been cooler to have had the first movie be Hank and Janet's origin and adventures. Have that movie end with the missile flashback we saw and Hank being approached to work for Shield. Then the sequel could have been this movie. I think seeing a male/female co-lead superhero movie could be a cool angle for Marvel. Maybe we'll get that one day with a Black Widow/Hawkeye movie.

I'm wondering why Lang or Pym didn't shrink the ant back down to normal size at the end? Was Cassie secretly keeping him as a pet? You'd think she'd be terrified of the thing.

And apparently the special effects crew haven't made any of the ants quite realistic or like how ants actually look in real life, because when magnified like that, they would look terrifying and creepy, and they didn't want to scare kids or adults. They're all slightly more stylised ants.

Cassie liked that ugly ass stuffed animal Scott got her. I think she is ok with weird stuff.

Well if you knew they were there why did you leave then?

These post-credit scenes have been happening for 7 years now, lol.

^ I suppose those who sat through all of Age of Ultron might be forgiven for leaving before the second one, though.

Quantum Realm you mean. microverse is just ant-sized

Eh, they're the same thing. Quantum Realm is just the copyright-safe version of Microverse since, apparently, Hasbro owns the Microverse.

Antony and Cassies giant pet ant reminded me of Anty in Honey I Shrunk The Kids. Probably a little nod to that film.

No, I wasn't sure if there was a post credit scene, I thought it was gonna be just mid credit.
uh, both cap2 & av2 didn't have them. :whatever:

Cap 2 did have one. You missed that one as well? :funny:

Cap2's second scene was fairly forgettable, but it was there. AoU is the only film without two. That being said, Ant-Man's second scene will probably be a scene in Civil War, so you can just watch it then.

I'm starting to think they should have some kind of indicator next to the movie rating that tells you how many post-credit scenes there are.

Age of Ultron should've had an Ant-Man mid credits scene instead of that lame Thanos one. If they really wanted Thanos, he should've been the post credit one since that was really rather inconsequential. AOU was the place to tease Ant-Man and get people hyped up for it even then. They could've used part of the planned prologue of Hank Pym taking out villains in the 1960s if they were stuck for something.

The only problem I have with that is the best post-credits scene ties in to both the current movie and the next movie. Iron Man 2 mentions something going on in New Mexico in the movie and then cuts to the hammer in the post-credits scene. Thor's post-credits scene involved Dr. Selvig and Loki (while foreshadowing both Captain America and Avengers). Cap's post-credits scene started with Cap boxing. Thor2's scene involved Asgardians on Nowhere. Cap2's scene had Strucker directly reference what just happened.

A 1960s Ant-Man scene would have no connection to Age of Ultron.

Age of Ultron should've had an Ant-Man mid credits scene instead of that lame Thanos one. If they really wanted Thanos, he should've been the post credit one since that was really rather inconsequential. AOU was the place to tease Ant-Man and get people hyped up for it even then. They could've used part of the planned prologue of Hank Pym taking out villains in the 1960s if they were stuck for something.

Totally agree. And I was expecting to see one in AOU regarding some connection to Antman. Golden opportunity missed right there. Could of helped build some more hype with the General Audience.

Like Mike Murdock said, Post-credits scene is something that connects to that particular movie to its sequels or following movies

For Example
1.GoGT's Howard the duck will appear in the Volume 2 most probably
2. TWS showed the remanants of Hydra and connected them to twins and AoU
3. Avengers 1 and 2 teased Thanos who will be a Villain in IW1 and IW2

But Ant-man has no link whatsover to the Avengers, putting him in AoU's postcredits scene would have been shameless marketing and desperation, not that AoU's post-credit was any good but still

The only problem I have with that is the best post-credits scene ties in to both the current movie and the next movie. Iron Man 2 mentions something going on in New Mexico in the movie and then cuts to the hammer in the post-credits scene. Thor's post-credits scene involved Dr. Selvig and Loki (while foreshadowing both Captain America and Avengers). Cap's post-credits scene started with Cap boxing. Thor2's scene involved Asgardians on Nowhere. Cap2's scene had Strucker directly reference what just happened.

A 1960s Ant-Man scene would have no connection to Age of Ultron.

Coulson just gets called to New Mexico in the middle of the film. But it's barely a link to what's actually going on with Iron Man and rather tenuous at best. I remember when I was at the theatre watching IM2, some people who weren't familiar with Thor were wondering what this thing Coulson had discovered was supposed to be. They didn't see a link at all to the film they had just watched.

They could've had a mention of something related to Hank Pym in AOU if they wanted a link to Ant-Man and then featured him in the post credits in some way.

Well I keep thinking and there is nothing that could have tied AoU to Ant-Man, it would be as random as say having a Doctor Strange cameo at the end of Ant Man

Coulson just gets called to New Mexico in the middle of the film. But it's barely a link to what's actually going on with Iron Man and rather tenuous at best. I remember when I was at the theatre watching IM2, some people who weren't familiar with Thor were wondering what this thing Coulson had discovered was supposed to be. They didn't see a link at all to the film they had just watched.

I agree it was the weakest connection. I'm just saying it was a connection.

They could've had a mention of something related to Hank Pym in AOU if they wanted a link to Ant-Man and then featured him in the post credits in some way.

Oh, I agree they could have found a way to connect Ant-Man. I'm just saying the specific scene in the 1960s wouldn't have felt part of Age of Ultron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"