Comics Official Fans of Reilly Thread - Part 1

Omega was terrible.
There is no redeeming this version of Ben at all...
I can't believe how bad slot screwed up this character!
Once he was the most noble of the 3 Spiders, now he is the most deplorable.

And before anyone chimes in saying that slot didn't write this, it is still being done under his direction. He has final say over pretty much everything in the Spider-Universe.
Only when a line-wide event comes through is when he has little say.

I don't understand how they think they could get fans of the character excited to read new stories about him when he pretty much isn't that character at all anymore.

I'm in shock. My beloved Ben, hero of my childhood, is now a maniac madmen who looks like a zombie and has no sense of responsability anymore.

At first I was really glad that Ben finally came back. But he is not recognizable anymore. What have they done?

I will pick up the Scarlet Spider book, just out of hope that he will get better.
But at the moment I am really not liking this.

At least we can all take comfort in knowing that this isn't the real Ben Reilly.
He died along with nearly everyone else from the 616.

^ I feel like it's already been explained to you that that's not necessarily true.

Agreed that Marvel is totally trying to cash in on Ben fans despite selling an almost unrecognizable character. Just continued proof of their arrogance and disregard for fans.

YEAH!!!
BRSS2017002005_COV.jpg

BEN REILLY: SCARLET SPIDER #5
PETER DAVID (w) • MARK BAGLEY (a/C)
• Ben Reilly is back in the blue, and right on time for his big showdown with Cassandra Mercury and her strongman, Slate!
• But Mercury and her minions aren’t the only people who have it in for Ben. Kaine does, too, and he won’t stop until he brings Ben in…dead or alive!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

the lettered preview of the first issue has leaked - I kind of liking what I see

He is in Vegas, hence why the proportions on the Statue of Liberty looked so bad

He stole the costume from a spidey cosplayer, however this is off panel so I wonder if the plan was to actually revert him to the OG costume or if it was a reaction to the fans disdain for the new costume

OG costume Ben is as we all figured the good angel in his imagination

Looks like the first few arcs will be a path of redemption like we hope

the lettered preview of the first issue has leaked - I kind of liking what I see

He is in Vegas, hence why the proportions on the Statue of Liberty looked so bad

He stole the costume from a spidey cosplayer, however this is off panel so I wonder if the plan was to actually revert him to the OG costume or if it was a reaction to the fans disdain for the new costume

OG costume Ben is as we all figured the good angel in his imagination

Looks like the first few arcs will be a path of redemption like we hope

Wonderful.

Knew it was Vegas.
There were other monuments in the image.
That was the only place it could have been.

oh and

[BLACKOUT]he does not consider himself a bad guy for wanting to bring back dead people (it conveniently omits the whole wanting to kill people part but thats fine if we ignore Slotts bad characterisation and get normal Benny boy back for me) but Good Angel SS does point out he was acting like a villain [/BLACKOUT]

Anyone read the latest issue? Only took a handful of issues but it looks like they've

Restored Ben and Kaine to non-degeneration, and Ben is on the path to save his soul - which has been subjected to more deaths than any living being in the universe (or any reality). He is told all this by Death... the chick who hangs with Thanos. She is the one who restores everything. So Ben is back to normal and officially on the path to being a good guy. Perhaps this whole thing can be redeemed.

What I did like about the Death angle, even though it really has no place in a Spider-Man universe story - is that it confirms that it's Ben's soul in the clone body. The latest Myles Warren process brought back a person's soul... which means any clones of living people - had a new soul? They didn't get into that, but it does mean that everyone they brought back in Clone Conspiracy was the for all intents and purposes... the same as the original. Kinda cool.

Aloha,
Bagley would be great back on Amazing. I think this series is beginning to find itself. It gives Ben a whole new reason for living.Time will tell.
Spidey rules

Anyone read the latest issue? Only took a handful of issues but it looks like they've

Restored Ben and Kaine to non-degeneration, and Ben is on the path to save his soul - which has been subjected to more deaths than any living being in the universe (or any reality). He is told all this by Death... the chick who hangs with Thanos. She is the one who restores everything. So Ben is back to normal and officially on the path to being a good guy. Perhaps this whole thing can be redeemed.

What I did like about the Death angle, even though it really has no place in a Spider-Man universe story - is that it confirms that it's Ben's soul in the clone body. The latest Myles Warren process brought back a person's soul... which means any clones of living people - had a new soul? They didn't get into that, but it does mean that everyone they brought back in Clone Conspiracy was the for all intents and purposes... the same as the original. Kinda cool.
Which now explains why Gwen acted the way she did.
Damn, Slott really sucks!
He couldn't even figure out the proper backstory for his own story.
Anyway, I've actually been enjoying this series! And this Issue is the best one yet!
His self sacrifice was great!

Aloha,
Bagley would be great back on Amazing. I think this series is beginning to find itself. It gives Ben a whole new reason for living.Time will tell.
Spidey rules
I'd rather Lyle
Bags' art is getting worse and "same-y"
He's becoming like JrJr

So is Ben acting like Ben now? I was cautiously interested when I heard he was returning, but I prefer my Ben to not be a villain and the few issues I've skimmed makes him out to be nothing like the Ben of old.

So is Ben acting like Ben now? I was cautiously interested when I heard he was returning, but I prefer my Ben to not be a villain and the few issues I've skimmed makes him out to be nothing like the Ben of old.

Read the new thread for a guage on his current status...
Beware of spoilers though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"