Comics A new Spider-Man survey is up now!

Stuart Green

Civilian
Reaction score
11/24/2008

It's been nearly a year (*shudders*) and the Spider-Marriage is still gone from continuity. Well, in (dis)honor of the current status quo, I've started a survey in honor of the status quo and in regards to Spider-Man and Mary Jane's marriage. To vote, go here:

[PLEASE NOTE: The old link is gone and the results were lost. You can find the new link here:

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=m35fh69evc28u5l517059

If you've voted before, I'm afraid that you'll have to vote again in the link above. I'm sorry about that, but then again, I had no idea that so many people would vote.]

Please keep in mind you have until next Wednesday to vote. After that, I won't be able to see the results anymore. I'll announce the official results here next Thursday. Thanks for your time and, hopefully, your votes.

Thanks again,
Stuart Green

Last edited:
I put my answers down... and then it asked me if I wanted to pay money for something, which it didn't give me the option to say no, so I clicked X to get rid of it, so I have NO idea if my results were figured into the poll.... which I might add, was a "tad" biased...

:whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

Thanks for your time,

Mike :batty:

From someone who is on the fence about the current status, I agree the survey is pretty biased.

If you don't understand what TMOB and Venom1988 mean....here's a brief example.

1) Should the marriage of Spider-Man and Mary Jane be restored permanently into the continuity of "The Amazing Spider-Man" comic book series?
Yes, I hate that the marriage was retconned to begin with
Yes, but not permanently and then MJ should leave/divorce Peter after the timeline is restored to normal
No, I like the status quo just fine, thank you

Take a look Stewie,
The questions are all unbalanced. You have more answers that refer to the "fix" of the marriage than you do with a person actually liking the actual status of the book.

Your test results will come out with biased answers.

Some (including me and the writers of the actual stories) would also argue that the marriage was not even erased from continuity.

HOw can you argue it isn't gone from continuity when marvel says "IT NEVER HAPPENED"....??

Filled out the survey as well. I wouldn't say the questions are biased. But the author seems to really REALLY want Peter Parker and Mary Jane married again, heh.

In my opinion, the Spider-Man book is doing fantastic right now without the marriage. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And if they do get married again let it be within the confines of the Brand New Day universe now because I'm really liking it.

eh, surveys not directly done by the company mean about as much as lint hair to people. The only vote that counts is the dollar and that sweet steadily declining ASM numbers. The count down to ASM 666 continues.

I honestly don't think the "erasure" of the marriage is a problem to the people who are against the current direction... it's the mere fact that Peter made a deal with Mephisto.

So bringing back the marriage won't fix the damage... it's making it so the deal "never happened" that might heal some wounds...

Just my opinion here...

I honestly don't think the "erasure" of the marriage is a problem to the people who are against the current direction... it's the mere fact that Peter made a deal with Mephisto.

So bringing back the marriage won't fix the damage... it's making it so the deal "never happened" that might heal some wounds...

Just my opinion here...

No, you're exactely right. Personally I don't mind the marriage is gone, I mean I mind, I did like it and thought it worked but that alone wouldn't have me boycotting in the least. It's that:

A. Peter Parker made a deal with the devil
B. Peter Parker didn't have to pay for said deal, his life is pretty groovy all of a sudden
C. It was the big ending "shock" story for over two years worth of lead up "shock" stories which they knew they'd be erasing so let's just put him through the ringer enough where people will be begging for a retcon. It's insulting to your readership to do something like that.

The only "fixes" I can see for this are one of two ways. 1. Retcon the retcon and just move on like they've done in the past. 2. Peter Parker finds out what happened and during the revelations of this, aunt may dies (an appropriate price for his selfishness and stupidity) probably from shock.

^of those I prefer option 2.

I wish the Other selections had a box to write in cause other can be any thing

11/25/2008

I'm really sorry, but due to the overwhelming number of responses since last night, the survey has crashed and I cannot see the results anymore. A new link will be up later tonight for you guys to vote on. Please do NOT vote on that link anymore. I am SO SORRY for that. I apologize for any inconvenience and for what's happened. But I really didn't expect so many of you to respond so quickly.

