State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

random_havoc

The Golden Guardian
Reaction score
The idea for this thread is pretty basic. I'll post a Marvel character, then everyone shares their opinions of them, and fun is had by all :)

CHARACTERS SO FAR
Punisher
Black Knight
Silver Surfer
Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
Carnage (Cletus Cassidy)
Hawkeye (Clint Barton)
Captain Mar-Vell (Original)
Cyclops
Dr. Strange
Shatterstar
Hercules
Darkhawk
Iron Fist
Thor
Juggernaut
Quicksilver
Captain America (Steve Rogers)
The Scarlet Witch
Jean Grey
Ultron
Iron Man
The Hulk
The Thing
The Human Torch (Johnny Storm
Black Bolt
Multiple Man
The Invisible Woman
Daredevil
Wolverine
Mr. Fantastic
Dr. Doom
Spider-Man
Nick Fury
She-Hulk
Loki
Kingpin
Zemo (Helmut)
Luke Cage
Ares
Captain Britain
Kang The Conqueror
Ms. Marvel
Apocalypse
The Infinity Gauntlet
X-Men (The Second Class)
Black Panther
Black Widow
Cloak
Sentry
Namor
Spider-Man 2099
Bullseye
Jubilee
X-23
Balder
Magneto
Vision (original)
Bishop
Charles Xavier
Adam Warlock
Venom (Eddie Brock)
Shang Chi
The Shi'ar
Gambit
Stilt Man
Sandman
Storm
Drax
Ultimate Captain America
Kitty Pryde
Wasp
Colossus
The Mandarin
The Purple Man
Avengers Academy
The Absorbing Man
Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)
Emma Frost
Elektra
Dagger
Mystique
Tigra
Spider-Woman II/Madam Web II
Black Cat
Quasar
Hyperion
Karnak
Medusa
Moon Knight
Scarlet Spider
The Young Avengers
The Red Hulk
The Hood
Crystal
Gorgon
Lockjaw
Nico
Molly Hayes
Ultimate Nick Fury
Ultimate Hulk
Ultimate Thor
Ultimate Hawkeye
Ultimate Fantastic Four
Ultimate Spider-Man (Peter Parker)

Ultimate Green Goblin
Ultimate Daredevil
Blob
Falcon
Archangel
Firelord
Firestar
Justice
Speedball
Night Thrasher
Namorita
Nova
Gamora
Galactus
Terrax
Super Skrull
Rocket Raccoon
Star Lord
Ronan
Layla Miller
MJ
Mockingbird
Monet
Omega Red
Pixie, Psylocke
Ronin
Moon Dragon
Rogue
The Sentinels
Sinister
Slapstick
Siren/Banshee
Winter Soldier
Squirrel Girl
War Machine
Strong Guy
Stepford Cuckoos
Mantis
US Agent
The Watcher
Howard the Duck
Taskmaster
Ghost Rider
Red Skull
Deadpool
Doc Samson

Last edited:
If you're wondering why this new version of the thread is started, long story short is that Corps said this is the only way to do it so I'd have the first post and could constantly update the "so far" list, so that Anubis wouldn't have to keep doin it.

Anyways, it's a little early, but why not post the next character in our nearly finished week of Ultimate Marvel Characters!

Ultimate Green Goblin
UltGreenGoblin.jpg

Terrible.

Posting for subscription anyway.

Yeah, do not like Ultimate Goblin.

Sucks!! and thats about all that needs to be said on that matter!

I don't find him bad as a character, I like him, he's not too far from the original in personality (I hate you son, Parker is my boy, and I killed my wife), he remains true to his original counterpart for the most part

Hulk/Abomination Goblin design is not an improvement

All u Ultimate haters need not worry, tomorrow will be the last Ultimate character for the foreseeable future :)

I was a big fan of the direction they took Ult Goblin. I think you're right Aziz, in that they stayed true to the original in a lot of ways, but I liked the new take of making him an actual goblin (made him seem more threatening to me than the guy in a rubber mask approach). Also, I just re-read Ultimate Six, and in retrospect I think what they've done with Norman Osborn in the 616 over the past few years follows the pattern Bendis set up with Ult Osborn in the sense of having him be more manipulative on a larger and political scale, which is one of the things I love about current Osborn. (which only makes since Bendis wrote Ult Osborn and Osborn during Dark Reign.

