The Defenders Other Heroes

queendarkness12

The Queenmaker
Reaction score
Since Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones have been confirmed, I wonder what other heroes Marvel may introduce in this series.

Who else would you like to see in the Defenders? :halo:

I don't think any other heroes are going to be introduced. Its a teamup show for the leads, no need to dilute it.

I could see the following heroes introduced on this show,but not be members.

The Punisher
Shang Chi
Misty Knight

and I feel Dr. Strange may cameo on last episode

Hellcat

I'd love Nighthawk, they already have one billionaire on the team (Iron Fist).

I would very much like to have Misty Knight as a supporting character for one of the shows (Iron Fist?), then appear in the Defenders. I doubt it would happen, but a flashback or at least a mention of her saving Stark sometime in the past, and getting her cybernetic arm, would just be awesome.

G'day,

Well Patsy (know called Trish) Walker has been confirmed, but I'm not sure if she will be Hellcat. How will they do an origin story for here? Will they giver her powers? Her comic book story is tied to a old suit and her relationship with Damion Hellstrom. I suppose they can give her a completely different origin but it would be a distraction rom the main plot.

Ralph

Hellcat

I'd love Nighthawk, they already have one billionaire on the team (Iron Fist).

I want this to do for The Punisher what "The Avengers" did for The Hulk.

While it's surprising that the Hulk is a team player, he actually has been. Has the Punisher ever been a team player?

He was sorta involved with the Marvel Knights but everyone else hated him.

As for who I'd suggest:

Shang-Chi
1814326-smikfu001_cvr.jpg

Misty Knight and Colleen Wing
4bc60ed7ac876.jpg

White Tiger
Ava_Ayala_(Earth-616)_from_Mighty_Avengers_Vol_2_6_001.jpg

Echo
3563930-echo.jpg

I'm guessing that we'll see Defenders in 2018. Here is who will probably show up by then.

Introduced in the first three seasons of Daredevil - Elektra (Season 2, revived in season 3), Echo (possibly in season 3)

Introduced in the first three seasons of Jessica Jones - Hellcat (confirmed for Season 1)

Introduced in the first two seasons of Iron Fist - Misty Knight (Season 1), Coleen Wing (Season 1), Shang Chi (Season 2)

Introduced in the first season of Luke Cage - White Tiger (Hector, dies and his daughter Ava dons the costume at the end of the season)

Introduced in films - Doctor Strange, Spider-Man

So that's around nine potential characters who aren't Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage or Iron Fist, which brings the number up to 13.

Defenders shouldn't get a new season every year, it should be some sort of event series where it's a big deal when you get another six episodes.

And after Defenders, I'd be up for Elektra getting her own spin-off show and Moon Knight, Punisher and She-Hulk all getting series of their own. Punisher wouldn't join the Defenders but he'd still get his crossovers as an antagonist. Elektra and Moon Knight are anti-heroes. Punisher is simply a villain who hunts down other villains for sport and I don't feel like the various NYC-based heroes would allow him on the team. Elektra gets her own series first in late 2018 or early 2019, Moon Knight should be next in 2019, Punisher comes after that in 2020 and then finally She-Hulk in 2021. My reasoning is that there won't be a Hulk sequel until 2020 or 2021 to introduce She-Hulk and Elektra is already an established character so she should be the first out the gate of the second wave of shows. Moon Knight and Punisher's date would be interchangeable but I feel like Moon Knight should be first since he's based around NYC where all the other heroes are while Punisher drives across the country in his Battle Van.

Last edited:
So I just realized Namor was a part of the Defenders. You what else? Marvel has the rights back to Namor...you know what else? The Defenders are appearing on Netflix? You know what else? Attuma is an enemy of Namor. You know what else? Attuma has an army. Okay let's skip the obvious stuff and cut too the chase.

I imagine Namor battling Attuma and his men will be part of the reason The Defenders assemble. Afterwards Namor teams up with the Defenders to stop Attuma and his army ushering in a new age for the Defenders. I the next episodes can consist of them fighting.
-Red Hulk
-Modok
and maybe Nightmare to tie in Doctor Strange,

As for White Tiger..I swear to everything I know and love I'm not racist. But I don't think society will react well if they introduce her(and or him depending on which incarnation they use) and Black Panther. Just a thought. Hope it didn't come out sounding idiotic.

So I just realized Namor was a part of the Defenders. You what else? Marvel has the rights back to Namor...you know what else? The Defenders are appearing on Netflix? You know what else? Attuma is an enemy of Namor. You know what else? Attuma has an army. Okay let's skip the obvious stuff and cut too the chase.

I imagine Namor battling Attuma and his men will be part of the reason The Defenders assemble. Afterwards Namor teams up with the Defenders to stop Attuma and his army ushering in a new age for the Defenders. I the next episodes can consist of them fighting.
-Red Hulk
-Modok

As for White Tiger..I swear to everything I know and love I'm not racist. But I don't think society will react well if they introduce her(and or him depending on which incarnation they use) and Black Panther. Just a thought. Hope it didn't come out sounding idiotic.

1. While the budget is very high for a show like this, it's not unlimited. There's no way they'll do Namor, Red Hulk and MODOK on Netflix.

