The Dark Knight Rises OFFICIAL: Batman in Los Angeles - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, didn't notice a thread for this yet so I made this one.

Filming for the epic conclusion of the Dark Knight starts in August in LA.

The casting call is about 8 hours away and I am here at the Sportsman Lodge Event Center.

It's a really nice ballroom with cool bridges going over large fountains or pools of water. There is no one here for the casting call as far as I can tell. I drove here from Chula Vista (South San Diego County, practically at the border of Mexico) to get an early spot and not stand in the sun like those poor Pittsburgh hopefulls.

Guess I didn't have much to worry about, the only other people here are a family who just celebrated their Debut here, and they're leaving now.

Thankfully my girlfriend was all for making the trip so I don't feel like a total psycho sleeping in my car in the parking lot.

Anyways, I figured we can keep all LA/Bat discussion here. I'll keep you guys posted on the casting news.

Guess it just depends on when they finished at the Hope street location today. I would imagine Chris Nolan needs to sleep sometime...but, I have been wrong before :dry:

thats pretty cool. Yeah there were a few cool ones we met at the Torrance shoot too. Most are real chill. by far the coolest was a El Camino poilice officer we met. He gave us some good details and let us hang in an area we could see some good stuff

I miss that guy. He had some great jokes too. Can't forget "the rapist" hahaha!!

As for the 3rd street tunnel shoot, most likely they are shooting Sunday/Monday and then moving on. It makes perfect sense because they've been doing the interior stuff in downtown LA while other portions of the crew work on the 3rd street tunnel set before they start shooting. That way, they can easily just move equipment + trailers without leaving downtown LA.

So they were shooting interior stuff today?

I miss that guy. He had some great jokes too. Can't forget "the rapist" hahaha!!

As for the 3rd street tunnel shoot, most likely they are shooting Sunday/Monday and then moving on. It makes perfect sense because they've been doing the interior stuff in downtown LA while other portions of the crew work on the 3rd street tunnel set before they start shooting. That way, they can easily just move equipment + trailers without leaving downtown LA.

That was hilarious!!! That kid didn't think so though. He never came back.

That's what I was thinking. After all, there is no 2nd unit!

Yeah, at the Hope street location :yay:

Gotcha. Thanks! Pretty sneaky that they did it during the weekend. That way there's no one working inside the building that can give us some scoop. :csad:

Gotcha. Thanks! Pretty sneaky that they did it during the weekend. That way there's no one working inside the building that can give us some scoop. :csad:

Yeah! LA downtown is like a ghost town on the weekends. I think that's been changing in recent years but, weekends come along and the streets are empty for the most part. Lot's of production companies film movies on location during those timeframes

Yeah! LA downtown is like a ghost town on the weekends. I think that's been changing in recent years but, weekends come along and the streets are empty for the most part. Lot's of production companies film movies on location during those timeframes

Although... last night when MSwift and I went there was quite a lot of people around downtown. We had no idea downtown LA had such a night life scene XD

Although... last night when MSwift and I went there was quite a lot of people around downtown. We had no idea downtown LA had such a night life scene XD

Ok yeah i knew they were having a revitalization project going on downtown in recent years, opening up a bunch of apartments and condos and such

Shouldnt this thread be part 2?

Its always been labeled like this.

From spring st down to san pedro.. 7-4th street usually is where the action is in downtown on weekends.

I'll probably be able to drive by the set tonight. I'll let you guys know if I see anything.

Looks like no filming tonight, all dark at the tunnel. I just drove by.

There's definitely no filming. I walked up and took a look around. Didn't see this mentioned anywhere but they had fake snow sprinkled on a big dirt patch outside the tunnel.

Also, I talked to a security guard and he had said they had done some filming earlier today at The Standard. For those of you who don't know, The Standard is a hotel in downtown LA with a really nice rooftop bar/lounge.

So, while we wait until they film this, I'm getting excited imagining what could possibly happen.

At first I figured it was only a setting, aftermath. Then they started stacking everything..

My idea for the fun of it and lack of anything else to post:

Batman is chasing the bombtruck through the tunnel in his airplane. This 'earthquake generator' is in the bombtruck, and is turned on while they are driving. It's causing a massive ground shattering / rippling force in the tunnel, like a straw being squeezed and pushed forward. It causes all these cars to be pushed through the tunnel in front of the truck as it drives, getting tossed around by the force of the ground beneath them, bouncing off the walls like hotwheels. Clearing his path and destroying Gotham at the same time.

This is where this pile of cars comes in, a practical effect where the bombtruck smashes through just as they are all exploding out the front. It is intercut so all you see is a massive bunch of cars blasting through the exit of a tunnel as the truck gets through.

Obviously I have no idea. I just want to see these cars go flying.

Last edited:
perhaps its a trap to make gotham and authorities believe batman is with them(LoS)

Remember this tunnel scene could still be a daytime shoot, the schedule said they'd be filming today between 4AM and 10PM.

OOO! Just had a thought: what if when Batman was racing through the parking structure and the lights were shutting off, its because that darkness is supposed to be a swarm of bats that they'll add with cgi later!!!!! It's unlikely. It's more likely that the lights shutting down is due to power failure of some sort as Batman is trying to escape from either the structure crumbling or something else

I think the bat idea makes a lot of sense actually. :up:

I cannot see the swarms of bats idea coming to fruition. I'm having a guess and saying Batman is riding into a trap, with the lights being turned off strategically by Bane goons.

Also, I talked to a security guard and he had said they had done some filming earlier today at The Standard. For those of you who don't know, The Standard is a hotel in downtown LA with a really nice rooftop bar/lounge.

Interesting. I could see this being a Wayne related scene with either Fox/Tate/Selina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"