Paramount and Bad Robot to take on Cycle of Lies: The Lance Armstrong Story

You do know that he destroyed several people's professional and personal lives. He bankrupted several people with lawsuits when they said that he was doping and he spent years destroying their reputations before he finally admitted they were right. Yes, he did not destroy as many lives as he helped with his cancer work....but do you ignore the people's lives he actively and very forcefully and cruelly destroyed?

Quoting because it deserves to be at the top of the page. :o:up:

You do know that he destroyed several people's professional and personal lives. He bankrupted several people with lawsuits when they said that he was doping and he spent years destroying their reputations before he finally admitted they were right. Yes, he did not destroy as many lives as he helped with his cancer work....but do you ignore the people's lives he actively and very forcefully and cruelly destroyed?

As said it depends on who those people were. If he just destroyed reporters who were digging into people's lives and scoping around - then, in all honesty, I could care less for them. I'm the guy that if a reporter or paparazzi was following me around - I'd destroy their camera and then sue them just for that. I'd probably make sure they couldn't continue in that line of work either.

If it was innocent people, which give an example, I'll happily admit that I was wrong and that I'm sorry for that individual.

But, as said, if it's the kind of reporters going where they don't belong to try to gather dirt on someone - I don't have any remorse for that person.

This could come from working in the entertainment industry though and seeing how these vultures could ruin my own life just to get a paycheck.

I can't see that kind of reporter as 'completely innocent,' they would have started out purely as a means of trying to ruin him. It's self-defense.

Once again, give me the name of someone not like that, and I'll feel remorse for them - otherwise, I can't.

Last edited:
Take the team's masseuse, Emma O'Reilly. He called her a drunk and a prostitute then sued her.

As said it depends on who those people were. If he just destroyed reporters who were digging into people's lives and scoping around - then, in all honesty, I could care less for them. I'm the guy that if a reporter or paparazzi was following me around - I'd destroy their camera and sue them just for that.

If it was innocent people, which give an example, I'll happily admit that I was wrong and that I'm sorry for that individual.

But, as said, if it's the kind of reporters going where they don't belong to try to gather dirt on someone - I don't have remorse for that person.

This could come from working in the entertainment industry though and seeing how these people could ruin my own life just to get a paycheck.
You really need to read up on this before you comment.

There were fellow team members and their families who YEARS ago said that he was doping to win and that he was trying to make them dope too. He called them liars. He sued them and won. They lost all kinds of money, their homes, their jobs, their endorsements. He spent years telling every reporter (who then printed it) that those people were liars, that they were jealous, that they were sore losers....and even in the case of one rider's wife, he called her a lying ***** ****e. He has now admitted that they were right about their accusations. Their lives were ruined. For years they have been called lieing vindictive jealous losers and even more crude rude names by him and his supporters....and he now says that they were right. BUT.....BUT......he still hasn't apologized to them for that.

Read up on this before you defend the man.

As said it depends on who those people were. If he just destroyed reporters who were digging into people's lives and scoping around - then, in all honesty, I could care less for them. I'm the guy that if a reporter or paparazzi was following me around - I'd destroy their camera and then sue them just for that. I'd probably make sure they couldn't continue in that line of work either.

But, as said, if it's the kind of reporters going where they don't belong to try to gather dirt on someone - I don't have any remorse for that person.

This could come from working in the entertainment industry though and seeing how these vultures could ruin my own life just to get a paycheck.

I can't see that kind of reporter as 'completely innocent,' they would have started out purely as a means of trying to ruin him. It's self-defense.

Once again, give me the name of someone not like that, and I'll feel remorse for them - otherwise, I can't.

I don't see how you can make a distinction between innocents and "vultures." Shouldn't matter when they were all correct and Armstrong was the actual guilty person.

As usual, you don't know what you're talking about.

Okay now I can see that I was wrong. I wouldn't necessarily still call him a 'bad guy.' Just a guy who made many mistakes and should pay for the consequences of said mistake. I still see him as human though, albeit a really flawed human, because of his contributions. To me that at least says that his heart was in the right place in some things even though other things may have been horribly off. Not saying he was a hero or a good guy, just that there's a gray area to him.

And how can I make the distinction? To me innocents are people who did nothing 'wrong,' and didn't 'pry' to try to make a quick buck by bringing someone down. I now see that that was the case here, innocents. But some reporters and paparazzi all they do is follow celebrities around (legal stalking basically) to try to catch them in the moment of making a mistake whatever said mistake that may be to try to catch a quick buck off of it. I want all paparazzi to fall apart, if they contribute their lives to destroying others - they're just getting what they rightfully deserve (as I've just also said Armstrong should have consequences as well). As said though, coming from a guy who is already afraid of such beings (paparazzi) entering my own life - that shaped my view towards them.

