Optimus Prime's speeches.

Discussion in 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' started by protocida, Jul 10, 2009.

1. protocida Registered

If there's something Optimus Prime likes more than faces, it's speeches. Like...

What's your opinion on Prime's speeches?

2. The Black Goo I hate you...so much...

Optimus Prime's messages remind me of those email msgs one of my buddies used to wake up and send every morning. But I like them, they even out in the movies with his one-liners. Monologues are awesome, it takes a lot of work to say them and not drone out and sound boring.

3. Episode29 Hooper Drives The Boat!

I thought this one was really lazily written. It's like the type of conclusion one would put on the end of an essay after a bleary, all-night writing session.

4. Mr. Earle Registered

They wanted a speech to end the movie but nothing really important happened and Prime was dead most of the time. What was he gonna say? "I got the Fallen's face and it was epic?"
    It was a very basic speech, one that probably wasnt really necessary, but i like how it reminded of the one in the first film.

5. Mr. Earle Registered

I think that Prime's quotes take the cake. His speeches are there mostly for exposition, so for me the best part is when Prime shares his wisdom like "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings", "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing", "were we so different? they're a young species, they have much to learn, but i've seen goodness in them", etc.
    I want more damn it!

#5 Mr. Earle, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  6. Ipodman Love Tension

The ending speeches go well with Linkin park songs... i rmb when i watched the first Transformers in the theater and it was the final speech.. i got goosebumps!

7. The Black Goo I hate you...so much...

I still get goosebumps from the end speech in TF1

8. RonStoppablefan Harry Potter fan

I like his speeches, I think they fit the films. Wonder if hey'll have one in the third.

9. dodgers2213 Registered

ya, that is what the movie franchise should have been about to begin with our transformers holding up the majority of the movie

Unfortunately, those quotes are like...half of Primes total dialogue and they come from nearly all his appearences :(

10. protocida Registered

Prime's got several lines in Transformers. Not so much in RotF, because he was kinda dead...

11. macdawson Registered

Anything Prime (Cullen) says is gold. Even the iconic "Sorry, my bad". He's the type of character that you just love to ear. Anyone here saw the "Top 10 List of Things That Sound Cool When Said by a Giant Robot" on Letterman? Even that sounded cool with Cullen's voice. ROFL. But the ending monologue in RoTF was a bit weak, i expected it to be more... i don't know, the whole ending seemed a bit rushed, even if it was awesome. Maybe this time we get a Director's Cut DVD with less balls and more character (robots)development.

12. Nathan Registered

There was an ending monologue in ROTF? I have only seen it once and just recall being really disappointed by the weak ass ending.

13. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

I love Prime's speeches, and his lines, he has had the best lines in the franchise so far for me, just love hearing his voice to be honest, Cullen is awesome.

14. The Black Goo I hate you...so much...

Yea, I guess I wouldn't call the end of TF2 a monologue...it was really short and it did seem rushed

15. Ipodman Love Tension

Hes probably the only G1 voice in TF1, so Bay must have been banking on tat to sell the movies to G1 fans...

16. lou2099 soulless zombie

His speeches were the best writing of the entire movie.

17. Chris B Registered

While I thought his opening and closing narrations were a little better in TF1, they were among the highlights of both films. And I hope the tradition of having them continue in TF3.

18. Mr. Earle Registered

The speech at the end of ROTF served no purpose and i found it cheesy. But its ok i guess, it still had me in goosebumps when the movie ended.

BTW, when prime says "our races united" he sounds a lot like Liam Neeson.

19. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

Was that Prime narrating the battle of the Primes at the very beginning of the movie? I saw this again yesterday, and for some reason it didn't sound like him.

As far as the ending speech..it was no where as good as TF1; in fact it felt rushed and just thrown in there for the hell of it.

20. moreprimeland NOT a riddle, Starscream!

I agree with others that anything Peter Cullen/Prime says gives me goosebumps, and can make feel glad,sad,excited, etc. :heart:(yep, so I'm a girl)The tone /timbre of his voice is most excellent! What a great voice actor!! He is the one and only Optimus Prime.:trans:
    I think his speeches from TF1 were much better than TF2, and the ending was so rushed, like we're out time, so hurry Prime, that was lame.:down Plus during most of the movie when he wasn't in stasis, he sounded sad and tired. Maybe it was intentional as he would and should be tired of the Bot/Con wars.
    We can only hope the DVD's will have some extended scenes, etc.

#20 moreprimeland, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  21. shopaholic10 Registered

I hope so.Can't wait for the next Transformers movie!I really like the character of Optimus prime!

22. <(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

Love Peter Cullen & Optimus Prime's speeches but his final ending speech in
    TROTF was a bit on the weak side this time around. They tried to make it meaningful but who was he sending the message to if all the autobots were already on earth? Are the things Optimus Prime is saying being documented or dictated by another autobot, or was he just talking to himself this time around?

23. Jake Cassidy Registered

Cullen/Prime can say "I like puppies" and it'd be total badass.

24. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

25. Megan<3Bumbl-b Registered

i agree completely,they could have given a minute monologue that was WaYY BETTER THAN THAT