"Passengers" - Sci-fi drama starring Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence

I recently read the script for this and it was a damn good read. However, I must say, it's a good thing they cast Pratt in the lead role because [blackout]it's gonna take A LOT of natural likability to keep that character from coming across as a stalker-y *****e and actually make him someone we want to root for.[/blackout]

Hah! I'm glad I'm not the only one who picked up on the [blackout]creepy selfish stalker/psycho-ish undertones of Pratt's character. It's really kind of messed up what he did... [/blackout]. This film is going to be huge on Tumblr. Both for positive and negative reasons. :hehe:

They will have made some changes to that script as that was an early version.

Hah! I'm glad I'm not the only one who picked up on the [blackout]creepy selfish stalker/psycho-ish undertones of Pratt's character. It's really kind of messed up what he did... [/blackout]. This film is going to be huge on Tumblr. Both for positive and negative reasons. :hehe:
Oh God, you're right. Tumblr will be all over this. And it's not just [blackout]"kind of" messed up, imo. It is a full-on unforgivably messed up thing he did. And the way he behaved later...never admitting any true remorse over it and then the creepy stalker behavior once she wanted him to stay away? Yeah, that's a really difficult character for me to root for. NGL, I totally wanted him to die at the end. To give his life saving hers is really the only way he would be fully redeemed in my eyes.[/blackout] I do hope they dial back that behavior in the re-writes, and I also feel Pratt will probably be able to make it work a little better as well.

But yeah, this movie will definitely be Tumblr-bait, lol.

I noticed that their article has been changed to say he will "play" the robot rather than voicing him, so we just went from Kevin Spacey in Moon to Fassbender in Prometheus. Yay. Arthur was described as a pretty humanoid robot in the script, so I'm looking forward to seeing Sheen's performance.

Hmmm... I think that release date is more for getting the holiday B.O. numbers rather than an awards push. Unless the script has changed a lot, I don't see how it can be awards friendly. Maybe some technical ones but that's it.

Hmmm... I think that release date is more for getting the holiday B.O. numbers rather than an awards push. Unless the script has changed a lot, I don't see how it can be awards friendly. Maybe some technical ones but that's it.

My thought's exactly Kv.

Having read the initial script I doubt so much has changed for it to be an awards contender.

Guess he's the [blackout]deck chief they wake up[/blackout]. Nice. :up:

Last edited:
Oh this will be fun in the coming year. :sly:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...e-spaceship-stinking-source-article-1.2352809

Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt’s new Sony movie “Passengers” has a lot of drama behind the scenes, one source close to production tells Confidenti@l. “Production has been grappling with budget problems because of the pricey space suit costumes which cost $20,000 to create and design,” says our source,

“There has also been various creative differences and disagreements with one of the producers, and glaring similarities to the movie ‘Titanic’ which the studio is worried makes “Passengers” feel more like a parody than a good love story set in an abandoned space milieu.”

We hear there’s even a line in the script in a scene between Lawrence and Pratt in which she tells him “If you die, I die,” which has been causing stifled laughter throughout the set during filming.
“It’s been a lot of headaches and problems,” says our source. “A documentary about the making of this movie would be better than this actual movie.”
Our source adds that Sony is being really careful about overspending on costumes and wasting money, and have become “frugal.” “The whole thing is chaotic,”

Lawrence and Pratt are being paid a pretty penny for the blockbuster, with Pratt making a cool $12 million and Lawrence raking in $20 million plus 30 percent of the box office after the movie breaks even.

I did mention the world building in this is massive in scope.

Is this the same person who 'leaked' about the troubles at the Joy set? :funny:

Is this the same person who 'leaked' about the troubles at the Joy set? :funny:

I think that was LaineyGossip or whatever they're called wasn't it? :funny:

But yeah that even got Harvey Weinstein down onto the set to have word's with DOR and Jen.

deleted.

Last edited:
You shouldn't judge a movie by which studio has it. Sony have Spectre coming out soon which will get a boat load of money in. And the likes of Jen Lawrence wouldn't even entertain the idea of a movie like this if the script wasn't good.

I think that was LaineyGossip or whatever they're called wasn't it? :funny:

But yeah that even got Harvey Weinstein down onto the set to have word's with DOR and Jen.

I think Harvey leaked it. :ninja: The rumor is that he was salty that Jen chose to work with DOR again over The Ends of the Earth (which Harvey is producing).

Yes, why would Jen want to work with the director who's two previous movies have gotten her an Oscar win, and a second Oscar nomination? How ridiculous. That's like saying "well why would Leo want to work with that Scorsese guy, or Michael Caine with that Nolan guy?"

I recently read the script for this and it was a damn good read. However, I must say, it's a good thing they cast Pratt in the lead role because [blackout]it's gonna take A LOT of natural likability to keep that character from coming across as a stalker-y *****e and actually make him someone we want to root for.[/blackout]

What is it with writers and thinking that "creepy stalker *****e" equals "romantic?" Have these people ever actually been in a real relationship, because I sometimes have doubts?

In Hollywood, that is how they show affection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"