The Dream Job Thread

I was doing short films and storyboarding.

I've now just got into the music video business. Sucks because unless your doing videos for major label artsists the job pays squat. 90% of people workingin this area do part time. Even the ones that get regular airplay have some other job that they rely on financially.

Some high level position for an intelligence agency, a defense contractor, or an astronomer..

My dream is to become a modest fiction writer, If that makes sense. I've always had this fear of making it big then having others fuel my ego. Or letting it all go to my head.

Currently working on something I hope can be read by others one day but only time will tell.

Last edited:
Working @ my dream job.

I have a couple of dream jobs.
1) A 2D Animator - I was going to school for this, but I've developed health problems that make it extremely hard for me to draw.
2) A comic book illustrator
3) An actress - but not for any big movies or anything. I'd prefer to be in TV shows like Fringe, True Blood, House, Supernatural, Heroes, etc. But I'm REALLY shy so I don't think this will ever happen. :csad:

1) A 2D Animator - I was going to school for this, but I've developed health problems that make it extremely hard for me to draw.
3) An actress - but not for any big movies or anything. I'd prefer to be in TV shows like Fringe, True Blood, House, Supernatural, Heroes, etc. But I'm REALLY shy so I don't think this will ever happen. :csad:

Being shy shouldn't matter. I can be painfully shy sometimes....to the point I must come of rude and I'm determined to play music in front of massive crowds lol I've got gigs coming up when a buddy of mine has finished his Ep. He wants a live band for it and I'm included in that. Ive never played live before...I'm bricking it even now even though its way atm. But i have ultimate faith that when the time comes I will deal with it and when I'm doing it it will be insane. I'm sure the same thing would go for you to. You never know you might be awesome!! dont just burn it off the record because your shy though

Screw a dream job. I want to inherit a few billion.
That's true. But even if I were to come into lots of money, I would still have to have some sort of career or I'd go nuts. I could never be a member of the "idle rich".

I would love to be a bestselling novelist. I've always wanted to write.

Being shy shouldn't matter. I can be painfully shy sometimes....to the point I must come of rude and I'm determined to play music in front of massive crowds lol I've got gigs coming up when a buddy of mine has finished his Ep. He wants a live band for it and I'm included in that. Ive never played live before...I'm bricking it even now even though its way atm. But i have ultimate faith that when the time comes I will deal with it and when I'm doing it it will be insane. I'm sure the same thing would go for you to. You never know you might be awesome!! dont just burn it off the record because your shy though

I'm just as shy...but it sounds like the difference between you and me is that you have confidence in your abilities. I've always wanted to try acting or stand-up but I don't know that I'll do good. I'm also terrified of the crowds and comedy clubs...they will destroy you

I've always wanted to draw or play music for a living. I got half of that dream; I'm a freelance animator.

Sounds like there's too much heavy lifting involved.

It sounds like a lot of hard work to me. :awesome:

'Cause get it? HARD? 'Cause... 'Cause......erections. :csad:

You're hot, right? :huh:

A writer who's reputable enough to jump between fields.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"