Official Silent Hill Discussion **

I see three options:
1) Kojima parts ways with Konami and creates P.T. with Del Toro as an independent developer. So yeah, kinda middle finger to Konami.
2) Konami revived the project themselves. Kojima will be developing it on contract terms.
3) Konami revived P.T.. Kojima won't leave Konami and will be developing it.

1) More than likely
2) Unlikely
3) I wish

Don't forget that the Ghost from PT is also in MGSV as a decoy hologram thing. Most likely, all of that stuff was decided before all the big split or falling out or whatever it is happened, so I doubt it's really something that one should look much into.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the ghost was removed from MGSV.

This isn't the silent Hill your used to or asked for . Infact it more like anothe zombi game I used to play back in the day in the arcades where you can actually use martial art's on them be side fire arms . so it'll be different but still fun for those open minded about it to give it a shot.

Streets of Rage: Silent Hill Reimagines Konami’s Horror Game Series As A Brawler. August 10, 2015 . 12:30pm

Streets of Rage: Silent Hill even includes a playable Pyramid Head.

A new fan game called Streets of Rage: Silent Hill is a 2D brawler set in the Silent Hill universe. It even includes a playable Pyramid Head.

In fact, many of the characters from the Silent Hill series are playable, including: James, Maria, Angela, Travis, Eddie, and Heather. It features original sprite work for these characters and is made in the Beats of Rage game engine.

You can download Streets of Rage: Silent Hill for free here.

Read more stories about PC & Streets of Rage: Silent Hill on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

I wouldn't believe me because I can't remember where I read it. I still think it's true though.

It's been taking a while, but I think I've finally found a story worth telling. I'm avoiding the ending revelation which I think has become nothing more than cheap gimmick, designed in the attempt of mimicking the masterpiece that is Silent Hill 2.

I've downloaded Unreal Engine 4, so I may attempt to make a game based on this story in the future :p

It's just a tidbit, but hopefully you guys will enjoy it. It's just atmospheric, with a taster of who the character is and what is demons are. The writing I've always tried aiming for in Silent Hill is in the style of mild schizophrenia - the quick changes and incoherence. How something can affect and disturb you in one moment before playing on, just as the characters do. Numbing growth, I call it.

A vile odour fills my nostrils. It's coming from cell 13. The sickly stench started as soon as my eyes met the number. Being the superstitious fool that can't shake old beliefs, I've always kind of feared that number. The door, unlike the others that are all shut, is slightly ajar - almost as if daring me to enter, taunting and provoking my curious nature. Instincts tell me to ignore it and move on, even the smell alone is forcing my stomach to tell my mind the same thing. But I've never been able to help myself - something is challenging me and I've never backed down in those circumstances. Despite my fears in life, I've always tried to spin them in a positive light, perhaps just to keep myself sane. After a night in this town, however, my efforts haven't appeared to have worked...
Pushing the door open, I step inside. An indescribable feeling waves through my body, particularly in my chest and throat. Pains in my lungs now. The room is dark and musty, creeping up on the anxiety of claustrophobia that I suffer from. Flight or fight mode kicking in, I think - that's all I need. For some reason I walk further inside. I should be running for the hills, like always. But I'm not. My heart is thumping like crazy against my chest. Tingling in my hands, as my legs begin to feel heavy and stiff.
Then, almost killing me with fright, the door slams and locks itself. I charge for the door. I begin banging and kicking, screaming for sweet release. I can't breathe. I'm choking. I can't be trapped. Enclosed within a tiny, dark space...one of my greatest fears coming to life. I think I'm going to die. I vomit up the dinner I had in the diner on the floor, over me. That same smell as outside the cell...the door unlocks and moves itself open for me. I rush out, basking in some shade of light - better than complete darkness. I spit out the few chunks of sick still in my mouth. Taking a last look at cell 13 before I never see it again, I see something I haven't thought about since my teens - since he passed away. Something that used to terrify me as a child involving my grandfather, whose own father was a judge in Silent Hill back in the 1910s. Surrounding townsfolk came up with a morbid song they used drunkenly sing, based on an act that, ironically, got him hanged after being found guilty of the crime that I can easily surmise and imagine. My grandfather recited it every night during the occasions he babysat me - drilled into my skull as often as he could - warning me not to tell my parents as I cried in the darkness of my room...Often times, I'd either faint or vomit at just the mere thought of him.

Smearing down the wall, written in fresh, black ink and in my grandfather's own handwriting - I remember clearly from the letters he used to write to me:

"Hangman, Hangman, who are we going to hang? Who is gonna drop to a mighty bang? No merciful end, legs thrashing, throat tightening, face turning blue, mind losing all sense of the clue, oh, it's an unlucky day to be you.
Hangman, Hangman, who you gonna drop? Whose neck is gonna break through your tight knot?
Oh, not our children! Oh, Hangman, Hangman, hang us instead, choke us until our eyes turn red..."

He's trying to make me feel like a helpless, scared child again. Am I letting him succeed? Moving forward, it hits me like a bolt of lightening ...The number 13 - I fear it, not just because of some stupid, superstitious crap, if that was ever the reason - it was the number of the house he used to live at...

