Official Mort Casting thread

BT18

Superhero
Reaction score
mort2.gif

No explanation needed. So who are the nominees? Please add to the list or voice your preference.

Edward Norton

nortonedward.jpg

Alan Ruck

story4629photoee5.jpg

James Woods

movers_woods_200x200.jpg

Dr. Drew

story.pinsky.onpzn.jpg

Only thing about Norton is RR probably won't cast him if he casts Salma Hayek as Ava. Unless they're good enough friends after their breakup that they can work together very intimately fine.

There's already a Mort in Sin City 1. He's in the Art Of Sin City book, and also in the extended version of the movie. He's an important character, but I don't know if he needs to be potrayed by a "name" actor. I just want a good actor.

Lobster Charlie said:
There's already a Mort in Sin City 1. He's in the Art Of Sin City book, and also in the extended version of the movie. He's an important character, but I don't know if he needs to be potrayed by a "name" actor. I just want a good actor.

didn't someone say he that he was being played by a soundguy in some still?

What "extended" version of the movie do you speak of?

Mort is here in the top pic:
mortpic.jpg

And notice the shots of Hartigan's wife, and the Nurse.

These scenes were shot, but excluded for the theatrical release. Each story will be complete in the Special Edition DVD, coming out next year.

And I repeat my question, is the guy an actor? or a stand-in? If the fomer, who?

Possibly excluded for the express reason he would not be ideal for a character role in a sequel?

Who said he was a sound guy? I never heard that.

I just assume they shot all this stuff, so, for all intents and purposes, you're looking at Mort right there.

I doubt he'll be in ADTKF though.

Norton would be sweet if he and Salma Hayek were to work together. They would have good chemistry when it came to conflict.q

Lobster Charlie said:
Who said he was a sound guy? I never heard that.

I just assume they shot all this stuff, so, for all intents and purposes, you're looking at Mort right there.

Well even beyond the "when you assume..." rule I think that's a pretty baseless assumption, but I continue to ask if there's any other information about it or why you would rule out what I've outlined as a more likely possibility about him.

Do you even know his name? I have read that he wasn't even an actor. Could be wrong information. but if he was an actor, don't you think anyone would know his name?

Um, Rodriguez himself said they shot the comics *in their entirety*, and these images were pulled from The Making of Sin City book. So, yeah, it's hardly a baseless assumption. If he says he shot the entire film, and the Making Of The Movie book has images of characters in scenes from the comics (but not from the theatrical release), one would *easily assume* these scenes will end up in the extended versions he's promised us.

I have no idea who the guy is, or who the woman that plays Hartigan's wife is. But there they are. Their names will probably be on the DVD. There are also images of Marv visiting his mother in the book, and I don't know her name either, but you can tell the scene was shot.

Where did you read all this talk about him not even being an actor? Another message board or an actual article?

you insisting that "he's already cast" because of a still photo from a book shows a guy portraying him when Rodriguez purpously didn't include whatever context this came from in the theatrical version of the film is baseless.

If he was played by an actor, for what the third time now?..Wouldn't anyone know the guys name ?

We probably don't know who he is because we haven't seen the extended versions yet.

Again, where did you hear he was a sound guy? And unless Rodriguez reshoots these parts with new actors (don't know why he'd do that), one could quite easily assume these will be the actors in the extended DVD, until we are told otherwise.

so, again, that assumption is hardly "baseless." its based on what evidence we've been shown thus far. if anything, YOURS is based on even more speculation.

It might be pretty beneficial to cast someone who's very tall for the role, seeing as how the height contrast between Mort and his partner was so memorable. For that reason I think John Cusack should also be considered

SA1B4.jpg

I don't see why at all, sorry.

He is in with that group (Bruce Campbell, Edward Norton, Jim Cavezial, Kate Beckinsale, and others) who get suggested for every role under the sun they could possibly not be the most terrible choice ever for.

I'm thinking Kevin Spacey.
He's a great actor, likes crime/noir movies and would only have to film a few days!

0203BritEsq3.jpg

In the first Sin City, When Bruce Willis shoots himself, the shot is side on, with Willis body shaded completely in white. That actual angle is used when Mort kills himself in A Dame To Kill For. Are they going to use the original angle in That Yellow Bastard instead?

chazzared said:
In the first Sin City, When Bruce Willis shoots himself, the shot is side on, with Willis body shaded completely in white. That actual angle is used when Mort kills himself in A Dame To Kill For. Are they going to use the original angle in That Yellow Bastard instead?

Perhaps they will, perhaps they won't. It will be interesting to see.

And, as a bonus, the original death from That Yellow Bastard
hargiantopshimself1.bmp

hargiantopshimself2.bmp

hargiantopshimself3.bmp

that always bothered me about hartigan's death in the movie.instead of bruce willis pressing the gun to his temple,he presses it to his forehead(mort's suicide angle).nevertheless it WILL be interesting to see how they go about mort's death.

I vote against bringing that "Ron Hayden" guy back. It should be a somewhat known name actor like all the other major roles got. Hell even the guy with the Swastika on his forehead who got shot with the arrow was played by one of the coolest cult actors of our time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"