• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

oval batman logo

See. that's the problem I think, Batman isn't some ninja who sneaks around and kills people and no one see him at all. He's all about intimidation and fear. He'll have people see him if he wants them to.

If he really wanted to hide in the shadows all the time, he'd wear a black (or better, really dark grey) body suit and have no cape, logo, or even exposed face. His suit as is is just concealable enough that he can actively hide in the dark.

I also like the oval,but i can also understand why its not used in the films now.

Even tho I love BB's logo but you can't beat Batman 89's logo.

batman_1989_1.jpg

Thank you Anton!

I'll always have an affinity for the Oval Bat Symbol.

During the time I grew up reading comics, Batman always had the Oval. And the Oval-Less batsuit was more or less regulated to LOTDK. In recent years, it's been flipped the other way around, but yeah... I'm very cool with the Oval. And yes, it was a great advertisement for the 1989 flick. There didnt need to be a title in bold proclaiming Batman was on the way, that Oval said it all. :up:

One good thing that franchise did, and maintained, was the variation on the logo. The B89 one above, the snowy Returns one, the Forever question mark one and the B&R one with the Robin over the top. The unused fifth one looked cool too.

unused 5th one????

Yes I was. Although I think that design would suit a Batfilm with Ra's Al Ghul and not the Scarecrow... it looks Eastern to an extent.

Wasn´t the movie going to be with Ra's and Scarecrow either way? anyways, I agree, even though it´s more of a Ra's-symbol than a scarecrow-symbol it would go in line with the Forever-symbol being about riddler and not Two-Face at all... If I were going to make a symbol based on Scarecrow, I would probably make a rotting or burlap-draped version of the old symbol...hmm..

thanks for posting that. bizarre. very ras. but elements of crane are there.

like any good logo its a great piece of iconic design that sticks in your memory...i think theres room for the 89 logo and the begins logo

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"