• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Omega Flight Vs Mighty Avengers

O

omegaflight_fan

who wins??

OF - Talisman, Sasquatch, Guardian (the collective guy from New Avengers), Beta Ray Bill, USagent, Arachne

MA - Iron Man, Miss Marvel, Wonder Man, Wasp, Ares, Sentry, Black Widow

I really like OF, but this fight could go either way!

yeah, omega flight def bites it here..

Yeah did he get depowered or something. I thought that he was pretty damned tough.

No he didnt

Bendis just forgot that Alpha Flight was a top noth super team when he was writing the collective

That and the editors were asleep at the wheel

I dont know if i'd be so quick to discount Omega Flight here.

Besides The Collective, they also have Beta Ray Bill, who has kicked the snot out of Thor, and they also have Talisman, who is a pretty decent level magic user. The MA have no magic users at all.

I think Omega Flight has at least a 50/50 shot at winning, if not more.

Thor is superior to Bill

When Bill beat him Odin had rigged the fight so Thor would lose.

Not saying Bill isnt a powerhouse

Just saying

I'd have to go with Omega Flight. While Bill has been shown pretty conclusively to fall short of Thor in an even fight (as bkhedr pointed out, Odin kind of rigged that first fight, even though how he did so didn't make much sense--but I'm digressing), he's still pretty powerful. Plus, magic trumps pretty much everything else and Omega Flight's got magic in spades while the Mighty Avengers have no defense against it whatsoever.

I'd have to go with Omega Flight. While Bill has been shown pretty conclusively to fall short of Thor in an even fight (as bkhedr pointed out, Odin kind of rigged that first fight, even though how he did so didn't make much sense--but I'm digressing), he's still pretty powerful. Plus, magic trumps pretty much everything else and Omega Flight's got magic in spades while the Mighty Avengers have no defense against it whatsoever.

I would go with OF, but then there's Sentry who supposedly can fight Galactus to a standstill:whatever: , and that makes me think things over. For now, anyways, until Sentry lives up to the hype, I'll go with OF (won't be easy though).

Ares is the God of War, so he should have some defense against magic, right?? (don't know much about Ares)

Thor is superior to Bill

When Bill beat him Odin had rigged the fight so Thor would lose.

Not saying Bill isnt a powerhouse

Just saying
I would say that they are closer to equals. The fight wasn't really rigged so much as the arena favored BRB over Thor (heat helped to heal Bill).

Anyway, they have the same powers pretty much and both have shown pretty spectacular feats (like cracking Galactus' armor).

I would go with OF, but then there's Sentry who supposedly can fight Galactus to a standstill:whatever: , and that makes me think things over. For now, anyways, until Sentry lives up to the hype, I'll go with OF (won't be easy though).

Ares is the God of War, so he should have some defense against magic, right?? (don't know much about Ares)
I guess. But Marvel's Ares doesn't really use magic himself, so the best he'd probably be able to do is stand up to Talisman and Bill a little bit better than the rest of his teammates. Bill could probably still take Ares down all by his lonesome anyway.

Bill would most likely take down Ares, unless he has that upgrade I keep hearing about, but know nothing about.

The Sentry, if written correctly (as in by every single other writer than Bendis), would definitely be a team breaker for Omega Flight, as he's physically powered his way through magic in the past, and would probably be too much for any single or even two of them to handle.

The only wild card I'm stuck on is ex-Xorn guy.

And USAgent wouldn't fight them at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"