• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight On this thread movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so it is seen, I posted this in the Lounge in response to Mister J:

Very well, J. I respect you and I think you do a fine job moderating. I just warn you now: at some point, spoilers will probably find their way in here. I'm not saying it's going be me... but it will probably happen in some way from someone. I've read all the posts by you, Hunter and the gang... and I understand your stance. Still, I don't see why we couldn't just allow it in the Spoilers where it's always been. Little tidbits always make their way in here, simply because of the anything-goes spirit. Most of them are unintentional, but they happen.

I think I speak for most when I say we would like the Lounge in the Spoilers forum. I don't expect you to adhere to this. Just saying. Thank you for not taking action against any of us. Keep the request in mind, is all.

It's Sir but Hunter will do. :cwink: In the past community has served for ppl that want to talk about off topic stuff, a year or two back an X3 off topic thread was allowed and since then each major section was allowed a lounge, the purpose of which was to chat about off topic things not related to the movie in question by fans that didn't wish to venture into community.

The idea wasn't to prevent the amount of threads that are being made, the idea was to spread them out and ease the clutter in spoilers, the lounge was one that got moved b/c it is not meant to contain spoilers.

Well Hunter :cwink:, I know that it's usually ment to be off topic and such, but ya know, there's always gonna be the people who are gonna spread spoilers down to pretty much every single thread in the entire SHH forum. My main point is that, sure members are gonna talk about off topic stuff and you need to spread up the clusters of spoilers in all. But what I'm trying to say that it's the Super Hero Hype, what else are we gonna be talkin' about? :huh: :yay: :hyper:

It does follow, the topics stay on page one of two separate sections, thus they get more activity and less are lost in the shuffle now that you all know where to go.
Moving them to a section nobody visit does not seem to make them more accessible than having them on the second page of the section everybody visits. I understand that you think this will increase activity here, but the more likely scenario is that these threads will simply die, and the corresponding discussions will find their way into threads in the spoiler section. This is one of the "enforceability" problems I keep mentioning.

Moving them to a section nobody visit does not seem to make them more accessible than having them on the second page of the section everybody visits. I understand that you think this will increase activity here, but the more likely scenario is that these threads will simply die, and the corresponding discussions will find their way into threads in the spoiler section. This is one of the "enforceability" problems I keep mentioning.

We'll see.

Well Hunter :cwink:, I know that it's usually ment to be off topic and such, but ya know, there's always gonna be the people who are gonna spread spoilers down to pretty much every single thread in the entire SHH forum. My main point is that, sure members are gonna talk about off topic stuff and you need to spread up the clusters of spoilers in all. But what I'm trying to say that it's the Super Hero Hype, what else are we gonna be talkin' about? :huh: :yay: :hyper:

All the chicks that you guys are scoring ? :D Comic books are hot right now. :cwink: and J addressed the issue of spoilers in the lounge from this point.

It's true. No matter what you put in here, people are gonna go where the action is. They want what everyone else outside of the Hype doesn't have: the dirt. I've always seen Non-Spoilers as the minority - and that's fine. Not EVERYONE wants to be spoiled. But the Spoilers is where everyone goes.

And when a new trailer debuts or pictures leak or whatever - those threads get EXTREMELY cluttered. The pages move too fast. You're on a new one every minute. So where do we pick up the slack at? Where do we bring the conversation where the n00bs and lurkers won't go? THE LOUNGE. Spoilers. Are. Inevitable. I can't stress this enough. Same goes for threads like manips. Trailer #3 was moved back already: good move.

I'd like to make one request, that in the future we are given a bit of warning about such a dramatic move, maybe just like a sticky or something, explaining the reasoning for it a day or two before hand.

All the chicks that you guys are scoring ? :D Comic books are hot right now. :cwink: and J addressed the issue of spoilers in the lounge from this point.

And that's about it; we'll there's sex and other garbage too, but that all falls in line with those two somewhere. LOL But yeah, you understand what I'm sayin', right? :yay:

It's unfortunate that you are not open to discussion on this.

A return to normalcy would be even better. We could avoid all of this drama. It's a very simple request, really.

It's not an issue that's why, use the 2 sections, spread the threads, it's being blown out of all proportion and it isn't the only thing we have to deal with on an entire board. I discuss things with posters all the time but ive explained the position we have on this and there really is nothing more to say.

I didn't fathom the move creating as much confusion in locating threads as it has seemed to. A copy of the Batcave thread, linking to a number of the more popular threads, was placed here last night, but we'll look into getting a more formal/obvious notice up.
2 pages in Spoilers is pathetic

Can someone clue me in on this? I've seen it referenced a handful of times and took it to be hyperbole. Not even 4 full pages of threads were moved last night and some of them are being moved back as I'm reviewing. Exactly how many pages are some of you seeing in the spoiler section?

I didn't fathom the move creating as much confusion in locating threads as it has seemed to. A copy of the Batcave thread, linking to a number of the more popular threads, was placed here last night, but we'll look into getting a more formal/obvious notice up.

Can someone clue me in on this? I've seen it referenced a handful of times and took it to be hyperbole. Not even 4 full pages of threads were moved last night and some of them are being moved back as I'm reviewing. Exactly how many pages are some of you seeing in the spoiler section?
Were only getting 2 pages buddy

It's not an issue
It seems to be an issue to everyone here. I can't speak for their reasons, but I've explained my own issues clearly, despite your insistence that these issues are "not an issue."
I discuss things with posters all the time but ive explained the position we have on this and there really is nothing more to say.
Yes:

It seems to be an issue to everyone here. I can't speak for their reasons, but I've explained my own issues clearly, despite your insistence that these issues are "not an issue."

Yes:

What do you want me to do, go over and over it like one of those long tiresome debates you have in the Suit thread until we do it your way ? you can say i don't want to discuss it but I gave you answers and you just don't like them.

Were only getting 2 pages buddy

Same here

indeed, only two pages
Some people are getting the full number of viewable threads in both sections. I'm guessing your viewing options are setup differently. If you could, from your User Control Panel, selecting --> Edit Options --> Thread Display Options --> Default Thread Age Cut Off, should allow you to see more threads. Mine is set to 'show all threads'; about 50 pages and 20 pages in the respective forums. Does that tend to the matter?

perhaps this thread should be closed, the mods have had their say and I doubt anyone is going to change their minds. The moving of the threads isn't that big of a deal, we'll just have to get used to not using spoilers, not really a big issue for me.

perhaps this thread should be closed, the mods have had their say and I doubt anyone is going to change their minds. The moving of the threads isn't that big of a deal, we'll just have to get used to not using spoilers, not really a big issue for me.

Good point, the thread has run it's course and ive reset the spoilers section to include more pages so lets move on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"