Panther villains

Victor Creed said:
Wow you're clever. Your parents must be proud.

Yup they are. I dont need to be spoon fed information.:up:

Darthphere said:
Yup they are. I dont need to be spoon fed information.:up:

Information always tastes best when it's spoon fed though.

If you prefer Killmonger or White Wolf, then it stands to reason you think T'Challa should face an internal threat. If you say Klaw, you probably wanna see him reconcile his past. And if you said the U.S., chances are you want to see Wakanda on the brink of war.

The Overlord said:
Yeah, but he was made of sound for most of comics career, since after his first apperance. If Klaw isn't made of sound there's no point in having him
That's like saying there's no point in putting Rogue in the X-Men movies if she doesn't have the Ms. Marvel powers. There are other ways to approach it. He could just have a really high-tech sonic gun.

US Government trying to bring the brotha down! lol

In the words of the wise Plastic-man: "RODNEY KING!RODNEY KING!!!!"

Chris Wallace said:
1-what take do you have in mind? (Hopefully not one that's totally unfaithful, or another "Smallville"-esque suggestion like I keep seeing on the main thread)
2-he ATE the herb. He didn't smoke or inhale it. & since as far as I know he doesn't have to keep going & getting more to rejuvenate himself, how is he a junkie?
2 - The all junkie part was a joke, so, lighten up dude ;)
But i still think that the all herb stuff should be scraped, because T´Challa doesn´t need it, all he needs is to be a top notch athlete, acrobat and martial artist.
The all herb gives him a superhuman angle that, to some extend, doesn´t have anything to do with the Black Panther.

1 - No, it wouldn´t be something unfaithful or "Elseworld"-esque, but i do realize that some people would see it like that. What i would want to address would be something that, i think, never was totally explained in the comics.
Just like, if i would make a Batman trilogy, i would address that "The death of Bruce Wayne", because i don´t feel it was ever really explained how he was able to kill his past.
In T´Challa´s case, for example, why does a monarch dons a costume and goes around saving people?
In my opinion, the only way for it to make sense, is that he was a superhero, before being a king.

I guess marvel is doing something similar to that in the Storm mini-series. They're trying to show BP's adventures before he was BP.

Isildur´s Heir said:
2 - The all junkie part was a joke, so, lighten up dude ;)
But i still think that the all herb stuff should be scraped, because T´Challa doesn´t need it, all he needs is to be a top notch athlete, acrobat and martial artist.
The all herb gives him a superhuman angle that, to some extend, doesn´t have anything to do with the Black Panther.

1 - No, it wouldn´t be something unfaithful or "Elseworld"-esque, but i do realize that some people would see it like that. What i would want to address would be something that, i think, never was totally explained in the comics.
Just like, if i would make a Batman trilogy, i would address that "The death of Bruce Wayne", because i don´t feel it was ever really explained how he was able to kill his past.
In T´Challa´s case, for example, why does a monarch dons a costume and goes around saving people?
In my opinion, the only way for it to make sense, is that he was a superhero, before being a king.
The costume is a symbol of a bloodline, & he mainly protects his country. He's not Spider-Man or Batman, & I don't want that kind of portrayal.

Chris Wallace said:
The costume is a symbol of a bloodline, & he mainly protects his country. He's not Spider-Man or Batman, & I don't want that kind of portrayal.
The costume is a symbol of a bloodline, sure, but even so, it need a little bit more explanation tham that.
The way i see it, just by looking at the costume in the comics, it gives me the feeling that it was modified, meaning that the original costume was a little bit diferent from the one T´Challa wears (maybe a little more tribal).

And he mainly protects his country....
What about the all Avengers membership deal? I don´t remember the all run by Christopher Priest, but it was something like, he was a member to keep an eye on them. It´s all good, but T´Challa did it also because he has the soul of a hero, he made a diference, that kind of thing doesn´t came over night.
I would like to address those things.

He isn´t Spider-Man or Batman (not Spider-Man is Batman, or vice versa ;)), of that you can be sure, i would like to maintain the all political angle.
The only thing i can say is, i would maintain a bit of Priest´s run, the all civil war angle.

Man-Ape. To me, he's the hokiest of BP's villains.

Isildur´s Heir said:
The costume is a symbol of a bloodline, sure, but even so, it need a little bit more explanation tham that.
The way i see it, just by looking at the costume in the comics, it gives me the feeling that it was modified, meaning that the original costume was a little bit diferent from the one T´Challa wears (maybe a little more tribal).

And he mainly protects his country....
What about the all Avengers membership deal? I don´t remember the all run by Christopher Priest, but it was something like, he was a member to keep an eye on them. It´s all good, but T´Challa did it also because he has the soul of a hero, he made a diference, that kind of thing doesn´t came over night.
I would like to address those things.

He isn´t Spider-Man or Batman (not Spider-Man is Batman, or vice versa ;)), of that you can be sure, i would like to maintain the all political angle.
The only thing i can say is, i would maintain a bit of Priest´s run, the all civil war angle.
I don't think we have a disagreement so much as a misunderstanding. I want the movie to be rooted in Priest's run w/some aspects of Hudlin's-like the retrospective look at Wakanda's history, what's happened when anyone else threatened it. Everything else you've said I totally agree with. I guess I've just seen so many posts pushing for a "Black Panther Begins" type of movie that I took your remarks to be along the same lines.

Chris Wallace said:
Man-Ape. To me, he's the hokiest of BP's villains.

^Yeah,that's the one I would like to see.Why do you think he is the hokiest?

He's dressed up as a freakin' gorilla!!!!!!!!!!

So? You don't like Gorillaz?
:)notice reference:)

There's no such group. If they exist, why haven't we seen them by now?

actually chris i understand they were a studio band

That's basically what I mean. A studio band & some computer geeks.

Klaw is the most obvious choice. However, Killmonger imo is the more interesting character.

Groovy Avvi, 3dman! Psychadelic!

thanks blah
philly phanboy pm'ed it to me and drakon helped set it up for me

4 the ones picking Klaw-do you want the "Secret Wars" Klaw (made of sound) or the original/Hudlin model (sonic weapon)?

Hey, remember when I suggested Klaw, Killmonger and another dude whose name starts with a "K"?
I just figured out the third dude's name: Krimson Klansman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"