Official Monk Thread

I was thinking about the finale again. I hated the reason why Trudy was killed but I did like how Monk is happy and has someone in his life now.

I wonder if the writers had thought of this idea from when the series began.

I was thinking about the finale again. I hated the reason why Trudy was killed but I did like how Monk is happy and has someone in his life now.

I wonder if the writers had thought of this idea from when the series began.

Monk will be happy until the stepdaughter files a restraining order against him.:hehe:

Ha yea Monk's lucky she's so open to spending time with him otherwise he'd be a little off again. Obviously not as bad as the whole Trudy dying thing but none the less he'd be a little off again

Ugh, I agree. I hated the ending.

First of all, Trudy having an affair and child with the Judge is weak. It just destroys everything we've known about Trudy thus far and turns her into pretty much a cheap, two faced, tramp.

Second, the whole Judge thing was lame. Dale the Whale, Sheriff Rollins, the six fingered man, etc. They all made this person who killed Trudy sound like some sort of criminal mastermind on par with Monk. Instead it is essentially a politician who couldn't keep his dick in his pants. Weak. :down:

I agree. It's too bad the show, since it admittedly took tons of references from Sherlock Holmes, couldn't have gone a bit farther and installed a Moriarty-like figure. Someone mysterious that Monk knows throughout the series is orchestrating crimes, and then at the end you realize it's also the same guy who killed Trudy. Also, if they had worked in another character who had a bigger presence in the series, and had him be the killer, it would have been much better.

However, I did enjoy watching Monk actually get angry. They had nice character moments for Monk.

One thing I like about the show is that most of the time, you know who did it and the fun part is watching how Monk figures out how to prove it.

I like Sharona better than the other assistant.

Me too..I'm up to the season four now, but I miss Sharona. She and Monk had better chemistry then Natalie.

Sorry to bump this, but I saw this show on ION TV and rediscovered it on Netflix.

I would like to see a TV movie, to see what Monk's life is like having known who killed Trudy and having Trudy's daughter.

The series finale never explained any connections between Dale the Whale and the Judge.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"