One Hit Wonders

Jennifer Walters

Attorney at Law
Reaction score
Hmm. So I was just wondering what everyone's favorite one hit wonder song is? I got into a fit and started downloading some left and right tonight.

"2 blondes and a redhead" by the cherry picker gang

Is Tom's Diner a one hit wonder?

Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music White Boy
Marcy Playground - Sex & Candy

Cherry Poppin' Daddies - Zoot Suit Riot

and

Suirrel Nut Zippers - Hell

Those are the great one-hit wonders of the 90s. Seems like that whole genre was a series of one-hit wonders.

You know Cyclops that is so true. There was a plethora of One Hit Wonders in the 90's.

It's not my favorite one hit wonder (dunno what is), but I always liked "A Girl Like You" by Edwyn Collins.

November Rain said:
hurricane, if you hated it, why did you put it down?
Good question. Didnt read the first post, just assumed it was just naming one hit wonders.

Hmmm but one that I liked was Four to the Floor by starsailor remix. Not sure how it did in other countries

that's the thing, a one hit wonder in one country may not be clear cut in another one...

Like the Venga boys - Boom Boom Boom boom i believe was a one hit wonder in the United States, however in the United Kindom and probably around europe they release i believe at least six singles in total.

Nada Surf - "Popular". That song was so cool. :p

Here's a few I like:

Mambo # 5 - Lou Bega
Blue (Da Ba Dee) - Eifel 65 (more for the video than for the song)
Bitter Sweet Symphony - The Verve
Are You Jimmy Ray? - Jimmy Ray
Closing Time - Semisonic
How Bizarre - OMC
What is Love - Haddaway
Walkin' in Memphis - Mark Cohn

redmarvel said:
Mambo # 5 - Lou Bega
Bitter Sweet Symphony - The Verve
Closing Time - Semisonic
How Bizarre - OMC

Mambo #5 is crap. Bittersweet Symphony kicks ass. Clsing Time and How Bizzare aren't great but aren't horrible either and I get a nice nostalgic feeling thinking about them. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned The Macarena yet. I guess it annoyed too many people after awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"