The Dream Job Thread

Reaction score
Now I'm sure everybody has there dream job, whether that's still a dream or reality. Mine and im sure this is VERY common, I wanna play music, play to 10,000 people live that rock star life, without the gallons of booze and drugs though.. That reason may become clear later..

What i thought this thread could be for is talk about what your dream job would be, or what your aiming for with your current edjucation. Hell even let some steam off about your current job/dream job.

BUT what i also thought is, your dream job might actually be someone's job here on the hype. So you could as for advice on how to get into whatever that dream job is.

I personally have my way into the music business atm so i dont need advice on that. what i am looking for however is advice on becoming a game tester. I'm very much hating my current bar job (why I don't drink much any more) as i get home late like 6am and its just become very depressing. So im looking for options as where to go next. Game testing is one thing ive thought about as well as another bar job with not so late hours. So I guess I'll kick off....

Anyone a game tester?:awesome:

I've always wanted to become a comic book artist but I haven't gotten around to submitting portfolios and I really don't have any inside connections with someone that can break me in.

And I've always wanted to work on radio doing voice over work, commercials, movie trailers.

I've always wanted to, and still am, aspiring to be a comic book artist and filmmaker.

Screw a dream job. I want to inherit a few billion.

Illustrator for comics. Which is exactly what I will be going to school for.

I dream of becoming a journalist for a respectable, independent company which carries alot of dignity in either print or online media.

Screw a dream job. I want to inherit a few billion.

Spoken like a realist.

Writing.

If I could get paid to write - I have novels, poems, songs, satires, etc. . all in my head, and on disk, that I am afraid to step out on.

So maybe not a dream job. . dream wish to have a chance for the job.

Write and publish my own comic book and comic book line.

I'm studying Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting, anybody got any tips on that?

Really I don't mind what I do with my degree as long as it pays.

I am a director in a real estate fund management business but it is miles from my dream job which would be being involved in movie production.

At one point, I was in discussion with a director who had a script with potentially Guy Pearce attached to it. I would have joinned him as a producer but I could not afford the cash flow which was negative for at least 2/3 years before it could become positive. The project fell through in any case.

Regarding studies in business administration, make sure you get good internships on your summer holidays and decide already where you want to go with your degree.

Now I'm sure everybody has there dream job, whether that's still a dream or reality. Mine and im sure this is VERY common, I wanna play music, play to 10,000 people live that rock star life, without the gallons of booze and drugs though.. That reason may become clear later..

What i thought this thread could be for is talk about what your dream job would be, or what your aiming for with your current edjucation. Hell even let some steam off about your current job/dream job.

BUT what i also thought is, your dream job might actually be someone's job here on the hype. So you could as for advice on how to get into whatever that dream job is.

I personally have my way into the music business atm so i dont need advice on that. what i am looking for however is advice on becoming a game tester. I'm very much hating my current bar job (why I don't drink much any more) as i get home late like 6am and its just become very depressing. So im looking for options as where to go next. Game testing is one thing ive thought about as well as another bar job with not so late hours. So I guess I'll kick off....

Anyone a game tester?:awesome:

My best friend plays trumpet and he's touring with Stevie Wonder and just got off a tours with Prince and Jay-Z. We used to have a jazz band together, but I don't think he will come back to the band. He has done a few SNL's together, notably last year when Justin Timberlake was on.

I'd like to perform professionally. As for dream job, I'd like to work in the business side of film.

I am a director in a real estate fund management business but it is miles from my dream job which would be being involved in movie production.

At one point, I was in discussion with a director who had a script with potentially Guy Pearce attached to it. I would have joinned him as a producer but I could not afford the cash flow which was negative for at least 2/3 years before it could become positive. The project fell through in any case.

Regarding studies in business administration, make sure you get good internships on your summer holidays and decide already where you want to go with your degree.

Thanks for the advice, I will take heed. Any CPAs on here? Love to get your prospective.

I want to play a Millionaire at parties.

What do you want to play? or are you stating portraying yourself as one?

188.jpg

I have ideas for movie scripts or tv shows I'd like to write so my dream job is to be involved in film - writing and/or producing. But I hate my current job as a sale asisstant so just a job where i'm happy would be good at the moment.

I want to either be an Alaskan bush pilot or a successful novelist. I almost had my novel completed on my old computer , but some *****e bag hacker destroyed my computer. I've been trying to start it up again , but I've procrastinating for the longest. :cmad:

I'm studying film right now to be a writer/director but I think my dream job would actually be an actor or comedian. I don't really have the nads to perform in front of an audience.

Just wanna say awesome start guys. Its really cool seeing what you guys wanna do and stuff. Voice acting is another thing i would love to do.

A few comicbook realted jobs, as expected. I'm supposed to be working on a comic series at the moment. My artist buddy is gonna draw it and im gonna write it. Its got one hell of a twist but waaaay down the line. I need to start working on it really... lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"