2. I believe Namor's rights are a bit more complicated than that and there's still some ways in which Universal would be involved.

3. The MCU Defenders are not at all the same as the comicbook Defenders, it won't have Hulk or Doctor Strange (and definitely not Silver Surfer). Probably not Valkyrie, Nighthawk or Hellstrom either.

4. I have no idea what makes you say that about White Tiger and Black Panther. (Plus starting something with I swear I'm not racist is never a good sign)

Last edited:
Agreed, probably should've kept that last thing to myself.

Namor seems like he's easy to do on a TV budget as he doesn't have that many complex powers or an overly complicated character design. Just look at what Smallville did, Doomsday, Darkseid, Braniac, Bizarro, Aquaman, Cyborg, all on a small TV budget. Or what they're doing on The Flash, with Gorilla Grodd and all the Metahumans. Namor shouldn't be too difficult.

Red Hulk is not happening I'll admit that, wayyy too far on that. Not even sure, what made me think that was a good idea. MODOK also seems rather simple though, I mean it's not like there's any other movie he could appear in at the moment.

Not saying Doctor Strange will appear in the Defenders just one of his enemies. Nightmare seems like the most realistic one. Just have a couple of scenes with Dream sequences and a simple "Overcome your fears" plot for the episode ending. They don't even have to fully show Nightmare maybe just his face.

I can definitely see Punisher in the Defenders, I picture him as being the guy who knows the most of what's going on. As in he's investigating the lead threat (whatever it is), while the rest of the heroes stumble into it through separate ways, and they're all force to work together when the threat turns out bigger than they imagined. I think Punisher's role being similar to Hulk in the Avengers is spot on. I can picture him being the one the other characters fight with before teaming up

My prediction is that after The Defenders Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones stay together for a Heroes for Hire show, while Daredevil stays on his own, and Punisher get his own series (depending on how well received his Defenders appearance is)

If the Hood is the main villain (or someone supernatural like him) I can picture Ghost Rider showing up. But I wouldn't bet on any MCU movie characters making an appearance, I'll think they'll keep the movies and shows relatively separate.

This could be a great platform into testing the waters with The Punisher in the MCU, if the audience reception is very positive, then he could get his own Netflix show.

I too could see The Punisher. Marvel should have there own Netflix Genre if they're going too do all these spin-offs though. XD

I'm guessing that we'll see Defenders in 2018. Here is who will probably show up by then.

Introduced in the first three seasons of Daredevil - Elektra (Season 2, revived in season 3), Echo (possibly in season 3)

Introduced in the first three seasons of Jessica Jones - Hellcat (confirmed for Season 1)

Introduced in the first two seasons of Iron Fist - Misty Knight (Season 1), Coleen Wing (Season 1), Shang Chi (Season 2)

Introduced in the first season of Luke Cage - White Tiger (Hector, dies and his daughter Ava dons the costume at the end of the season)

Introduced in films - Doctor Strange, Spider-Man

So that's around nine potential characters who aren't Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage or Iron Fist, which brings the number up to 13.

Defenders shouldn't get a new season every year, it should be some sort of event series where it's a big deal when you get another six episodes.

And after Defenders, I'd be up for Elektra getting her own spin-off show and Moon Knight, Punisher and She-Hulk all getting series of their own. Punisher wouldn't join the Defenders but he'd still get his crossovers as an antagonist. Elektra and Moon Knight are anti-heroes. Punisher is simply a villain who hunts down other villains for sport and I don't feel like the various NYC-based heroes would allow him on the team. Elektra gets her own series first in late 2018 or early 2019, Moon Knight should be next in 2019, Punisher comes after that in 2020 and then finally She-Hulk in 2021. My reasoning is that there won't be a Hulk sequel until 2020 or 2021 to introduce She-Hulk and Elektra is already an established character so she should be the first out the gate of the second wave of shows. Moon Knight and Punisher's date would be interchangeable but I feel like Moon Knight should be first since he's based around NYC where all the other heroes are while Punisher drives across the country in his Battle Van.

You do know that The Defenders show is going to air after the first seasons of Daredevil, AKA Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage, right? We won't be getting second seasons off of any of those until after The Defenders.

I just realized Marvel also got Blade back, he could show up at some point. I doubt they'll give him his own series because he already had a show on Spike that didn't do too well. I'd love to see a vampire break their fangs by trying to bite Luke Cage.

That'd be awesome. I imagine Punisher could be a guest star but his character is much to serious to join the Defenders team. Same goes for Blade. We could also see Manthing and Werewolf by Night. Everybody loves Werewolves.

-Red Hulk
-Modok

It's Defenders in name only. This is now a street level team. They DEFEND the streets of New York. This is it's own separate entity, not an Avengers b-team like the comics.

That doesn't mean there still won't be large threats.

That doesn't mean there still won't be large threats.

Large street level threats. I can bet for a fact Namor, Attuma or whoever will not debut on Netflix with these guys. Read any of the interviews when this deal was announced. Marvel has been emphasizing the grounded, gritty street level world of these characters. Namor and the others doesn't fit that. Namor will probably show up in a movie, not in this.

Well then, know any large street level villains

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"