World Official Green Goblin Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And images from Ultimate Spider-Man 156. Is Norman Osborn still alive? We'll find out.
12953112121.jpg

I just finished the Phil-Hobgoblin arc and I must agree - He makes for a GREAT read. I really dont think there is any doubt that Kingsley is gone - they really went out of their way to show you it was, indeed, him (without throwing a sign around his neck!).

I REALLY hope Phil shows up again - especially since he's pretty much Kingpin's right hand Goblin! I love the new suit, love the weapons...bring on the Hobgoblin!

I just finished the Phil-Hobgoblin arc and I must agree - He makes for a GREAT read. I really dont think there is any doubt that Kingsley is gone - they really went out of their way to show you it was, indeed, him (without throwing a sign around his neck!).

I REALLY hope Phil shows up again - especially since he's pretty much Kingpin's right hand Goblin! I love the new suit, love the weapons...bring on the Hobgoblin!

I wouldnt be at all surprised if Kingsley comes back in ten or twenty years. We never saw the face of the guy Phil killed, after all. Until then, I'll enjoy the mischief that this new Hobgoblin gets into.

I love that Bagley art up there, definitely looks like his Norman. I may just start reading USM again just for his art.

I wouldnt be at all surprised if Kingsley comes back in ten or twenty years. We never saw the face of the guy Phil killed, after all. Until then, I'll enjoy the mischief that this new Hobgoblin gets into.

True - after all, look at Norman!

I just hope not too soon...I'm digging Phil!

True - after all, look at Norman!

I just hope not too soon...I'm digging Phil!

Both Kingsley and Osborn are masters of deception. I think that Roderick figured that Kingpin would double cross and kill him, so he sent the dupe to loot the Green Goblin hideout. Notice how Hobgoblin hesitated when Fisk demanded that he swear allegiance to him.

True - but it would have been someone who can tear a steel door off, suggesting super strength. Then again, such things can easily be explained (albeit poorly) with something like, "I had the dupe wearing strength enhancing armor!"

Either way, I hope Kingsley's return is a long time coming. - Nothing against the character, of course, but I want Phil to really...stretch his wings...! =)

True - but it would have been someone who can tear a steel door off, suggesting super strength. Then again, such things can easily be explained (albeit poorly) with something like, "I had the dupe wearing strength enhancing armor!"

Either way, I hope Kingsley's return is a long time coming. - Nothing against the character, of course, but I want Phil to really...stretch his wings...! =)

Kingsley exposed Lefty Donovan to the Goblin Formula, so he may well have done the same here. But yes, I'm digging Urich as a maniacal answer to the early years Spider-Man, ie the nerd that gains power and has a love triangle with two Bugle co-workers.

That is true too! I'd forgotten about that! Poor ol' Lefty!

What I love about Phil is that 'regular young dude given gadgets and power and going to have fun with it' attitude - it really appealed to me when he was the hero Green Goblin, and I like how its carried over into his villain role.

Also I'd love to see some new 'Goblin gear' thrown into the mix - I love the plasma sword, and since he's working with the Tinkerer as well...bring on the gadgets!

That is true too! I'd forgotten about that! Poor ol' Lefty!

What I love about Phil is that 'regular young dude given gadgets and power and going to have fun with it' attitude - it really appealed to me when he was the hero Green Goblin, and I like how its carried over into his villain role.

Also I'd love to see some new 'Goblin gear' thrown into the mix - I love the plasma sword, and since he's working with the Tinkerer as well...bring on the gadgets!

I absolutely loved the Green Goblin series an hated that it was canceled. It actually made me write in to Marvel to not cancel it. I'm glad to see that Phil has increased in self confidence but hasnt changed in his desire to just have fun with his deadly power. He is much more deadly now as the Hobgoblin than he was as the Green Goblin.

Agreed on all accounts.

Hopefully he'll be back soon...

He will be. Tinkerer is an expensive SOB, apparently. Phil is going to have to do some "errands" to make ends meet. :gg: :bomb:

Considering his connection to Kingpin is pretty strong...I'd love to see him show up in Daredevil - granted, it's Black Panther thats doing his thing there now...still, Phil vs Panther could be a lot of fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"