Last edited:
You really need to read up on this before you comment.

There were fellow team members and their families who YEARS ago said that he was doping to win and that he was trying to make them dope too. He called them liars. He sued them and won. They lost all kinds of money, their homes, their jobs, their endorsements. He spent years telling every reporter (who then printed it) that those people were liars, that they were jealous, that they were sore losers....and even in the case of one rider's wife, he called her a lying ***** ****e. He has now admitted that they were right about their accusations. Their lives were ruined. For years they have been called lieing vindictive jealous losers and even more crude rude names by him and his supporters....and he now says that they were right. BUT.....BUT......he still hasn't apologized to them for that.

Read up on this before you defend the man.

Yeah, I had to some research because at first, I was defending Lance until I read up on his poor work ethics and cut-throat demeanor. And my GOD, Lance destroyed the lives of his former bikers on his team. I mean, there were a few who didn't want to dope and Lance forced them. If not, they would be fired and pretty much blacklisted from competing. It's sad and just insane.

The thing that bothers me is how Lance was very pro-active in this illegal activity. If it was just him that would be a different story. But because he was forcing this upon others or ruin their careers, that makes him bad.

Last edited:
And how can I make the distinction? To me innocents are people who did nothing 'wrong,' and didn't 'pry' to try to make a quick buck by bringing someone down. I now see that that was the case here, innocents. But some reporters and paparazzi all they do is follow celebrities around (legal stalking basically) to try to catch them in the moment of making a mistake whatever said mistake that may be to try to catch a quick buck off of it. I want all paparazzi to fall apart, if they contribute their lives to destroying others - they're just getting what they rightfully deserve. As said though, coming from a guy who is already afraid of such beings entering my own life.

Even if it was reporters who followed Lance around until they found this out, they wouldn't be vultures. This isn't the same as a celebrity who gets caught picking his nose or lounging naked by his pool. This was a guy who cheated his way to money and power, the exact kind of whistle-blowing reporters should be dealing with.

Okay now I can see that I was wrong. I wouldn't necessarily still call him a 'bad guy.' Just a guy who made many mistakes and should pay for the consequences of said mistake. I still see him as human though, albeit a really flawed human, because of his contributions. To me that at least says that his heart was in the right place in some things even though other things may have been horribly off.

And how can I make the distinction? To me innocents are people who did nothing 'wrong,' and didn't 'pry' to try to make a quick buck by bringing someone down. I now see that that was the case here, innocents. But some reporters and paparazzi all they do is follow celebrities around (legal stalking basically) to try to catch them in the moment of making a mistake whatever said mistake that may be to try to catch a quick buck off of it. I want all paparazzi to fall apart, if they contribute their lives to destroying others - they're just getting what they rightfully deserve (as I've just also said Armstrong should have consequences as well). As said though, coming from a guy who is already afraid of such beings entering my own life.
Get reporters off of your mind. This has absolutely nothing to do with reporters or paparazzi.....it was people on the TEAM that he was the lead of...he doped, and told them to dope too...if they said no...he destroyed their lives. No one for the longest time questioned him. He was the cycling god who fought cancer and won....people adored him and did not question anything he said....and former riders on his team were destroyed. And he was unbelievably mean and cruel about it while he did it. And if you watch his Oprah interview...he is completely unrepentive about it...he is just sad that he got caught, not that he did anything wrong.

C.Lee reporters was in response to Adams of 'innocents' and 'not innocents' and I've already said in this case it was 'innocents' along with a handful of others throughout the years that Lance doesn't know about. This is in response to Adam's asking for my distinction, not to anything else. And they were probably among those Lance didn't know about and said he didn't know about over the years.

It would all depend upon what those reporters were after. Were they following him around and just stumbled upon it? Or were they seeking out ways to bring him down and found the perfect thing to use against him like they might have done to others? Motivations means a lot here. Not saying all reporters. But it wouldn't surprise if some of the people hurt were those with the motivation of destroying others for a paycheck. And tried to broker a deal with Lance's manager to not spill the story, thus people getting hurt that he never heard about and would get sued in it being covered up. I don't consider reporters with that motive innocent.

And as said, while they may have come into play - and probably have over the years, the stronger point here is innocents without that motive did get hurt.

Last edited:
C.Lee reporters was in response to Adams of 'innocents' and 'not innocents' and I've already said in this case it was 'innocents' along with a handful of others throughout the years that Lance doesn't know about.