In regards to the comments made by you guys, I understand if it comes across as overly supportive of the Spider-Marriage. If you have any write-in questions you'd like me to add to the survey to make it seem more fair to both sides of Spider-Man fans, I am all for it. Just leave your comments here on what you'd like to see asked as a question and at least a comment for each "yes" and "no" suggestion for the answers (ex: "yes, I do like the Brand New Day books" or "No, I do not like the Brand New Day books"). I will also have a write-in section for the Other categories.

Thanks for your attention,
Stuart Green

11/25/2008

I'm really sorry, but due to the overwhelming number of responses since last night, the survey has crashed and I cannot see the results anymore. A new link will be up later tonight for you guys to vote on. Please do NOT vote on that link anymore. I am SO SORRY for that. I apologize for any inconvenience and for what's happened. But I really didn't expect so many of you to respond so quickly.

In regards to the comments made by you guys, I understand if it comes across as overly supportive of the Spider-Marriage. If you have any write-in questions you'd like me to add to the survey to make it seem more fair to both sides of Spider-Man fans, I am all for it. Just leave your comments here on what you'd like to see asked as a question and at least a comment for each "yes" and "no" suggestion for the answers (ex: "yes, I do like the Brand New Day books" or "No, I do not like the Brand New Day books"). I will also have a write-in section for the Other categories.

Thanks for your attention,
Stuart Green

It's not the questions, it's the choices.

Just my opinion here...

Bingo.
and I really believe that if they were to remarry Pete and Mj in 600 than people would be scratching their heads as to why they broke them up in the first place. having them date would also raise questions.

HOw can you argue it isn't gone from continuity when marvel says "IT NEVER HAPPENED"....??

Because if nobody remembers it happening...it's the same as if it never happened.

If no one "remembers" it happening than it still happened.

Exactly. Which is why the stories from the last 20 years still all happened.

But if nobody today remembers the marriage, and if all records and memories of the marriage have been altered, then if you were to ask anyone if Pete and MJ ever got married, they'd say "it never happened" because NOTHING shows any evidence of this anymore.

11/25/2008

As I said in my edited post above, the old link is gone and the results were lost. Unfortunately, if you've already voted, you'll have to vote all over again. I'm really, REALLY sorry about that. I had no idea I'd get so many votes so quick.

To vote for the first time or re-vote, just go here:

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=m35fh69evc28u5l517059

As a result, some of the answers have been changed to either a simple "yes" or "no", some choices have been altered, and there is now a write-in line for the Other option for each question. I hope you don't mind the changes too much. As I said above, I'll let you know the results next week. Thanks for reading and have a good night, everyone.

Thanks again,
Stuart Green

Exactly. Which is why the stories from the last 20 years still all happened.

But if nobody today remembers the marriage, and if all records and memories of the marriage have been altered, then if you were to ask anyone if Pete and MJ ever got married, they'd say "it never happened" because NOTHING shows any evidence of this anymore.

Man....you don't even know whats going on. lol.

Because if nobody remembers it happening...it's the same as if it never happened.

that's great, I should use this excuse on my girl. "but baby, I don't remember it, so it didn't actually happen"

that's great, I should use this excuse on my girl. "but baby, I don't remember it, so it didn't actually happen"

But obviously SHE does, and someone else probably does, and there's probably evidence.

If she doesn't remember, and you don't remember, and nothing shows that you did whatever...nobody could call you on it.

But obviously SHE does, and someone else probably does, and there's probably evidence.

If she doesn't remember, and you don't remember, and nothing shows that you did whatever...nobody could call you on it.

So if there's no knowledge, events don't occur? Is that really what you believe, that if no one witnesses something it's a void of nothingness? That seems silly and egocentric.

Who says all evidence has been removed? I thought everything happened the same way? That's the position so far or are you agreeing a major retcon occurred but was then wiped out by your theory of nothingness stated above?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"