Old vs. New

I liked a lot of aspects about the new. Like the speed and agility of the turtles and portrayal of the characters... the rivalry between Leo and Raph... but I still prefer the original... simply due to the fact that it was less cartoony... I hated the stupid "monsters from another dimension" crap and the fact that the humans looked unrealistic... but I loved the fight scenes!!

Humans haven't looked realistic in a lot of the cgi cartoon movies that have come out.

Was Splinter in this movie the once a human man who was turned into a mutated rat or was he just a mutated rat like from the original movie?

Splinter is still a mutated rat like in the Mirage comics, and the previous live action films.

The Orginal will always have a soft spot in my heart, it was very dark which had a great influence on me when I was a kid. The movie delt with issues that you wouldnt normally get out of a comic book styled movie durning that time (that I was allowed to watch) the action was thrilling, today I can still quote a good portion of the film.

I loved the more human aspect of shredder, we never really get to know him but we get an idea of what he's about through the flash back. For me the movie shredder was one of the most bad ass villains, just because he was a normal man commanding an army of ninjas who took no bull from any one.

Now the new movie was still dark, but I was ddissappointed in how kid like it was but I do understand that they do have limits as to what they could do with the film (the studio wanted to target kids more so then they wanted to) but it did add a new point of view with the 5th camera like view. It was still really good, I enjoyed it all the way through even if it was a bit more light hearted then then what I wanted but still kicked a lot of but!

I wouldn't say it's a common misconception, but I think many overestimate how dark the original comics are. The first issue is grim and violent, but after that the stories are not so much dark, they're simply not silly. They are of the same tone as most superhero comics. There is a lot of humour in them. The Turtles do engage in slapstick.

Really, the darkest element is that the Turtles themselves are more aggresive than other versions, with their almost permanent scowls and lack of irises. They also kill their opponents, often by stabbing them. Nevertheless, they are still charming characters, and never supposed to be taken completely seriously.

Humans haven't looked realistic in a lot of the cgi cartoon movies that have come out.

Well, of course they're not going to look realistic--it's a cartoon!!.. what I meant to say is that they looked ******ed compared to the incredibly well-rendered Turtles. I'm wondering why the crap they stole the exact same facial structures that were used in The Incredibles!!

the new movie kicks ass but part of me still wanted the live action. i would of liked a cgi / reality mix if it was done right

I think the new film was infinitely better. I still hold the originals in a special place in my heart, but the new one was just everything I wanted out of a Turtles movie. Animation is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"