Hater is such a strong word Rad!I perfer a serious disliking of abysmal and inadequate characters who are poor renderings of far better quality representations... on sec thought.yeah!hate about covers it! hehe

Hater is such a strong word Rad!I perfer a serious disliking of abysmal and inadequate characters who are poor renderings of far better quality representations... on sec thought.yeah!hate about covers it! hehe
:hehe:

If you're wondering why this new version of the thread is started, long story short is that Corps said this is the only way to do it so I'd have the first post and could constantly update the "so far" list, so that Anubis wouldn't have to keep doin it.

Anyways, it's a little early, but why not post the next character in our nearly finished week of Ultimate Marvel Characters!

Ultimate Green Goblin
UltGreenGoblin.jpg

I'm not a fan of the way they changed the Green Goblin into a monster, but Ultimate Norman Osborn is awesome.
The transformation thing doesn't make any sense to me: Peter receives Oz with spider DNA, and gains superpowers without his appearance changing. Norman takes Oz with his own DNA, and he turns into a hulking, green, pyrokinetic monster? WTF!?!

Wasn't OZ derived from the the super soldier serum, same as whatever turned Bruce Banner into the Hulk? For Peter, oz was mixed with a spider, Osborn just took it straight. With that in mind, I was fine with this interpretation as a giant green monster.

I'm not a fan of the way they changed the Green Goblin into a monster, but Ultimate Norman Osborn is awesome.
The transformation thing doesn't make any sense to me: Peter receives Oz with spider DNA, and gains superpowers without his appearance changing. Norman takes Oz with his own DNA, and he turns into a hulking, green, pyrokinetic monster? WTF!?!
Pete got it through the mutated spider, Osborn got a pure injection, I took it as the reason why Pete didn't mutate

LAST one for Ultimate Marvel Week!!!

By request, here's...

Ultimate Daredevil
ultdd.jpg

Pete got it through the mutated spider, Osborn got a pure injection, I took it as the reason why Pete didn't mutate

But why does Oz + Spider DNA = Spider powers without any changes in appearance, but Oz + Human DNA = Transforms into hulking green pyrokinetic monster? The inconsistency of the effects of Oz drives me nuts.

But why does Oz + Spider DNA = Spider powers without any changes in appearance, but Oz + Human DNA = Transforms into hulking green pyrokinetic monster? The inconsistency of the effects of Oz drives me nuts.

Don't forget Oz + explosion equals Octavius having telekinetic control of metal arms, and later metal in general.

LAST one for Ultimate Marvel Week!!!

By request, here's...

Ultimate Daredevil
ultdd.jpg
Thank's chief :up:

This guy is a bit too serious, can't seem to have fun, the original has his fun moments that made me enjoy him, this one has moments I really want to step on his face. Cool thing is they kept his costume with no changes

Both this one and the original are strange cases, church boy loved by nuns, but dresses up as the Devil, if not for Moon Knight of the Ultimate world I would have wondered how greater can a person be demented

Both versions have an obsessive enmity to another hero/anti-hero. This one dislikes Spider-Man enough to leave the fight he's on to punch him, though there are moments he's courteous towards him. Compare this guy to his original counterpart anger towards Punisher, he leaves Tombstone carrying a machine gun on people and he's closer to him in order to stop Punisher from killing Tombstone then heads to stopping Tombstone

Yeah alright, thought I love them both, at least now I feel the Ultimate guy less demented and a better human being, the 616 guy is just insanely demented

The original is demented as this guy hammering his head in this video, Ultimate is very sane compared to him
There was an Ultimate Daredevil?
Was is very very true
He died when most heroes died

Yeah, Ultimate Daredevil mostly appeared in the Ultimate Spider-Man series. i liked that he was so much like 616 with just a different attitude basically (thought of ult spidey as just a stupid kid getting in the way). It was a fun alternative.

I also liked the fact that Ult Daredevil died saving people in the tidal wave that hit new york in Ultimatum. I liked it because it gave u something u don't see in the 616, a majorly recognized character dying in a villain's attack. Normally in the 616 it's just characters u don't care much about getting killed, and they all come back anyways. With Ult DD, he died, and he ain't coming back.

I thought he sucked. He was a sourpuss version of regular Daredevil.....which is pretty f**kin' sour.

I don't think I read a single issue with him in it. I didn't read much Ult. Spidey though, just the Venom arc plus a few here and there.

Not enough use, and he when he did appear he just came off as an angrier 616-DD. This its the Ultimateverse, Marvel, try to make the characters seem different. 616 was obviously more interesting even at his worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"