MONK - Season Five Discussion

Gamma Ray

Superhero
Reaction score
Season five begins next Friday with "Mr Monk and the Actor".

I managed to see it a week in advance. I'm happy to say that the show is still as humorous and fun as ever. They are keeping with the same storytelling method as the previous seasons, but I can already tell that there will be even more character development as this episode spends a bit of time on Trudy.

The premise of the episode is a studio wants to make a movie about Monk telling the story of the time he solved the case of the astronaut who committed murder from last season. It was a very good episode with more humor than usual. One particularly funny scene where they cast a woman to play Lieutenant Disher stood out for me.

Peter Weller and Greg Grunberg are among the guest stars!

I've been watching the Monk marathon today. It's great to see Sharona again. I like Natalie but I kind of miss the relationship Sharona and Monk had.

I like Natalie better. I didn't like Sharona.

Gamma Ray said:
I like Natalie better. I didn't like Sharona.
Same here. Can't wait for the new season. I hope they have more of Randy, heck maybe another video for the Randy Disher Project.:D

I hated the way they just wrote her off, I like both of Monks caretakers, but I just wish Sharona had a better send off. :(

Likewise Wolf. I wish Monk would have to go to New Jersey to bail Sharona out of something. Imagine it, Monk in the dirtiest, most crowded state in the US :eek:

Plus it would be great to see Sharona and Natalie interact.

I wish they didn't originally make Natalie such a carbon copy (Single mom, Monk becomes the daughter's father figure, etc)...there was some original planning problems, but I think she developed nicesly into her own however.

That being said, Bring on Season 5! I especially can't wait this year as Psych is the perfect companion to Monk.

They should do some crossover episodes.

That'd be cool. The crossover commercials over the summer have been hilarious, especially the one with Johnny from The Dead Zone and the new dude from Psych arguing over who's the better super-detective, with Monk in the booth behind them counting corn. :D

TheCorpulent1 said:
That'd be cool. The crossover commercials over the summer have been hilarious, especially the one with Johnny from The Dead Zone and the new dude from Psych arguing over who's the better super-detective, with Monk in the booth behind them counting corn. :D
I love that one.:up:

"Excuse me, I won't be needing these.":D

I don't watch Monk but... Sharona?
As in... Muh-muh-muh-my Sharona?

LadyVader said:
That's her name don't wear it out.

LadyVader said:
Yes, a great character named after a great song. :p

And you should totally start watching Monk, LV. You've got good enough taste to be into Stargate and the Invisible Man, so a show as good as Monk would be right up your alley.

The first episode of season 5 is a good one to start out with, IMO. You'll learn why Monk is the way he is.

I thought we already learned that with the flashback episode to Monk's childhood. :confused:

We already know why, but for a new viewer like the one above, this would be a good starting episode for learning why.

Don't forget that it premieres tonight at its new time of 9 PM!

Great episode. Stanley Tucci was great. You just gotta love that guy.

Mr. Monk as the assistant basketball coach was hilarious. The whole whistle thing had me laughing more than any other episode.

Would this be a good point to jump on?

Gamma Ray said:
Mr. Monk as the assistant basketball coach was hilarious. The whole whistle thing had me laughing more than any other episode.

that was pretty damn funny, but what had me laughing most in the entire series was in Mr. Monk Goes To Mexico, when they steal Monk's luggage and take all of his water. he goes on to thirst for the entire episode because no one has the brand he likes. hilarity ensues.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Yes, a great character named after a great song. :p

And you should totally start watching Monk, LV. You've got good enough taste to be into Stargate and the Invisible Man, so a show as good as Monk would be right up your alley.

Wait, the Invisible Man? The show that used to be on SciFi? I loved that show... It's weird to hear that other people watched it, since it was cancelled.

I only caught the last several minutes of the basketball one. I did like how the obligatory explanation was timed.

Gamma Ray said:

This episode had some absolutely hillarious lines.

Monk: (sees Julie and her friends at his door) I don't have any candy.

Julie: We'll give you 54 dollars and it will count as my birthday present.
Monk: Here's the thing...I didn't plan to get you a birthday present.

Monk: Stay in school. Don't do dope.

Monk: The jury is still out on cooties. If only we could get more federal funding.

The running 54 dollar joke was great.

Plus the ending, with the two second left and full court shot. Knew it was coming...but still...hillarious.

But here is a thought. Why has Randy had practically nothing to do this season?

Matt said:
This episode had some absolutely hillarious lines.

Monk: (sees Julie and her friends at his door) I don't have any candy.

Julie: We'll give you 54 dollars and it will count as my birthday present.
Monk: Here's the thing...I didn't plan to get you a birthday present.

Monk: Stay in school. Don't do dope.

Monk: The jury is still out on cooties. If only we could get more federal funding.

The running 54 dollar joke was great.

Plus the ending, with the two second left and full court shot. Knew it was coming...but still...hillarious.

But here is a thought. Why has Randy had practically nothing to do this season?
:D :up:

I wanna see more Randy too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"