• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official UFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn you Wikileaks! :argh:

*goes into a bar and scream FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU*

Last edited:
Anderson Silva is definitely a good striker.

Noons is a good striker. He was marked as a big potential guy in Pride, nearly made the US Olympic team for boxing, and has won kickboxing titles.

Today's post (#6) was Hominick vs Jabouin from WEC 49. I've been retooling the 7th-9th entries as they're a little different and would typically not make these kinds of lists.

Noons is a good striker, on that I agree, but he's not some crazy god that would beat any MMA fighter standing. It's like people think that certain strikers are certain cheat codes or something. *remembers the Melvin Manhoef hype and Hulks out against the wall*

Old school Chute Boxe:

chuteboxe.jpg

Haha! Overeem has some Kickboxer music in one of his new videos. It's on his website thereem.com and it's pretty awesome.

So Todd Duffee is gonna fight Overeem on New Years Eve on like a weeks notice.. should be amusing..

I heard that Duffee hasn't been training, so the matchup isn't as intriguing. Still, it's a lot better than the usual freakshow stuff that happens in Japan on New Year's Eve. Overeem fighting Duffee is a lot better than him fighting Fujita, Goodridge, Terkay, etc.

Son of a *****! :csad:
http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/12/...p-cain-velasquez-out-6-8-months-with-shoulde/

LAS VEGAS -- It will be a long while until the new UFC heavyweight champion defends his title.

Newly crowned champ Cain Velasquez will be out of action for six to eight months with an injured shoulder, sources with knowledge of the situation told MMA Fighting.

UFC president Dana White subsequently confirmed the news to MMA Fighting following Wednesday's UFC 125 press conference at the MGM Grand Hotel.

"Yep, it's true," White gloomily responded when asked if Velasquez would have to be shelved. He said the summer of 2011 would hopefully bring Velasquez's return.

When he does return, his next foe is already lined up. Junior Dos Santos has been promised a chance to fight for the belt, and he will likely be forced into a waiting game while Velasquez heals up.

Maybe they can get him and Dos Santos to coach TUF while they wait. I hate seeing my boy Cain out for a while since he's usually active.

Dam it will be near the end off 2011 before he is even capable of fighting again..

I know Dos Santos has earned a shot, but he should take another fight. It will be like a year in between fights if he waits for Velasquez to be fit.
If hes gonna take another fight he could well end up fighting Lesnar or Carwin, if not Nelson will end up taking on one of them..

Speaking of Lesnar I've just read that a UFC high up has officially stamped out any possibility of Lesnar going to the WWE for a 1 off fake wrestling match with The Undertaker as his retirement match, The Undertaker I mean.

It would sicken me to see Lesnar back in the WWE even for a 1 off, I almost headbutted my TV when I saw Floyd Mayweather was gonna have some sort of 'fight'.. its a good payday but in particular for Lesnar it would piss all over the work hes done since trying to convince MMA fans I feel.

Yeah saw that yesterday. Good that Chuck is going out with his faculties intact. I wish him the best in retirement!

Chuck shoulda retired after Shogun (T)KO'd him.

His chin was never the same since Rampage KO'd him for the LHW title & kinda killed his aura of invincibility he seemed to have going for him.

I'm actually glad Tito wimped out of their proposed fight & Franklin stepped in because there was a real chance that Tito might have actually been able to beat Chuck seeing as Chuck had managed to somehow catch up & overtake Tito in the 'Who's the most over the hill'.. Franklin at least was a far more credible opponent & has shown he can be a handful for anyone.. Chuck was actually winning until that flash KO from what I can remember.

Anyway, glad to see him retire & not take anymore daft fights like some fighters do *cough* Ken Shamrock *cough*... If he was to have had 1 more retirement/freakshow match, I'd have liked to have seen him fight James Toney at LHW in the UFC. I'd love to see Toney actually feel what its like to get hit with such light gloves on.

Did anyone catch any of Dynamite? Fernandes/Takaya's ending made me tear up as I have a similar relationship with my dad.

Also, lol @ Aoki.

I thought about watching it live, but then I realized that I hate live Japanese broadcasts. When it's 3 in the morning I can't deal with long ass intros and intermissions. I'll watch the fights tomorrow maybe. There are some decent bowls and a lot of Twilight Zone on right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"