It would all depend upon what those reporters were after. Were they following him around and just stumbled upon it? Or were they seeking out ways to bring him down and found the perfect thing to use against him like they might have done to others? Motivations means a lot here. Not saying all reporters. But it wouldn't surprise if some of the people hurt were those with the motivation of destroying others for a paycheck.

Get your head out of that place you seem to have it in at the moment...get off of the Hype and go read a newspaper story about this, find a legitament internet news feed about it, turn on CNN and watch the news about it....and forget about any damn reporters. LANCE SCREWED HIS TEAMMATES AND THEIR FAMILIES AND LIED TO EVERYONE IN THE WORLD FOR OVER TEN YEARS...HE FINALLY GOT CAUGHT BY EVERYTHING....NOT JUST A REPORTER LOOKING FOR DIRT....HE CAUGHT BECAUSE TOO MANY PEOPLE DECIDED TO FINALLY COME FORWARD, THE DRUG TESTING BECAME TOO HARD TO FAKE...HE GOT CAUGHT BECAUSE HIS WEB OF LIES BECAME TOO BIG TO HANDLE.

Dude, I'll type this as simple as I can make it for you, okay? Good.

Now, read... again... closely...

I admitted to having been wrong and that innocents did get hurt and that I feel sorry for them. And that Lance should pay for the consequences of that.

I admitted to having been wrong and that innocents did get hurt and that I feel sorry for them. And that Lance should pay for the consequences of that.

Good, okay?

Now...

ADAMS asked how I could make a distinction between innocent people getting ruined and people who deserve to get ruined. And that's where reporters and vultures were mentioned. In that those who seek out to hurt others deserve to get hurt themselves. Not saying reporters were at the crux of it, just answering how I can make a distinction in an earlier comment. This is a GENERALIZED statement.

And I'm sure on that line we can both agree with.

Those who seek out to hurt others deserve to get hurt themselves.

Read all of that? Good. You still seem to be stuck in the past when I've already admitted to being wrong and just replied to Adams' question of how I can make a distinction. Here it was innocents. And that's the key thing to focus on. Admittedly there were probably also said reporters who got caught in the cross-fire - as Lance admitted to not knowing about everyone who could have been hurt (this includes people his manager sued which would include a broad variety of people).

With Lance Armstrong showing his true colors and revealing what a scumbag he really is I'd love nothing more than to see the paparazzi hound and harass him for the rest of his days just so that he knows what it's lie to be all those people he bullied.

The fake gf thing would make a more interesting movie then this one

Lance Armstrong should be remembered in a negative way, I don't feel he should get sympathy from people aside from hoping he learns from this and gets on the right track. That's just my opinion.

Tamron Hall said she felt kind of bad for him but didn't make her opinion known online because people would have ripped her to shreds for it.

He's pretty good at bike riding though. I'll give him that. :p

If he didn't use performance enhancing drugs, we wouldn't be talking about him. As he said himself, he didn't think it was possible to win seven consecutive tours without that stuff.

Oprah should have asked him if he's going to pay back all the money he received under false pretences. But I think it would be more fitting if it was sued off him, like he used to do to people. If the weight of evidence didn't pile up and remove all doubt, he would have been totally fine to continue the myth. Meaning continuing to aggressively deny and bully. Going on Oprah was the very last card he had to play and he wouldn't have done it otherwise.

I like how sports men and women commenting on the story are saying he's nothing but a cheat. Armstrong used to make these sort of statements about people but this time they are 100 per cent true.

I think that Cooper is not a bad choice.

P.S I agree with everything C.LEE said. It's not about the doping mostly, it's the way he publically humiliated and bullied people whom were telling the truth.

I am pissed off because I believed him, I defended his ass and was one of the idiots who called those people jealous losers. So I feel no sympathy for a crule lying trickster like Armstrong, screw him.

I don't see a movie here. Sure he destroyed lives and lied a lot but why does there need to be a movie. Who would be protagonist, is Lance the main character or just a supporting character. It's a movie that doesn't need to be made nor should it.

movies have been made about worst human beings tho lol

iceman comes out this year

He actually did stuff though. Lance rode a bike, took a shot and some blood and sent his lawyers after anyone who went against him. That's it. There's no movie there. A really interesting documentary for sure but not a movie

one biopic i cant wait to see is Hugh Hefner's biopic which i know peter morgan(Frost/Nixon,The Queen) is writing i recently saw a documentary on hbo and he has a ton of thing he did that would make a damn great film

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"