Ozark (Netflix)

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
Anyone else started watching this?Ive been enjoying it a lot so far,reminds me a lot of Breaking Bad & Bloodline.

Anyone else started watching this?Ive been enjoying it a lot so far,reminds me a lot of Breaking Bad & Bloodline.

The first episode was a masterpiece as far as I'm concerned. Most of the front half of the series was pretty good as well.

Not sure I liked how it ended, but there's definitely a serious showdown settin' up between [BLACKOUT]the Mexican drug cartel and the Snells[/BLACKOUT].

My sleep schedule is messed up now because of it.

Jason Bateman is a really good director.

I just realized that Marty (Jason Bateman) talks to everyone how Michael Bluth used to talk down to Gob.

Bateman breaks bad.

It took me a few episodes to get into it but I enjoyed the season.

Peter Mullan
playing another southern heroin dealer head of a crime family. His role was combination of his Top Of The Lake and Quarry character

I love the little clues to the episode they drop in the title,kinda reminds me of Fringe

IcK5QGh.png

Loved it. Watched it in two days and the only gripe I had were those damn kids mainly Charlotte.

Renewed for Season 2

'Ozark' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix

The Jason Bateman and Laura Linney drama will return for another round of 10 episodes.

Netflix is going back to the Ozarks.

Less than a month after its premiere, the streaming giant has renewed Jason Bateman and Laura Linney drama Ozark for a second season.

Produced by Media Rights Capital, the drama revolves around financial planner Marty (Bateman) and Wendy Byrde (Linney) and their family's sudden relocation from the suburbs of Chicago to a summer resort community in the Missouri Ozarks. Rather than the familiar skyscrapers and trading floors, Ozark explores capitalism, family dynamics and survival through the eyes of (anything but) ordinary Americans.

Definitely Breaking Bad vibe. But feels a little faster paced. The first episode is fantastic and hooks you right in.

Just finished watching this. Thought it was great. Really different role for Bateman.

I've been stalled on episode 4 for a while. I can see where all the Breaking Bad comparisons are coming from but it's just not griping me like that did. I love the cast though.

Jason Bateman Talks ‘Ozark’ Season 2, ‘Breaking Bad’ Comparisons

Jason Bateman joined Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys event to talk about the next season of his Netflix series Ozark, which he calls a sequel “as opposed to a second season.” “We’re approaching [Ozark] as a 10-chapter movie… the second year is not a completely new story, but it is another single beginning, middle, and end.”

Bateman, who was joined onstage at the DGA Theater today by his co-star Julie Garner, gave props to the Netflix format. “It’s fantastic from a creative standpoint in that you can make assumptions that people are going to be biting off big chunks of this. From a writing standpoint, you don’t feel the same obligation to reestablish things.”

He also touched on the show’s comparisons to Breaking Bad, calling it “flattering.”

“You got a fortysomething-year-old white guy who’s got a family and a very domestic situation and he gets himself involved in a criminal situation in order to provide for his family,” said Bateman. “Hopefully, we separate a bit from that show no better no worse.”

[YT]nqS_nsAU5KY[/YT]

My Polish friend in Warsaw got into this like 4 months ago. She really enjoyed.

I can't wait for it. Same with Mindhunters season 2.

Sweet, I can watch it the weekend I come back from visiting; said Polish friend.

Review: ‘Ozark’ Season 2

And in its second season, “Ozark” hums on, riding that wave of pure competence. There’s more juicy examination of the manner by which truly nasty people make their way through the world, more jarring violence, more twists, more of the Byrdes finding ways to stay afloat. And yet “competent” is not always praise. It’s almost unspeakably disappointing that a show in which Laura Linney is constantly threatening people is quite so boring. The show is built to provide more of the same high-quality thrills, shocks, and malice, which makes for a strange sort of disappointment, as the shows to which it has the closest surface-level resemblance push into new territory year after year.

‘Ozark’ Season 2 Review: Family Matters in the Netflix Drama’s Unrelenting New Season

As with most Netflix series, there is a bit of bloat in Ozark Season 2—mainly in the middle stretch—and the show is incredibly bleak and stressful. The tension never really lets up as obstacles continue to pile up for the Byrdes, to the point that watching this show can at times feel like drowning. Which, you know, isn’t super pleasant. It’s true that the increasing stakes make the successes all the sweeter, but Season 2 could have used with a few more wins.

However, the thing about Ozark is that if you’re in despair or upset about a particular scene or storyline, there’s a good chance your mood will change significantly pretty soon. Given the speed with which Ozark moves, this is a show that swings wildly and heavily from exciting to despairing to even a bit derivative at points, but it recovers more often than not.

Just got done with season 2, absolutely loved it.I'll go as far as to say that it might have outdid season 1.The only weakest part of this season was the whole 'emancipation' story line.

Also I'll add that the tone of this season reminded me a lot of 'House of Cards'.

I actually thought season 1 was better. Agreed the emancipation storyline was just a bad attempt at giving the daughter something to do. But I didn't like so much focus on Darlene Snell. She's batsh- crazy.

I'm glad they killed Roy though.

Goodness Gracious this show is incredible. I was recommended to watch this show two weeks ago and binged through both seasons and This, people, is seriously Breaking Bad level stuff. I mean, damn.

This show is so nail-bitingly intense sometimes I cant take it. And the acting, everyone is putting on Emmy worthy performances here. The moral ambiguity here, you often times wanna root for Marty, sometimes you hate him, but then the show reels back and shows you he’s a good but conflicted person and you go back to rooting for him again. But man, I thought Walter White was in a ****ed up situation, Marty has really created a mess of a situation for him and his family and Bateman is so damn good in the role.

And then theres his wife Wendy, hooo mama. I see where theyre going with her character and if im right, man, its gonna be wild. Laura Linney is a tour de force in this role. Damn.

I think this is my favorite Netflix show now, cant wait for season 3.

Loved Season 2 as well even more so than the first. I am so glad that it is getting renewed too because that was one hell of a cliffhanger.

Lol about damn time and I got low key hyped when I saw Joseph Sikora. He might not even be in this season that much, but it's still pretty cool seeing him just randomly pop up in stuff here and there. This season looks great too and I'm definitely getting Breaking Bad vibes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"