Shazam I see the MAGIC!!! The Official Dr. Sivana Casting thread.

John-An

Wonder Fingers!
Reaction score
Welcome to the Official Dr. Sivana casting thread. Who would you cast for this role?
2351092-doctor_sivana.jpg

Dat Jackie Earle Haley.

Original recipe Sivana.

Dat Jackie Earle Haley.

Original recipe Sivana.

The one in the original picture is from the origin. The magic starts eating away at him until he looks like the real Sivana at the end of the story.

Jesse Eisenberg. :o

Part of me wants to shy away from Jackie Earle Haley just because he seems like such an easy choice (not to mention that he's doing comic projects like crazy), but damn if he doesn't have the perfect look and just the right pedigree.

I don't know... Mark Rylance maybe? I feel like he has a good physicality for it.

I don't know about casting, but I really hope he is played sympathetically where he was possessed and driven mad by Mister Mind.

1286130-dsba.jpg

SHAZAM%20MOVIE%20TRIO%20VIillains%20MAgic%20X%20Science.jpg~original

Last edited:
RZ0LGnw.jpg

Jackie Earle Haley or bust.

The other got-to would have been Willem Dafoe who also famously played Max Schreck's Count Orlok, who C. C. Beck somewhat based his Thaddeus Bodog Sivana on.
But he's already done that, plus played crazed scientist (Osborn)Green Goblin, so would be a bit of a rehash.

J.E. Haley really is perfect!

Last edited:
Haley as Sivana is not particularly nay perfect physically but man... He could be a terrifying version. Which I think you need for a film adaptation. If you just have him as a goofy mad scientist it would waste the potential of have JEH in the part.

If Tobey Jones wasn't already tied to another comic book mad scientist, he'd be perfect.

I guess they're going for the new 52 look for Sivana, my preference is for the smaller creepy, pre 52 version. Strong hardly ever disappoints me though, so I welcomed it.

I guess they're going for the new 52 look for Sivana, my preference is for the smaller creepy, pre 52 version. Strong hardly ever disappoints me though, so I welcomed it.

Agree, I also prefer Parker & Becks' creepy Schreck version of Dr. Sivana, not crazy about the New52 version, which seems more derivative of Lex Luthor, when Dr. Sivana I believe came first.
Although they did seem to have him get more withered and creepy, as he was exposed to magic.

sTGAqA4.jpg

I loved Mark Strong as Sinestro, and wish they'd bring him back for the GL reboot.
That said if he agrees to Sivana I'm sure he'll make the character work either way, and make it his own.

Last edited:
I'd have no problem whatsoever with Strong in the role. I always wanted to see more of him as Sinestro, but Sivana is another role he could totally nail.

Agree, I also prefer Parker & Becks' creepy Schreck version of Dr. Sivana, not crazy about the New52 version, which seems more derivative of Lex Luthor, when Dr. Sivana I believe came first.
Although they did seem to have him get more withered and creepy, as he was exposed to magic.

sTGAqA4.jpg

I loved Mark Strong as Sinestro, and wish they'd bring him back for the GL reboot.
That said if he agrees to Sivana I'm sure he'll make the character work either way, and make it his own.

Hope they pull a bit of mocap to show him eventually decaying into Sivana's standard form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"