OLD Green Lantern HBO Max Series Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
'Green Lantern' TV Series Among Pair of Greg Berlanti DC Dramas Set at HBO Max

The prolific producer behind The CW's rapidly expanding Arrow-verse has set two DC Comics-inspired series at HBO Max, including a new take on Green Lantern and anthology Strange Adventures.

"Both of these original DC properties we’ll be creating for HBO Max will be unlike anything seen on television,” said Berlanti, who now has 21 live-action scripted originals across seven outlets. "An anthology series of cautionary tales set in a world where superpowers exist, and, in what promises to be our biggest DC show ever made, we will be going to space with a Green Lantern television series, but I can’t reveal any more about that just yet."

Yeah baby! I’ve been tooting that horn for a GL tv show for ****ing years now!!! Anyone that knows me on here knows how hyped I am right now!!

**** yes!!
Superman show and GL show? I am in heaven

I was here back when GL was first being developed. I remember reading Berlanti’s original GL script and it was ****ing amazing. 100x better than what the shooting script ended up being. Berlanti loves and understands this character and anyone that deems him a bad choice for this series is simply ignorant to the fact that his original GL script was ****ing amazing until WB started meddling with it.

Berlanti is literally the best option for this.

Can’t wait to see how this turns out. It’s going to be amazing. Mark my words.

"Both of these original DC properties we’ll be creating for HBO Max will be unlike anything seen on television,”

Ok I'm all in.

Boys Geoff created such a glorious blueprint. I think this will be brilliant. Season 1 = Secret Origin?

After Batman and Superman, this is easily my favorite superhero. Guys, I cannot ****ing wait. I’m literally so so excited.
Been saying for a while... **** the movies! Just do tv shows! DC can’t compete.

Superman show and a GL show? Ugh I couldn’t be happier

just look at Flash. Ezra’s Flash is unbelievably awful and Gustin’s Flash is fantastic. I just trust the TV side more. Lower budget, yeah, but that’s not all that matters.

I was here back when GL was first being developed. I remember reading Berlanti’s original GL script and it was ****ing amazing. 100x better than what the shooting script ended up being. Berlanti loves and understands this character and anyone that deems him a bad choice for this series is simply ignorant to the fact that his original GL script was ****ing amazing until WB started meddling with it.

I remember Berlanti's involvement in the GL movie, before he had all these TV shows. I did read positive things about the original script. I really hope you're right and I will mark your words!

I'm honestly tired of Berlanti being given everything DC. I hope this doesnt shoot in Vancouver and is given a decent writing team.

So is this a standalone show or connected to the Arrowverse?

Why Berlanti!! Lindelof just did an incredible DC show on HBO, the best reviewed superhero show of all time, why not get someone of his caliber

Yess, i read it too, back in the day, it was indeed very good!

And hey, this is Hbo, they never miss!

I would imagine this is standalone, potentially leaving the door open for a movie franchise if it really catches on.

Although it seems everything "connects" to the Arrowverse now in a manner of speaking, so...

this was rumored months ago and the article said it follows Kyle Raynor wonder how much of that is true

Why Berlanti!! Lindelof just did an incredible DC show on HBO, the best reviewed superhero show of all time, why not get someone of his caliber
Because it's likely nobody of his caliber cares about Green Lantern.

Why Berlanti?

Berlanti-involved DC shows since Arrow launched:
Arrow (8 seasons)
The Flash (6 seasons and counting)
Supergirl (5 seasons and counting)
Legends of Tomorrow (5 seasons and counting)
Black Lightning (3 seasons and counting)
Batwoman (1 season and counting)
Titans (2 seasons and counting)
Doom Patrol (2 seasons and counting)

Future:
Superman and Lois
Green Arrow and the Canaries
Green Lantern
Strange Adventures
Stargirl

Non Berlanti-involved:
Constantine (cancelled after 13 episodes)
Swamp Thing (cancelled before the second episode aired)
Powerless (pulled from air before all episodes even made it on TV)
Krypton (cancelled after 20 episodes)
Gotham (5 seasons)

EDIT: forgot Pennyworth

Besides the Vertigo shows and Gotham, everything they've tried without Berlanti was a MASSIVE failure.

Berlanti keeps his shows on the air.

Last edited:
Berlanti has certainly had the enthusiasm for GL for a long time. I like that's it's an HBO Max show and not CW.

Berlanti is also the executive producer on Titans and Doom Patrol. They play to the strengths of their services. CW shows have target demographics to meet of their own. Judging this solely because of Berlanti is a mistake considering this is an HBO Max project.

Berlanti is also the executive producer on Titans and Doom Patrol. They play to the strengths of their services. CW shows have target demographics to meet of their own. Judging this solely because of Berlanti is a mistake considering this is an HBO Max project.

The guy will have at least 22 shows running simultaneously across broadcast TV, cable, streaming services, and premium cable next year.

Like him or not, he's currently the most powerful producer on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"