The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises Critic Review Thread

Keyser Soze

AW YEEEAH!
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I see that the first press screenings of The Dark Knight Rises are being held, and a review thread has opened up on the spoiler board. However, I see it is mixed in with general advance audience reaction, and I get a sense such a thread could be a minefield for massive spoilers, I got too much spoiled for me in the final run-in to The Dark Knight, it won't happen again: I think it'd be best to just avoid the spoiler board until I see the movie.

I thought I would make a non-spoiler thread where people can post up critics' reviews of the film and discuss those reviews, and get a sense of the buzz around the movie, without fear of catching any major spoilers in the process.

So, see a review?ost it here!

Kudos! The spoiler board is getting more and more dangerous every day lol. Any reviews, let's see them!

Yes please! I've been perusing around that Review post in the Spoilers thread trying to just catch review links and avoid spoilers, haha

THANK YOU! I'm wanting to check out the reviews just as much but I've noticed it's been getting way too dangerous over there in the other thread. haha.

So is anyone else getting chills with the fact this movie got a standing ovation? I felt so proud of being a fan of this series after hearing that.

With The Dark Knight review thread on the spoiler board back in 2008, the thread-creator kept his original post dated with quick links to any new reviews posted, so people didn't have to wade through spoilers discussion to find the good stuff. that doesn't seem to be getting done this time, however.

so i'm switching from the spoilers board to here now ... I mean like so see everything when productions is going on.. but thats too much specific stuff now... its a freaking minefield :)

so i'm switching from the spoilers board to here now ... I mean like so see everything when productions is going on.. but thats too much specific stuff now... its a freaking minefield :)

I've had the last two films spoiled for me, don't want it happening again....

BATMAN BEGINS: I was on the X-Men board, and out of the blue someone posted saying OMG LIAM NEESON IS ACTUALLY RAS AL GHUL LOLZ!

THE DARK KNIGHT: I was reading about Christian Bale's arrest in London in the community board, and someone says, "It was actually Aaron Eclhart, but Bale's taking the blame."

BATMAN BEGINS: I was on the X-Men board, and out of the blue someone posted saying OMG LIAM NEESON IS ACTUALLY RAS AL GHUL LOLZ!

THE DARK KNIGHT: I was reading about Christian Bale's arrest in London in the community board, and someone says, "It was actually Aaron Eclhart, but Bale's taking the blame."

oh dear.. those basterds... :/

I just read that there is an embargo on all reviews until July 19th. So there may not be any activity in this thread for a while. :(

I just read that there is an embargo on all reviews until July 19th. So there may not be any activity in this thread for a while. :(

That's weird. If the movie is good they should get the word out. Good reviews helpes to create buzz.

embargo is lifted on the 17th, Next Tuesday! maybe 16th. Chances are someone will break it and some reviews will hit later this week. there is a slight chance, especially since this movie seems to be getting rave reactions. lots of positive buzz right now. WB doesnt want the movie spoiled (by a review) cuz some reviewers will go into detail about the movie.

One reviewer said it was(for him)the best ending since The Shawshank Redemption. Another called it a brilliant brilliant film and compared it favorably with The Godfather II.

One reviewer said it was(for him)the best ending since The Shawshank Redemption. Another called it a brilliant brilliant film and compared it favorably with The Godfather II.

Ahh finally, some word about the film. Thank you!

Wow. That's really saying a lot about the ending. I keep racking my brain as to how it's all gonna end up. I'm so scared to read any articles about TDKR for fear someone's gonna drop a huge spoiler somewhere. I must show restraint for a few more days, but it's so hard! :doh:

The non spoiler forum is my new home now. There's no way I'm going to let the ending get spoiled for me if it's as good as reports are saying.

It's the ending that we come away thinking about when we leave the cinema (just look at all the post Inception talk), so this is really exciting!

The non spoiler forum is my new home now. There's no way I'm going to let the ending get spoiled for me if it's as good as reports are saying.

It's the ending that we come away thinking about when we leave the cinema (just look at all the post Inception talk), so this is really exciting!

Agreed! :yay:

Seconded.

Hehe yes I can't believe we are less than a week away and I'm still spoiler free (minus whatever was in the official trailers). Time to go off the grid.

So IGN reviewed the movie. Gave it a 9 out of 10. I skimmed through as to avoid any possible spoilers and the only negative I got from the movie is it didn't have Heath and wasn't DARK KNIGHT. Considering the insane positive reaction the movie has gotten I would take IGNs review with a grain of salt. They gave MW3 a 10... so... yeah.

Reviews are now up at RottenTomatoes.com. A word of caution though, don't even dare to check the comments section for any of the reviews. An idiot posted what seems to be a potential spoiler, and it's hard to miss if you accidentally clicked for comments. Right now, the movie is at 100% Fresh, as expected.

I would recommend the review written by Drew McWeeny.

Last edited:
Reviews are now up at RottenTomatoes.com. A word of caution though, don't even dare to check the comments section for any of the reviews. An idiot posted what seems to be a potential spoiler, and it's hard to miss if you accidentally clicked for comments. Right now, the movie is at 100% Fresh, as expected.

I would recommend the review written by Todd McCarthy and Drew McWeeny.

Thanks for the heads up! Is the McCarthy Variety review spoiler free?

Thanks for the heads up! Is the McCarthy Variety review spoiler free?
McCarthy reviews for THR. I basically just skimmed through it and read parts about technical stuff and the last few paragraphs. Another article said that it's got spoilers all throughout so DO NOT DARE READ that one.

I haven't watched those movies. You ruined it all for me.[BLACKOUT]j/k[/BLACKOUT]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"