• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Order your Favorite film from aliens franchise

LTuser

Civilian
Reaction score
For me it would be
Aliens
Alien
Alien 3
Prometheus
Alien 4
Alien; covenant.

IF i had to include the 2 AvP's i would put the first between alien and alien 3, while the 2nd would go between prometheus and alien 4.

Aliens 10/10
Alien 10/10
Alien 3 6/10
Prometheus 4/10
Alien: Resurrection 1/10

The Xenomorphs have gotten into the streaming movie business? Cool.

Times are tough man, Even alien monsters are getting it bad.

As for the order of my preference:

ALIEN
ALIENS
Covenant
Prometheus
ALIEN 3
Resurrection

I don't count AVP/AVP 2 in the same cannon.

Alien
Aliens
Prometheus
Alien 3 Assembly Cut
Alien Covenant
Alien 3 Theatrical Cut
Alien Resurrection

Aliens
Alien
Prometheus
Alien 4
Alien 3
Alien Covenant (distant last)

Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Prometheus
AvP 2
AvP
Alien Resurrection

Haven't seen Alien Covenant.

Last edited:
Alien
Aliens
Alien: Covenant
Prometheus
Alien 3
Alien v Predator
Alien: Resurrection
Alien v Predator: Requiem

Last edited:
Aliens
Alien 3: Assembly Cut (I did not watch the theatrical version)
Alien (I love the Ellen Ripley trilogy)
Alien vs Predator (an alright movie with some really neat ideas)
Alien Resurrection (bad, with moments I like. Too bad Christie dies, he's the best character in the movie)

Alien Covenant (boring and forgettable)

Prometheus (I really hate this movie)

Alien
Aliens
Alien 3

The rest are ****.

1. Aliens
2. Alien
3. Alien: Resurrection
4. Prometheus
5. Alien: Covenant
6. Alien 3

H/M to the first Alien vs Predator, which I like but don't count as canon (the second one is utter garbage).

Alien
Aliens
Prometheus
Alien 3

What's the difference between those 2 versions??
Assembly cut is 20 minutes or so longer, and it sounds like it includes some good stuff the theatrical release needed to improve.

The 'Assembly' cut or the Director's Cut is infinitely better than the cinematic version on Alien 3, would recommend people seek it out if not seen, it it a very different beast with the inserted footage. I can see why Fincher was so hacked off by the way it was so badly cut and edited for it's cinema release.

Yeah Fincher refuses to touch that film, but years ago an editor or someone put together the Assembly cut which is as close as we can get to the version Fincher was trying to make. The DVD releasee with the Assembly cut is in pretty bad shape. The footage isn't cleaned up so keep that in mind if you choose to watch the DVD version. But the bluray release of Alien 3 has a restored and cleaned up version of the Assembly Cut and looks really good.

Aliens. (My personal favorite film of all-time.)
Alien
Prometheus
Alien 3

Alien 3 will always place last for me for:

Completely destroying the ending of Aliens with the death of Hicks, Ripley, Newt and Bishop.

I can respect the film for doing that. This isn't a series of happiness. Its one misery after another. The "fairy tale" ending of Aliens would have been fine if that had been the end of Ripley's story, but because they were making more Ripley movies I think Newt and Hicks had to die. Killing them essentially off screen in such an unceremonious way was a dick move but it was also a gut punch to the audience and Ripley and in an Alien film I think that's ok.

I can respect the film for doing that. This isn't a series of happiness. Its one misery after another. The "fairy tale" ending of Aliens would have been fine if that had been the end of Ripley's story, but because they were making more Ripley movies I think Newt and Hicks had to die. Killing them essentially off screen in such an unceremonious way was a dick move but it was also a gut punch to the audience and Ripley and in an Alien film I think that's ok.

Cameron managed to respect the first film by not killing off
the only two survivors in Alien in his sequel so I don't see why Fincher couldn't have found a way to do the same.

AND a lot of people i known over the years REALLY GOT peeved that they killed Ripley in the end..

Aliens
Alien
Alien 3

The rest are rubbish I don't care for at all.

Man...it is tough between Alien and Aliens. They're classics for different reasons and both solidly in my top 20 favorite films. I can't choose :csad:

Cameron managed to respect the first film by not killing off
the only two survivors in Alien in his sequel so I don't see why Fincher couldn't have found a way to do the same.

Because he had no choice. The studio was puppet mastering him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"