Official Ant-Man Spoiler Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Ant-Man' started by BatsDC, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I'm wondering why Lang or Pym didn't shrink the ant back down to normal size at the end? Was Cassie secretly keeping him as a pet? You'd think she'd be terrified of the thing.

And apparently the special effects crew haven't made any of the ants quite realistic or like how ants actually look in real life, because when magnified like that, they would look terrifying and creepy, and they didn't want to scare kids or adults. They're all slightly more stylised ants.

2. DaddlerTheDalek Starship Captain

I think I was the only guy in my showing who caught that reference! :funny:

3. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Why Thomas The Tank Engine Couldn't Kill In Ant-Man

4. samsnee Ok

I really liked this movie. But I think it would have been cooler to have had the first movie be Hank and Janet's origin and adventures. Have that movie end with the missile flashback we saw and Hank being approached to work for Shield. Then the sequel could have been this movie. I think seeing a male/female co-lead superhero movie could be a cool angle for Marvel. Maybe we'll get that one day with a Black Widow/Hawkeye movie.

5. ianyoungko Registered

#280 ianyoungko, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  6. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Cassie liked that ugly ass stuffed animal Scott got her. I think she is ok with weird stuff.

7. DaddlerTheDalek Starship Captain

Cassie was so delightful in this movie. I loved her "It's so ugly! I love it!" reaction. :woot:

8. XtremelyBaneful XO TIL WE OVERDOSE

argh, I left the film without seeing the post credit scene! :mad:

9. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Well if you knew they were there why did you leave then?

10. Man in the Suit Greeting

These post-credit scenes have been happening for 7 years now, lol.

11. Mike Murdock Registered

^ I suppose those who sat through all of Age of Ultron might be forgiven for leaving before the second one, though.

Eh, they're the same thing. Quantum Realm is just the copyright-safe version of Microverse since, apparently, Hasbro owns the Microverse.

12. XtremelyBaneful XO TIL WE OVERDOSE

No, I wasn't sure if there was a post credit scene, I thought it was gonna be just mid credit.
    uh, both cap2 & av2 didn't have them. :whatever:

13. TheVision Sharp Dressed Man

Antony and Cassies giant pet ant reminded me of Anty in Honey I Shrunk The Kids. Probably a little nod to that film.

14. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Cap 2 did have one. You missed that one as well? :funny:

15. NotSoLongAgo #spidermansolit

It had two actually!

16. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

He's talking about post credit as opposed to mid credit scene, which Cap 2 did have, and which he obviously missed.

17. XtremelyBaneful XO TIL WE OVERDOSE

ohhhhh crap you're right it did, and yes I did miss it at the theater. But hey, av2 didn't.

18. Mike Murdock Registered

Cap2's second scene was fairly forgettable, but it was there. AoU is the only film without two. That being said, Ant-Man's second scene will probably be a scene in Civil War, so you can just watch it then.

I'm starting to think they should have some kind of indicator next to the movie rating that tells you how many post-credit scenes there are.

19. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Age of Ultron should've had an Ant-Man mid credits scene instead of that lame Thanos one. If they really wanted Thanos, he should've been the post credit one since that was really rather inconsequential. AOU was the place to tease Ant-Man and get people hyped up for it even then. They could've used part of the planned prologue of Hank Pym taking out villains in the 1960s if they were stuck for something.

20. Mike Murdock Registered

The only problem I have with that is the best post-credits scene ties in to both the current movie and the next movie. Iron Man 2 mentions something going on in New Mexico in the movie and then cuts to the hammer in the post-credits scene. Thor's post-credits scene involved Dr. Selvig and Loki (while foreshadowing both Captain America and Avengers). Cap's post-credits scene started with Cap boxing. Thor2's scene involved Asgardians on Nowhere. Cap2's scene had Strucker directly reference what just happened.

A 1960s Ant-Man scene would have no connection to Age of Ultron.

21. Spiderine Sho nuff

Totally agree. And I was expecting to see one in AOU regarding some connection to Antman. Golden opportunity missed right there. Could of helped build some more hype with the General Audience.

22. Spiderdevil Registered

Like Mike Murdock said, Post-credits scene is something that connects to that particular movie to its sequels or following movies

For Example
    1.GoGT's Howard the duck will appear in the Volume 2 most probably
    2. TWS showed the remanants of Hydra and connected them to twins and AoU
    3. Avengers 1 and 2 teased Thanos who will be a Villain in IW1 and IW2

But Ant-man has no link whatsover to the Avengers, putting him in AoU's postcredits scene would have been shameless marketing and desperation, not that AoU's post-credit was any good but still

23. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Coulson just gets called to New Mexico in the middle of the film. But it's barely a link to what's actually going on with Iron Man and rather tenuous at best. I remember when I was at the theatre watching IM2, some people who weren't familiar with Thor were wondering what this thing Coulson had discovered was supposed to be. They didn't see a link at all to the film they had just watched.

They could've had a mention of something related to Hank Pym in AOU if they wanted a link to Ant-Man and then featured him in the post credits in some way.

24. Spiderdevil Registered

Well I keep thinking and there is nothing that could have tied AoU to Ant-Man, it would be as random as say having a Doctor Strange cameo at the end of Ant Man

25. Mike Murdock Registered

I agree it was the weakest connection. I'm just saying it was a connection.

Oh, I agree they could have found a way to connect Ant-Man. I'm just saying the specific scene in the 1960s wouldn't have felt part of Age of Ultron.