• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

oval batman logo

One good thing that franchise did, and maintained, was the variation on the logo. The B89 one above, the snowy Returns one, the Forever question mark one and the B&R one with the Robin over the top. The unused fifth one looked cool too.

I did really like the question mark bat-symbol!

They were all good. I even liked the B&R one when I was younger. I think it's a straight tie between the snowy logo (there's just something about how stark and unforgiving it is) and the gold logo (almost larger than life in its simplicity and boldness. This is BATMAN.).

I prefer it as well. Which is why the Batman Returns suit is so awesome because it's the only suit in the films to use the late 80's Jim Aparo yellow oval.
Don't you mean Neal Adam's Logo? Or better yet Julius Schwartz's logo since he is the one credited for putting the yellow oval on the bat to mark his editorial begining on Batman.
No matter what symbol anyone prefers on his costume, if you're a Batman fan you wear that logo proudly because everyone knows it's Batman! Personaly I prefer the plain large black bat on his suit as oposed the "target" bat oval. But I wear my yellow oval bat shirts proudly. I sport my yellow oval keychain and rear window yellow oval car sticker with much pride! I'm a Batman fan and I ain't afraid to sport a yellow oval to prove it. But Bats wearing a plain black bat just makes more sense to me.

Don't you mean Neal Adam's Logo? Or better yet Julius Schwartz's logo since he is the one credited for putting the yellow oval on the bat to mark his editorial begining on Batman.
No matter what symbol anyone prefers on his costume, if you're a Batman fan you wear that logo proudly because everyone knows it's Batman! Personaly I prefer the plain large black bat on his suit as oposed the "target" bat oval. But I wear my yellow oval bat shirts proudly. I sport my yellow oval keychain and rear window yellow oval car sticker with much pride! I'm a Batman fan and I ain't afraid to sport a yellow oval to prove it. But Bats wearing a plain black bat just makes more sense to me.

I think Carmine Infantino is actually the one who is responsible for the yellow oval.

I have always liked it.
003_3.jpg

I have always liked it.
003_3.jpg

Is this an official TDK picture? :p

seriously though, there were mentions of an unused fifth logo for the "old" series, which one is that? I don't believe I've seen it.

I know who the creator of the oval is, I meant it looked most like the way Jim Aparo drew the bat in the center of the oval, especially in "A Death in the Family".

I prefer the black but I understand the yellow.that it's his trademark and I've understand to tolerate it because In the dark knight returns he says It's just a bullseye for criminals to aim there and not at his face

b89wallpaper5zk.jpg

Batman_Returns_Logo2%257E0.jpg

Both set the tone and feel of the film in a very stark, simple way--I wish the second had been pre-Cobblepot sequence, as in the first movie, but whatever. The shape of it is just much more pleasing to my eyes than the current batlogo--especially the one used in marketing the new franchise. The one on the actual suit isn't bad, but the "rusty bronze" logo doesn't really create any sort of visual atmosphere the way this one

i'm a fan of the oval, as well... the first time i ever saw it, it made a lasting impression... i remember being kinda concerned when i heard Batman was gonna wear a black suit in the '89 movie (until then, my only real exposure had been the 60s TV show), but i don't know how to explain it except that i just knew the movie was gonna be cool as soon as i saw that logo... there was never any doubt in my mind after that point, and i still love that movie! :)

The oval is the best, it's been around for years, and it is unique, it's all Batman's own, and it doesn't look like some generic halloween decoration on his chest like the plain one, there was no reason to get rid of the yellow and they need to bring it back.

The oval is the best, it's been around for years, and it is unique, it's all Batman's own, and it doesn't look like some generic halloween decoration on his chest like the plain one, there was no reason to get rid of the yellow and they need to bring it back.
Don't get me wrong it's cool. But the plain black bat just makes more sense. A stealthy shadow stalker doesn't need that much yellow so close to his face. The plain black bat can be made to look more striking than the yellow oval.

I have seen many symbols from batman gotham nights to dead end to haloween to batman beyond bob kanes batman just many different symbols but it really depends on the costume i like the orginal yellow oval on a balack suit but not on a grey suit i like bob kanes version but not the ears i just have many thinks i like and dont like but i have 1 vision of a suit i like but cant put it on paper and draw cause iam no artist wish i could draw it i think it would look awesome but thats just me

Don't get me wrong it's cool. But the plain black bat just makes more sense. A stealthy shadow stalker doesn't need that much yellow so close to his face. The plain black bat can be made to look more striking than the yellow oval.

If you want to be realistic to a degree, this reasoning makes sense on a suit where the logo is part of the cowl, like the Returns suit. However, when wrapping his cape around him covers it, that idea is less important and the "highlight his armored chest" argument functions just as well.

i use to be so upssed with batman back in middle school
i swear ihad the logo on everything i owned lol

If you want to be realistic to a degree, this reasoning makes sense on a suit where the logo is part of the cowl, like the Returns suit. However, when wrapping his cape around him covers it, that idea is less important and the "highlight his armored chest" argument functions just as well.
I've heard it explained as a target. I believe Miller first used that explanation in TDKR but really . . . having a Bright Yellow 'TARGET' so close to your unprotected face? I mean ya might as well lobby to bring back the blue and grey.

I've heard it explained as a target. I believe Miller first used that explanation in TDKR but really . . . having a Bright Yellow 'TARGET' so close to your unprotected face? I mean ya might as well lobby to bring back the blue and grey.

I personally don't mind the blue and grey, but that's neither here nor there. What I'm saying is if he's trying to be stealthy, he's going to have his cape wrapped around him anyway. I mean it depends on the outfit, but it doesn't really flutter around all that much unless it's windy and/or he's moving around a lot. He can pretty much keep his chest covered unless he wants someone to see it.

I also like it to be a dull gold or mustard yellow or something though, the reflective tennis ball neon yellow that sometimes shows up is obviously too much of a target even accepting he has one.

I personally don't mind the blue and grey, but that's neither here nor there. What I'm saying is if he's trying to be stealthy, he's going to have his cape wrapped around him anyway. I mean it depends on the outfit, but it doesn't really flutter around all that much unless it's windy and/or he's moving around a lot. He can pretty much keep his chest covered unless he wants someone to see it.

I also like it to be a dull gold or mustard yellow or something though, the reflective tennis ball neon yellow that sometimes shows up is obviously too much of a target even accepting he has one.
I'll agree that anything could be done a 'right way'. But the oval emblem, no matter how it's done, still kinda makes him look like he's wearng a hood ornament on his chest.

I like the oval. It's nostalgic. But I don't want it back any time soon.

I love the oval. As far as live actions chest logo's, the BF panther suit is my favorite.

my favorite logo/suit is the jim lee design. everything about it is perfect. followed by the JLU cartoon design

i dunno, to me the bright yellow oval (and belt) kinda defeated the whole idea of hiding in the shadows.

i dunno, to me the bright yellow oval (and belt) kinda defeated the whole idea of hiding in the shadows.
Can't you picture the scene- a criminal in fear, trying to escape the Legend that is Batman, creeps through a darkened room... then at the end all he sees is a yellow oval with, quite simply, a bat symbol.

He wouldn't need to see any more of the Dark Knight to know fear, it stands out because it's a message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"