• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official UFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL Chael Sonnen is back on form & absolutely destroyed Overeem on ESPN MMA Live :D

[YT]S6ayoZ1PiBw[/YT]

Sonnen is trolling like usual. It's funny when he gets people riled up by what he says. Lately he's been dissing Wanderlei, and in internet MMA land that brings out the pitchforks. It's kinda funny seeing people get worked up by what he says.

I had it recorded & I just watched the rest of it he destroys Lesnar as well, he said something along the lines of "If I just got stomped out by a guy I outweighed by 50lbs I'd think about quitting too." in regards to the whole Brock supposedly not having trained since the Velasquez fight & whether or not his heart was in the sport.

Chael, after his witty insults made a good point after that IF Lesnar was thinking about trying to walk away that it might be because he has no interest in being the number 2 guy in the HW division.. which is what Chael argued would be the case as he didn't feel Lesnar would be able to really close the gap in well rounded'ness that Velasquez has over him to overthrow him.

Alot of the people who write about the sport aren't very smart, isn't Brock still under medical suspension & is actually banned from training until like February or March anyway?

The Brock thing is mostly speculation than anything. Some people think that he's going to leave MMA to do Wrestlemania. Dave Meltzer supposedly wrote an article speculating that, but some people say that the article was misquoted. I don't get Meltzer's newsletter, so I can't exactly touch on what he said. Of course that doesn't exactly stop the hate and love brigade from going to war.

I really can't wait until tonight. I've been anticipating UFC 125 for weeks now, but it's been a long ass wait. It's really hard for me to pick a winner between Edgar and Maynard. Both guys have improved so much since their last fight. I think this might end up being an early Fight of the Year candidate with the fight being decided in the last two rounds.

Brandon Vera's nose needs some repair becuase DAMN!

veranosemedium.jpg

Last edited:
Thaigo Silva not only gave Brandon Vera a 3 round beating, he gave him a horrendous looking broken nose..

As I'm typing this Chris Leban has just been TKO'd by Brian Stann.. beast.

My favourite fight thus far has probably been the Josh Grispi/Dustin Poirier fight, Grispi lost but hes a slippery son of a ***** on the ground..

The Guida/Gomi fight was entertaining as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is scored a draw..

Really superb main event, Frankie Edgar really has superb heart & chin to come back so strong after that first round.

Personally I thought it was a draw so I'm content with the decision.

I agree that it was a draw. That fight would have been Fight of the Year IMO if it happened yesterday. It was as awesome as I hoped it would be. It's pretty much the best championship fight the UFC can make besides maybe Cain vs. JDS.

Rematch needed. Sucks for Pettis, but when you have a champ who's 0-1-1 against his top challenger there needs to be some kind of closure. It was a very close and entertaining fight.

I'm happy that for awhile at least, the 'lay praynard' and 'jab and run' crowd will shut up.

Rematch needed. Sucks for Pettis, but when you have a champ who's 0-1-1 against his top challenger there needs to be some kind of closure. It was a very close and entertaining fight.

I'm happy that for awhile at least, the 'lay praynard' and 'jab and run' crowd will shut up.

The situation is damned if you do and damned if you don't. If you give Mayanrd the rematch, Pettis has every right to be pissed since he was promised a unification bout with the champ. If you give Pettis the Edgar fight Maynard has a right to be pissed because he came very close to taking the belt. It sucks for both Pettis and Maynard, and even Edgar because you could tell that he wanted the win bad against Maynard.

And no, it won't shut up the morons who scream Lay and Praynard and "outpointing." Some dumbasses are already claiming that the fight had some half ass takedown attempts by both guys and some lay and pray.:whatever:

The situation is damned if you do and damned if you don't. If you give Mayanrd the rematch, Pettis has every right to be pissed since he was promised a unification bout with the champ. If you give Pettis the Edgar fight Maynard has a right to be pissed because he came very close to taking the belt. It sucks for both Pettis and Maynard, and even Edgar because you could tell that he wanted the win bad against Maynard.

And no, it won't shut up the morons who scream Lay and Praynard and "outpointing." Some dumbasses are already claiming that the fight had some half ass takedown attempts by both guys and some lay and pray.:whatever:

And he'll get his unification bout. Just not right away ;)

Unless he decides to take another fight while waiting and then loses. :dry:

Well, there's only one way to resolves the lightweight title situation....

Triple Threat match at UFC 131-Rage in the Cage!!! I say put Edgar, Maynard, and Pettis in a triple threat match for the title while you have B.J. Penn as the special guest referee.:awesome:

I wonder if Dana will reprimand Silva for playing the bongos on Vera's head last night.

I wonder if Dana will reprimand Silva for playing the bongos on Vera's head last night.

He shouldn't considering I don't think he ever said anything to Couture when he was spanking Tito..

I loved his Austin Powers style 'judo chop' to the shoulder though. :funny:

Apparently Randy Couture & Lyoto Machida have verbally agreed to fight in Toronto at UFC 129..

Last edited:

I hate the fact that there is apparently gonna be an Edgar/Maynard rematch & not the scheduled Champion/Pettis fight.

UFC has been getting into a really ugly habbit recently of having immediate rematches of close fights.. I know it was a draw, but if we are being blunt the rules state Edgar holds onto his title. At the same time because Maynard didn't lose he shouldn't be tossed right back down the pile.. but he should be forced to earn another shot based on the fact he came up short the first time. He should fight whoever was gonna be after Pettis.. infact it should be on the same card: Edgar/Pettis, Maynard/whoever with the 2 winners fighting a few months later.

If Edgar/Maynard 3 does happen next before Pettis gets his shot if I were him I'd be ****ing pissed..

He shouldn't considering I don't think he ever said anything to Couture when he was spanking Tito..

I loved his Austin Powers style 'judo chop' to the shoulder though. :funny:

Apparently Randy Couture & Lyoto Machida have verbally agreed to fight in Toronto at UFC 129..

It was just the least sportsmanlike fight I've seen since Silva/Maia. I don't care personally but if Dana chewed Anderson out, both Thiago and Brandon should get lectured as well.

Really? I didn't think it was that bad, theres no harm in abit of taunting/showboating, but largly I think Silva did it to try & bait a reaction from Vera so he could land a clean shot.. and it did, he ate a backwards elbow from Vera which looked like it actually pissed Silva off immensely & he ended up just throwing hard punches not caring if they hit his arm/hand.

I thought Dana chewed out Anderson more for the fact that in like 3 of the 5 rounds he barely engaged Maia & basically bounced on his toes occassionally imploring Maia to attack him without ever doing any attacking himself.. to be honest Maia should share some of the blame for that as well, he could have made that a fight the same way Chael Sonnen did, he could have attacked Anderson..

I'd *****-slap a guy who was just turtling and doing nothing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"