Paramount's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks beautiful there.
I wish they all looked a little more like turtles in the face. Other than that they are designs I kinda envisioned and hoped for long before the shots were released so in that regard I'm happy.
Agreed.

huh?
I think their faces look more turtle like than they ever have before.

I couldn't help but notice Mikey's shoes. Older photos showed him rocking Nikes. Now he's rocking some Filas.

The looks are growing on me. I have to admit, this CG looks believable. They did a good job on them. I'm still not fully sold on the design and their size, along with Johnny Knockville's voice for Leo. I guess I have to wait and check the movie out to make that final judgement.

The faces are definitely more turtle-like than any other previous design.

I also am not a fan of knoxville's voice, he just doesn't sound like the wise leader of the four.

How so? The most turtle-like designs ever used professionaly were Michael Zulli's turtles in the stories he wrote a drew for Mirage. It's not like real turtles have raised noses or lips and their plastrons being molded to them like muscle is silly and the various pants and skirts seem to be a cover up for the fact that the shells and plastrons don't seem to connect or extend much below their waists. These are exeptionaly bad designs whichever way you look at it.

Buzz is starting to ramp up, I actually heard this older lady at my office talking about she may have to go and see it.

How so? The most turtle-like designs ever used professionaly were Michael Zulli's turtles in the stories he wrote a drew for Mirage. It's not like real turtles have raised noses or lips and their plastrons being molded to them like muscle is silly and the various pants and skirts seem to be a cover up for the fact that the shells and plastrons don't seem to connect or extend much below their waists. These are exeptionaly bad designs whichever way you look at it.

There isn't much I dislike about these new designs but the plastrons not being connected on the side is one of them.

pBqOT1q.jpg

4oKyAp9.jpg

I didn't even know they made a pizza flavored Pringles? I must try it out.

Surprisingly, their Honey Mustard tastes really good. I thought it was going to be awful.

Those are really well done. I've never been a fan of all 4 of em having a red mask though.

Speaking on the faces alone, there is no denying that movie-verse wise they are more turtle like than any other MOVIE. Being a turtle owner myself I can tell you some species does have slightly raised noses, it's mainly sea turtles and tortoises that have no nose, only nostrils. I agree about the lips, I've disliked them from day one but I still really like designs and don't think they are bad and many other people feel the same way.

Last edited:
If the DNA infused Mutagen rumor is true then that explains why they have humanoid faces. Therr would have to be human DNA in the Mutagen

I also am not a fan of knoxville's voice, he just doesn't sound like the wise leader of the four.

A minor complaint of mine as well.

A minor complaint of mine as well.

I like it. Leo generally has one of the lighter more seriously toned voices, but Knoxville's, at least from the few short clips I've heard (there isn't much to go on) has a gruff authoritative leader to me. It's a different take on Leo, but only slightly as he's always acted like a second parent to his brothers. Not only is he the oldest, but I kind of like the idea he'd have a slightly hoarse voice from having to scream at them all the time.

"BACK OFF RAPH!"

I think he sold it to me when he sits there whispering to April. "You tell no one of this... or we will find you."

I like it. Leo generally has one of the lighter more seriously toned voices, but Knoxville's, at least from the few short clips I've heard (there isn't much to go on) has a gruff authoritative leader to me. It's a different take on Leo, but only slightly as he's always acted like a second parent to his brothers. Not only is he the oldest, but I kind of like the idea he'd have a slightly hoarse voice from having to scream at them all the time.

"BACK OFF RAPH!"

I think he sold it to me when he sits there whispering to April. "You tell no one of this... or we will find you."
I agree with most of this, it also sounds like him narrating that new tv shot.

It's a minor thing for me as well.

I definitely see the potential in his voice but I'm not hearing any change in inflection or anything in the line delivery.

It's literally Knoxville using his regular voice.

They look so weird not having any sides to their shells. They usually have a bridge between the plastron and the shell, and without it they look like naked green dudes with stuff glued to their chests.

It's literally Knoxville using his regular voice.

Unfortunately, this is the curse of Leo. Outside of the old 90s stuff, it got to this weird place where in TMNT (the movie), TMNT 2012, and now this, Leo has been just the actor's voice with no change while the others are caricatures. Kind of fitting since he's the straightest one there, I guess. Corey Feldman pretty much did the same with Don though.

I didn't even know they made a pizza flavored Pringles? I must try it out.

Surprisingly, their Honey Mustard tastes really good. I thought it was going to be awful.

The Pizza flavor is my absolute favorite. I'm almost obsessed with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"