• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Blade Official Blade General Discussion and Speculation Thread!

Blade always felt like a weird choice.

The way Feige always explained it was that he had a meeting with Ali, and the actor expressed interest in the character Blade so it was greenlit. But there was no story in place or way to integrate the character into a larger narrative.

Let Mahershala play Professor X instead :oldrazz:

At this point best thing they can do is recast to get a younger actor to play Blade, especially if they have future plans for him for sequels & team up films

I mean...they haven't shown him on-screen, so a recast wouldn't be as noticeable or strange compared to Terence Howard/Don Cheadle and Edward Norton/Mark Ruffalo. So, it's definitely doable.

iu

I'm shocked.

I think Ali would be great in the role under the right circumstances, but it struck me as odd to cast someone his age in 2018/19 and now, just a bit over a year until he turns 50, it’s even stranger.

Which isn’t to say it’s not still doable (we’ve got action heroes in their 60s and 70s), but…

Ali is a great actor to take over the role. But now with the news of its delay, somethign seems off. WAY off. Not just with Blade, but will all Marvel as a whole.
This seems to be a general question, do they (Marvel) have an idea how to step forward?

If you re cast and go younger then my pick for Blade would be Aldis Hodge but he's in DCEU as Hawkman

Lakeith Stanfield would be my choice, if MA steps down.

I'd be fine with Ali not playing Blade. Get a fresh actor we haven't seen before than having to watch Cottonmouth playing another role.

I'd keep Trevante Rhodes as a backup plan actually.

I would definitely think of him as an interesting choice for Blade to replace MA because after this I wouldn't be surprised if MA leaves the role of Blade and they would have to recast

But I definitely would go after someone who could play Blade similar to Wesley Snipes in terms of dramatic range but also have a cool, menacing tone or has an edge to them like Snipes did that whole original trilogy

I still want to see Ali as Blade but if he ends up leaving then all the alternatives suggested above sound good.

I'd yes to a recast unless Marvel Studios has no plans for their own Blade II and Blade Trinity. Blade seems like a sure bet for Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars.

Awesome. Yann's work on the original Top Boy series was great and 71 is a really good film. Was hoping to see his feature career really take off since the guy is very talented.

Ashely Walters for steppin razor!

When They See Us was a heavy series and that's a good thing. It was a return to form for Ava Duvernay after A Wrinkle In Time, which wasn't great.

Great replacement. Yann Demange has done some great work with '71 and Top Boy. Also, I thought White Boy Rick was underrated.

And great on getting Michael Starrbury, When They See Us was so good.

Lovecraft country was really awesome (…except the ending)
Some really great episodes (each kinda its own genre and story)
Mostly remember the episode, where the kid was chased by two demons from Uncle Toms Cabin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"