Comics Official Fans of Reilly Thread - Part 1

I've not read Spider-Man in years and have zero interest in doing so, but dagnabit I just love Ben too much. Help me out. Do I need to read the Amazing Spider-Man issues of the Clone Conspiracy or does the Clone Conspiracy mini stand on its own?

dpn't read it at all, it will hurt you too much - just pick up his new mini and hope PAD undoes Slott's damage

^^^ It's just a mini series? I thought it was an on-going...

I've not read Spider-Man in years and have zero interest in doing so, but dagnabit I just love Ben too much. Help me out. Do I need to read the Amazing Spider-Man issues of the Clone Conspiracy or does the Clone Conspiracy mini stand on its own?

:funny:... dagnabit?... people today still say dagnabit?!?... :funny:... j/k, man...

Ok, so I just read Clone Conspiracy #5...
WtF?
So, again, Slott obviously doesn't know how to write a decent ending. Not only did nothing happen, there seems to be no resolution, dead characters come back, clones are on the loose, but since there are no meds for them, they'll just die in a day, yet it sounded like it was going to be an issue even though if any amount of thought was put into it, obviously there is no threat as most of them have been over a day without the meds.
All the characterization and advancement some of the characters went through only for nothing to come of it as they all just died anyway.
Hobie died, again... but wait, he was alive the whole time!
Same as with the parker industries employee...

Next issue is the start of the Symkaria Goblin war.
So, no resolution, no aftermath issue... nothing.
Ben and Otto are now both dead, only not.
Seems like the one clone body is now missing...

Looks like it will be a Ben vs Otto superior scarlet spider thing now...
I hate slott so much!

Ok, so I just read Clone Conspiracy #5...
WtF?
So, again, Slott obviously doesn't know how to write a decent ending. Not only did nothing happen, there seems to be no resolution, dead characters come back, clones are on the loose, but since there are no meds for them, they'll just die in a day, yet it sounded like it was going to be an issue even though if any amount of thought was put into it, obviously there is no threat as most of them have been over a day without the meds.
All the characterization and advancement some of the characters went through only for nothing to come of it as they all just died anyway.
Hobie died, again... but wait, he was alive the whole time!
Same as with the parker industries employee...

Next issue is the start of the Symkaria Goblin war.
So, no resolution, no aftermath issue... nothing.
Ben and Otto are now both dead, only not.
Seems like the one clone body is now missing...

Looks like it will be a Ben vs Otto superior scarlet spider thing now...
I hate slott so much!

Don't let your hate blind you :cwink:
There will be ASM#24 (out tomorrow) and Clone Conspiracy Omega (out in a week) to wrap things up before Normal Osborn returns in ASM#25.

Also the clones that fled were cured by the counter frequency, so they are as good as real people and don't need the meds anymore. So the threat is that many of Spidey's old (and dead no more) enemies are on the loose now.

The only thing I really didn't understand is how they resurrected the dead Hobie. But I guess it is more of a "they don't like Prowler being a clone from now on"-thing.

View attachment IMG_3281.JPG

BEN REILLY: SCARLET SPIDER #2
PETER DAVID (w) • MARK BAGLEY (a/C)
Variant Cover by PATRICK BROWN
• The Scarlet Spider is back and madder than ever!
• Ben Reilly, after his plan to take over the world was foiled, is trying something new.
• You won’t believe what you read here!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I thought he would revert to the iconic 90's blue hoodie look by the next issue? Or this just cover art?! Hmmm 🤔

that cover just reinforces my belief that it would have been a great costume with normal scarlet eyes and no mouth (and hood down)

I think the mouth was just Bagley's little touch and not the actual costume. I'm sure he used to do the same with Ultimate Spider-man even though it wasn't really a feature of the suit.

That's my bad guys. I gotta update the BRT to say the costume comes back at the end of the first arc, not issue.

Amazing #24 was terrible as well.
I don't think that the Omega issue will salvage any part of this failed story.

Amazing #24 was terrible as well.
I don't think that the Omega issue will salvage any part of this failed story.

Yeah. ASM#24 is terrible. I'm no Ben Reilly fan or Scarlet Spider fan, really, at least not as much as the more devout fans of the characters. But I can sympathize. I seriously wonder how much longer Marvel is going to let Slott continue to ruin characters only for other writers to have to come in and repair the damage. Characters like MJ and Felicia, for example, favorites of mine, have been Slotticized.

Ok, so Ben is now 90's Kaine...
Suffering from clone degeneration and evil...
Wtf?

Another Slott event with a strong start that blows up, loses focus, and limps to the finish. I really did have such high hopes, too. Sigh.

Huh... The last page was cool but I agree... Why the hell would they essentially turn him into Kaine 2.0 complete with inexplicable villainous past? Also does this mean
Jackal is supposed to be dead for good?

I'm curious as to how exactly Miles looks like Miles again and not looking like his genetically altered form from the 90's...

the 90s look was hanging up as a costume so I guess the retconned it as being a costume the whole time

the 90s look was hanging up as a costume so I guess the retconned it as being a costume the whole time

I noticed that, and if so, that is pretty stupid considering his powers and prowess at the time.
Just more shi7 slott can't be bothered with.
He's getting to be as bad as bendis!

I suppose he could've always just genetically altered clones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"