OMG!!! Iron Spidey wins!

Discussion in 'The Comics' started by wolvie2020, Nov 7, 2007.

1. wolvie2020

wolvie2020 Registered

Okay, I'm going to shock and horrify a lot of you here...

For those of you who somewhat know me, visted a couple of my other threads, or clicked my link on my tag, you'll know that the business I run a lot to do with Marvel Comics.

Anyhoo, I'll cut to the chase. A LONG time ago, I put up an article in the Danger Room, (the pop culture side to our website,) all about the varations of Spider-Man's costume throughout the decades.

I lef it on the homepage for a while... (I wanted to see the reaction over time.)

All I can say is, check out how many votes the Iron Spidey suit got. (You'll have to click view results.)

Some things I'll never understand...

http://www.urbanspecies.co.uk

2. shinlyle

shinlyle King of the Haters

Well, in all fairness, you have the red & blues divided up into 4 categories, which, if combined, would equal 71 votes...but still.

The Iron Spider better than the Black Costume?! It looks there are 5 peopel using a combined total of 46 IP addresses...

3. wolvie2020

wolvie2020 Registered

That's what our team is thinking...

4. Sloth7d

Sloth7d Escapist

WtH!? That can't be right.

5. Donald Thomas

Donald Thomas The Black ArachKnight

Aloha,
    Is this American Idol all over again with Sanjaya?
    Spidey rules with real votes

6. JJJ's Ulcer

JJJ's Ulcer Registered

I think your problem was seperating essientially one costume (the original) into five different variations. Sure, the eyes changed, but every artist has his own style... it was still essientially the same costume. Thus the votes for the original got spread out and the Iron-Spidey costume won (although everyone knows the black costume's the best! ;-) ).

7. wolvie2020

wolvie2020 Registered

Yea, I know what you mean. But when I wrote it I had the feelin' I wanted to give the novices some education! Oh well... (At least people are picking different artists!

And yes, the black costume is the best:word:

8. Spider-ManHero12

Spider-ManHero12 Web-Slinger

I'm shocked. The Iron Spidey suit is stupid.

9. Doc_OCK_4MUGEN

Doc_OCK_4MUGEN I love 6" not 3 3/4" toys

I just threw up... some online polls are stupid... Stupid L-Block beating Cloud, Link, Sephiroth, and Solid Snake on the gamefaqs character battle finals... I think there's something wrong with that poll...

10. wolvie2020

wolvie2020 Registered

Lol, :up:

11. Joker

Joker Registered

I still dont get the Iron Spidey suit hate...it was a temporary thing, was never intended to be anything other than a temporary thing, had some cool gadgets, and looked fine...it's like alot of you people are still going "oh my god! it's different and it's here to stay! he'll never be red and blue again!!!" even though he's already back to red and blue...in short, I think most of you are f**king ******s, and I hope you die :cmad:

12. SalaciousVC

SalaciousVC Registered

yeah that yeah that

13. A.X.L

A.X.L Registered

Go make a ***** :o

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/kentosborne/joker-*****.jpg

14. Joker

Joker Registered

see...this is a actually nice comparison to the Iron Spidey suit...it would be like if today people were still legit complaining about the Joker saying ***** over and over again in one issue...that's the same type of argument as this anti-iron spidey thing is.

see what I did there?

15. A.X.L

A.X.L Registered

Made a *****?

16. spiderfan970

spiderfan970 Registered

the black suit and the iron spider suit are really similar...They're just different colors with gauntlets and awkward spats...So what I'm getting at is why does everyone hate the design so much when its almost the same thing?

17. Spider-Girl™

Spider-Girl™ Mayday Parker

i think the only thing the black suit and iron spider suit had in common was that they were both temporary.

18. arachnid-guy

arachnid-guy Registered

Really, I couldn't care less about the poll.

But....I ****in' love the clothes! In fact, Imma gonna order some right NOW!

Jeez, they are smexified!

19. Doc_OCK_4MUGEN

Doc_OCK_4MUGEN I love 6" not 3 3/4" toys

It looked like crap... The suit was a fugly REd and Gold mech symbiote wannabe with 3 spylegs... and Spidey could "glide" I don't know about the other guys but the reasons Icomplain about it are:
    It has an Iron Sidekick feel to it... iron suit, red and gold... (and Peter was in sidekick mode)
    Bunch of crappy add-ons: (The 3 spylegs, the only in dark areas stealth camo, the "Gliding" wings... He fricking flew...)
    It gave way to the unmasking...
    well I hope you don't get any more boners... :oldrazz:

20. spiderfan970

spiderfan970 Registered

Well I don't know, they had the same design idea, one solid color with a big spider in the middle and eyes... Didn't everyone hate the black suit when it first came out as well?

21. JJJ's Ulcer

JJJ's Ulcer Registered

If you're not joking, you seriously need to up whatever meds you're on. :whatever:

22. dan1

dan1 Registered

The iron spidey suit was another pathetic attempt at JoeQ and team creating a plot device for another big "shocker event" to sell S-M comics, when all most everyone wants in a Spider-Man comic is a continuity laden story respecting all past Spider-Man plots, that is fun and escapist. That's why most of us got into S-M comics, I would imagine. People didn't say, "let's get a Spidey comic, he's gonna tell the world he's Spidey, let's get a Spidey comic, he's growing stingers and eating heads, let's get a Spidey comic, Aunt May will hook up with the Avengers butler, let's get a Spidey comic, Peter is a chosen magical Spider-God flunky, let's get a Spidey comic, MJ lied to Peter for 10 years and Gwen screwed Norman and had his babies, let's get a Spidey comic, now Pete has organic webs just like the movie, let's get a Spidey comic, Pete is a follower, and not his own leader anymore, Pete is Iron Man's flunky and left his responsibilities at the door.

Your Joker Pic has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with Spider-Man's shock value treatment the last 8 years. Nothing.

23. wolvie2020

wolvie2020 Registered

Thanks dude, appreciate it.

If you buy, add a note to say it's you and that you know Hash from the Hype! And I'd give you a better price...

I'll give you the fan discount ;)

24. wolvie2020

wolvie2020 Registered

Well, to be honest mate, the whole reason for me posting this thread, (and the reason for a lot of other people's responses,) is that purely on an aesthetic level, the Iron Spidey suit is fairing FAR better than most of us would imagine.

Personally, I'm quite 50/50 on the suit. I think when drawn by the right person, it can look pretty cool

The fact it's beating the black costume I think is VERY worthy to scratch our heads in disbelief. Seriously, I'd have never imagined that result...

25. wolvie2020

wolvie2020 Registered

Actually, the black suit got a surprisingly well response.

Shooter at the time, despite saying that the black suit is here to stay, had planned all along to get rid of it when Spidey lost the symbiote.

But after seeing the reaction at the convention that they debuted it in, as well as the continuing resonse afterwards, they got Black Cat to make Spidey a cloth one, and got Spidey to wear it more.