Ozark (Netflix)

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Kaleb, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Kaleb 2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion

New trailer dropped, looks intense as hell

2. samsnee Ok

3. P Supreme Registered

Just finished s4. And things were too convenient for everyone

4. KaijuDude1992 Registered

I honestly wish they just waited to release the whole thing at once or even do what they did with Arcane and just release the episodes on weekly basis because it basically just ends on a cliffhanger.

I mean on one hand I do like what it was building up too, but there was so much convenient stuff happening this season that it got kind of ridiculous, but I still can't wait to see Part 2 of Season 4.

5. MadVillainy C'mon Son

I must've been asleep because I didn't know this was even coming out to soon. Basically I overheard someone mention it at the store,

Finished it and all I have to say is that Darleen is one of the worst characters in a good TV drama I've personally seen

6. P Supreme Registered

Darlene has been great villain imo
    Her ark is only one thst made sense

7. kguillou Registered

Just finished. SWEET F****NG CHRISTMAS this is show is SO GOOD.

Man that ending, I was so pissed that the season was over. Julia Garner man, Holy CRAP, she had me literally shaking with her performance. Everyone was excellent in this show this season as always but Garner boy, she brought the house down at the very end.

Everything has just spiraled out of control and I'm here for it. BRING ON PART 2 DAMN IT!

#57 kguillou, Jan 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  8. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Well that was certainly an intense first half of a season!

I was about to say Darlene has more plot armor than any character I've seen in an otherwise respectable show, and then...welp, not anymore, lol. Still feel like this should've happened MUCH sooner, tbh.

I do agree with this. I've felt this way about the show in previous seasons too, which is why it will never quite be on Breaking Bad's level for me. When things went well for Walter White it was almost always due to his ingenuity and outside-the-box thinking, while the Byrdes either get by on good luck/timing, or talking their way out of things...and half the time their talking does not convince me, so I can't completely buy it convincing these ruthless drug lords, business people, FBI agents and whatnot. Don't get me wrong, I love the show as the drama is intense and the acting is incredible, but for me it falls just short of that top tier due to that aspect of the writing.

That said, Julia Garner just made one hell of an Emmy bid here, and I'm still very hyped for the 2nd half. :up:

KaijuDude1992, P Supreme and kguillou like this.
  9. MadVillainy C'mon Son

To each their own. I think she's a terrible villain with little arc.
    She is not shown to be that smart or cunning, she's not shown to be badass, she's not even threatening. She is just crazy and for some reason every character rabs the Idiot Ball when it comes to her.

She's killed high ranking members of like 3 criminal organizations, maimed one, and everyone doesn't do anything because...? Idk. And that makes the Cartel and the KC Mob (I saw someone call them the Weanie Hut Jr Mob) look kinda wimpy. Like I'm not expecting everything to be Breaking Bad level, but at least in BB, Walt and to a lesser extent Jesse are given reasons why they aren't killed after messing up with the Cartel. They either use their smarts or like Jesse even lampshades in the final season they're lucky. Darlene it's just plot armor/convenienc. EDIT: And I forgot how she laced the heroin with fentanyl and lives through that.

Her relationship with Wyatt seemed kinda pointless. Her "arc" over the seasons doesn't seem to exist. She's a trigger happy psycho in season 1, season 4 she's the same. I like the show a fair bit and the actress gives a good performance, but the writing for the character was weak after the season 1 finale.

#59 MadVillainy, Jan 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  10. kguillou Registered

I do have a question thought about Maya. And pardon my ignorance on how the FBI works but

How was it that Maya was able to so easily go behind her FBI bosses back and authorize the arrest of Navarro? I would think her superiors had made sure no one could touch him, no? And that seems like a really stupid decision, I'd imagine she's got a huge target on her back within the organization now.

KaijuDude1992 and MadVillainy like this.
  11. MadVillainy C'mon Son

I thought the same ting

kguillou likes this.
  12. kguillou Registered

Ok glad its not just me, thats the one area where i personally felt the writing was pretty flimsy in the season.

13. P Supreme Registered

her moving in with the Byrds didn't make any sense either

14. P Supreme Registered

I thought her going after Zeke was on character and her wanting to continue the dope trade made sense now her shooting Frank Jr thats when i was ok now she's getting out of hand but when i said her ark made sense i meant

Her getting shot in cold blood and Wyatt getting caught in the crossfire
    made The most sense this season

15. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

I was surprised that Navarro’s nephew did a lot of the grunt work this season. He was making the trades with the pharma company and he shot Darlene and Wyatt himself. You would think he would have hired someone to do it instead.

P Supreme and KaijuDude1992 like this.
  16. MadVillainy C'mon Son

Found on Reddit.
    Thought I was the only one thinking this
    [​IMG]

P Supreme likes this.
  17. kguillou Registered

AHH! I KNEW Javier reminded me of a character from another show hahaha

P Supreme likes this.
  18. P Supreme Registered

Darlene has a presence so I like her character when she shows up your not comfortable and thst adds to the tension on the show

but I always thought her killing a top cartel guy in s1 thst she should have gotten killed in s2 she finally answered for that Javier doing it himself made him that much more dangerous

19. Pittman4Two Registered

Maybe I missed it, but, in the last episode, what instruction did Wendy give Charlotte while Ruth was raging in their house?

20. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

Go plant evidence at Darlene’s house that makes the police think Jonah was the murderer. :o

21. Pittman4Two Registered

lol so it wasn't something I missed. I guess we will find out!

Deck Rickard likes this.
  22. squeekness The mighty squeek!

Was I wrong in believing this was a final season? Because it sure didn't end like one. :(

23. MadVillainy C'mon Son

What just aired was part 1 of the final season. Part 2 is coming soon. I think before the end of the year

24. squeekness The mighty squeek!

Okay, thanks. :) Thought I was losing my mind there for a second, lol

25. Drizzle Penguin Silvia

I just caught up with this show over the past couple of weeks and phew! I see what the fuss is about. It's no Breaking Bad but it's definitely one of the best Netflix has to offer. I had no idea Bateman could be so good and it felt like I haven't seen Laura Linney in anything in years but she kills it here. Of course the real MVP is Julia Garner. ESPECIALLY in the S4 Part 1 finale. She's so good that I can even endure that grating accent she has.

But anyway, my main reason for bumping this is to share that the second half of the final season drops on April 29th, so it won't be too much longer of a wait.

'Ozark' Showrunner Revealed What's Going to Happen Next for Ruth and the Byrdes in Season 4 Part 2.

Prison Mike likes this.