VROOM VROOM The Automobile Aficionados Thread

ComicChick

I Work Too Much
Staff member
Reaction score
36ford01display.jpg

Here's a thread to talk cars, trucks, bikes and more! You can talk about your whips, your dream cars, car talk in general.

Discuss different car customizations (paint jobs, audio, tire/rim, etc), get tips, mechanical advice, etc!

Call me unoriginal, but I love the new Camaros. I'd love to have a green one some day.

3753757898_c511890ed1.jpg

This is the official thread to talk about all things driving, cars, trucks, motorcycles, driving, NASCAR, Top Gear, and everything in between!

Some general example topics to discuss ITT:

-{Post photos of your cars}-

-{What are your local gas prices?}-

-{What's your most anticipated new car?}-

-{Do you need suggestions or help buying/selling?}-

-{Maintenance or care discussion}-

-{Car modding}-

-{Electronics}-

...etc

This is a good idea for a thread but I'm embarrassed about my 95 chevy corsica. I don't even know how it still runs , it's somewhat of a miracle that I make it to work everyday.

I want a muscle car! A Challenger or Mustang... I've ruled out Camaro for now.

I want a muscle car! A Challenger or Mustang... I've ruled out Camaro for now.

I detail cars for work . So I get to drive around the lot in mustangs , camaros , and challengers. I want a Dodge Avenger though

Oop, it's Thursday night!

That means it's time for California dustin'!

I live in the desert and I drive a really dark color car. I've got to keep the dust off!

Oooh I like this thread. I drive a little black Chevrolet Kalos at the mo, but I have a classic four-wheeler, a Vauxal Frontera which I can't drive coz insurance is waaaay too high. :csad:

Sucks being a student I tell you!! :hehe:

I don't know why car threads never survive around here...

Anyway, I randomly snapped this while I was at the gas station...

CRBju.jpg

To me, a car is a metal box that gets you from point-A to point-B. I'll never understand how some people get aroused by them, like it's a girl they want to have sex with.

The only car I really want is a DeLorean that goes back in time. So I can fix all my screw-ups.

To me, a car is a metal box that gets you from point-A to point-B. I'll never understand how some people get aroused by them, like it's a girl they want to have sex with..
I felt the same way when I was in high school and was broke and had no money. :o :o

and your generalization of people who dig cars kinda scares...

I felt the same way when I was in high school and was broke and had no money. :o :o

and your generalization of people who dig cars kinda scares...

Sorry, you're right. That wasn't fair. I've got plenty of interests and hobbies that other people think are either boring as hell or just strange (politics, military history, comic and old coin collecting).

It's just I had one friend in highschool who would freak out and do everything but physically hump every sportscar he saw in the parking lot. So that's what I was basing that comment on.

Nah, I know people that run the entire gamut...

I guess I have a more personal connection with cars particularly due to some of my work experiences.

Anyone like the kia soul hamster car? I don't know the details but the 10-year/100,000 mile warranty sounds pretty good.

kiaham_xcmq1z9t.gif

It looks like a fun, no-frills kinda car for the college grad crowd, very good value...

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap, check out the new 2013 Ford Fusion, just released yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUVvpqXsy-0
http://social.ford.com/our-articles...2b99c30d000628e00f00g05h00j00k31m3n0p20110119

Looks like a mix between a Jaguar XF, the Taurus, and the new Focus. Someone also mentioned how much it looks like an Aston Martin too.

It's nice to see that the drastic design updates of cars like the Sonata and the Optima have started to affect the styles of the midsize segment. It's what I've been asking for for years.

Last edited:
Sorry, you're right. That wasn't fair. I've got plenty of interests and hobbies that other people think are either boring as hell or just strange (politics, military history, comic and old coin collecting).

It's just I had one friend in highschool who would freak out and do everything but physically hump every sportscar he saw in the parking lot. So that's what I was basing that comment on.

Ever been in a sports car with windows down traveliing down a back road at top speed? The thrill, the wind in your hair, the speed, it's pure freedom.

I used to feel as you do then I got my dream car and its my escape when life's going ******. I get in my car, role down the windows, find a back road, and just cruise. Its my own bit of therapy.

Besides this tho, they are wonderful machines. I love working on them, tinkering with them, and learning how they work and are designed. I grew up at race tracks and was bred and raised on speed so I've got racing fuel in my veins. I guess it gives me an appreciation for cars some may not have.

Last edited:
Holy crap, check out the new 2013 Ford Fusion, just released yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUVvpqXsy-0
http://social.ford.com/our-articles...2b99c30d000628e00f00g05h00j00k31m3n0p20110119

Looks like a mix between a Jaguar XF, the Taurus, and the new Focus. Someone also mentioned how much it looks like an Aston Martin too.

It's nice to see that the drastic design updates of cars like the Sonata and the Optima have started to affect the styles of the midsize segment. It's what I've been asking for for years.

WOW! That is an awesome looking car! I wish my credit wasn't as messed up as it is, or I would be trading in my '08 Optima when that hits the showrooms!

Did anyone give their car a name?

I named mine Petey the Pirate cause it's a Yaaaaris.

All my cars are named after X-Men. Current black Mazda3 = Roberto

I didn't name my car, but my softball team did.

Monique, or Mo Mo for short.

Their reasoning? My car is ghetto, yet classy and Monique sounds ghetto and classy -___-

WOW! That is an awesome looking car! I wish my credit wasn't as messed up as it is, or I would be trading in my '08 Optima when that hits the showrooms!
If I didn't already have a better car, I definitely would give the 2013 Fusion a whirl! Maybe I'll look at the 2014 model..

I test drove a 2012 Fusion a few months back and I wasn't overly impressed. As for the 2013, I love the updates they've made, especially on the interior. It's going to big just as big if not, bigger of a hit than the new Sonata and Optima, which I see all over the place. The new Fusion also looks like it'll be a blast to mod too..

6a00d83451b3c669e20167603eae26970b-800wi

6667212553_44b26e4d78.jpg

6667213603_2b29b63b00.jpg

6667212119_72745f5db3.jpg

6667193477_09f39f8afb.jpg

My only worry is that the Fusion will have the same super-soft brakes as in their previous models.. :(

Last edited:
For anybody who might be into cars, I would strongly suggest going to streetfire.net and looking at the "Victory By Design" shows to see the history behind the greatest names in racing, and the eras when racing really had an aura of mystique about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"