Halloween...thoughts turn to Silent Hill.

Has anyone played the Arcade game? I'm wondering why that hasn't been ported to console.

Stephen King in Silent Hill
[YT]S3fKoS12pOM[/YT]
Silent Hill is an example for psychological horror in video games. In the same way, Stephen King's name is inseperably intertwined with the genre of Horror in movies and literature.

That was pretty cool. I knew they drew some inspiration from King, didn't notice the movie posters. Then again, the graphics didn't exactly make them pop. Definitely felt SH influence in the The Mist.

Got bored so wrote this

Alessa's Dream

Rain pours outside my window. A gift from the Heavens, sent to ease my scorched, infected skin. But, its untouchable. Teasingly out of my reach. Through my mind's eye, I can picture the clouds raining down on me as I dance with carefree grace. But the water soon turns to blood, almost drowning me in its vile putridness.

Despite the life I've lived, I used to dream of nothing but beauty. My favourite dream was always the same: I'm sitting, by myself, in green fields, lined with rows of the most beautiful flowers. The sun shines with all its might, as a stunning butterfly touches down upon my finger. By a beautiful lake, deer graze in the distance. That dream has since changed now. The warm grass turns to cold, rusted metal. The flowers in their bed wither and die. The sun bleeds into an angry red and disappears through thick, black clouds. The humid air turns icy and it begins snowing, as fog envelopes me within its grasp. I can no longer see anything around me, expect the friendly insect that remains on my finger - Alice found the baby had turned into a pig as she escaped with it from the Duchesses house - I find the once beautiful butterfly, blossoming into an ugly, disgusting moth...

I overhead the doctor and my mom talking. The doctor is suggesting I be moved down to the basement today, as I'm apparently drawing unwanted attention, and this way, I can be better monitored. I don't want to be moved. I feel a little bit safe with the other patients around me. I know none of them talk to me as they're scared of what I look like, but I still like to be in their company. A little boy, younger than me, always tried speaking to me. One day, he made me a get-well-soon card. It made me cry inside. He passed away a couple of days later due to problems with his lungs. I could hear his mother's screams from down the corridor. They echoed through me for days. I didn't know his name and I can't remember what he looked like, just an invisible shadow to me, now. But I'll never forget his innocence and kindness. It moved me in a way I've never felt before.

*My best friend Claudia, still hasn't come to visit me, and now with them moveing me to the basement soon, I don't think I'll be seeing her again.

I awake in a new room. There's not a trace of light in here. Something like this would've scared me half way to death before the fire and the nightmares. Now, there's nothing worse out there than what's going on inside my body and mind. Awake, I feel nothing but pain...asleep, I hide in dark corners so the monsters can't find me. I'm living a life - no - enduring an existence that will never end. But, its my burden to bare...it would end if I was to give up my soul...but why should I? Why should I give the bad people want they want? They want me to fade away from this world as the mother of its destroyer. I refuse that and I always will. I don't know how strong I have to be, but I recall the survivors from one of my favorite books, The Lost World. The horrors and terrors they had to endure in order to survive and some of them managed it. I'm going to be like that. I'm going to be a survivor. If not for myself, then for the people out there who are kind and good hearted. People like that little boy who gave me the card...I didn't think anybody was like that, as I've never really been shown any kindness from anyone...But, my faith has been restored and all because of finally knowing and feeling the innocence and beauty that life contains. I can't see those things anymore, but I know they exist...and if that god was to be born, they'll wither and die, just like the beauty from my dream. I can't allow that to happen. So, once they try to finish what they started, I'll make they're in for a surprise...they can't finish without a soul and that life inside me will cease growing. I have a better understanding of how my powers work...and I also know that if I do this, I'm going to be trapped in the darkness of nightmares for a long time.
It must be done...
I have a new dream now and I intend to live it, until death takes me...

Silent Hill 4: The Room or (Horror ≠ Fun)
[YT]eaPNuBK4UNM[/YT]
Why Team Silent made Silent Hill 4 - The Room less fun to play than its predecessors.
On purpose.
And why this was an extremely curageous and avant-garde move.

I hadn't thought about it like that but it is an interesting take on it.

As I look back on it, SH4 was interesting but I didn't like how they re-used the same levels. Using them as a mind**** or not they did get tedious. Unlike SH2 or 3 or even Homecoming, OI doubt I'd ever get around to playing it again despite having a copy at home.

It's a neat idea, but the reality behind it is that SH4 wasn't originally a mainline SH title. It was a spin off title Team Silent was making that got converted to a mainline one late in development. That's probably why it has the differences from the other games.

Last edited:
Cliffy B.? That's random, not someone who I would associate with such a project at all.

Yeah, "Cliffy B to work on the next Silent Hill" would be a weird headline. However with Kojima in the mix, it would be less surprising. They're pretty tight.

Let's never speak of this game again... It breaks my heart.

12742637_10207522918205325_3452633989736957505_n.jpg

Put out a game called Quiet Mountains and make all the money dammit! :argh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"