"Passengers" - Sci-fi drama starring Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence

Indeed. The sad thing is, some fans eat this type of glamorization up. There are a lot of bad fan fictions out there where they romanticize and glamorize stalking, kidnapping, raping, Stockholm Syndrome, etc. With the rise of popularity of fictional villainous characters (particularly comic book villains), you also see a spike in the number of bad fan fictions where girls swoon over being stalked, kidnapped, tortured, etc. by someone like Loki, the Joker, Bane, etc. I'd like to think that these are kids who are just too young and naive to know better but Fifty Shades who's core fanbase are older women disprove that. Fifty Shades is all about a lead male who was stalking and controlling the female and yet it was marketed as 'sexy' and it got the author millions of dollars and a movie deal so I can see why Hollywood supports it. It's all about $$$ after all.

Last edited:
I find the self centred romance trend annoying. You have stories that feature a supposedly heroic couple who only care about being together while the rest of the world goes to hell around them and they don't do anything unless their lover is in danger. Somehow these people are supposed to be heroes that we cheer for but often don't show the heroic trait of choosing duty over love.

That's why I think they went for someone like Chris Pratt because reading the screenplay or an earlier version of it he (character) doesn't come out looking good at all. So it would need someone like Pratt's natural charm to rub off on the character.

And I could write scholarly papers, multiple ones, on how terrible and unhealthy the Bella/Edward "romance" was, and how it sends an AWFUL message to young people (both male and female).

That's why I think they went for someone like Chris Pratt because reading the screenplay or an earlier version of it he (character) doesn't come out looking good at all. So it would need someone like Pratt's natural charm to rub off on the character.

LOL imagine if the lead guy was played by someone like Jai Courtney or Taylor Lautner. :oldrazz:

I'm personally hoping they've revised to script to make Pratt's character [blackout]SLIGHTLY less of a creep,[/blackout] but I won't hold my breath.

deleted.

Last edited:
And I could write scholarly papers, multiple ones, on how terrible and unhealthy the Bella/Edward "romance" was, and how it sends an AWFUL message to young people (both male and female).
I believe there actually are papers or close to it that explain just how bad a relationship like that is. Not to mention the one papers on just how awful the relationship in 50 Shades of Grey is.

Saw this on Tumblr:

tumblr_o1qtvnpNH41tc4y3zo1_1280.jpg

This film is going to crash the internet. :hehe:

This movie will be better than Mr. and Mrs. Smith. And no, Pratt and JLaw would never hurt Anna.
Not saying it will happen, but Hollywood marriages, especially between actors, tend not to last. Not rooting for it either, just saying...

Listen I love Chris Pratt, but he's still a human being. People tend to forget that about people we admire and celebrities.

Last edited:
Law and Pratt in the same movie means I am so down for this

Tend not to last? True.

But I doubt Pratt/Law would ever have an affair. Plenty of romantic movies where the leads shared lightening chemistry kept the romance strictly on-set like Pretty Woman, Titanic, The Way We Were, Huston/Julia etc.

That hammock pic is from this mug that JLaw gave out to the cast/crew.
CZ-BCQjWkAQCNe8.jpg

Ugh, Papyrus font? :o

Didn't know Pratt is a hunter... Yeah, definitely won't support any of his future movies.

And I honestly think Pratt is not normal: "The thing inside me that drives me to go out and hunt is very animal. But the remorse, emotion and respect I feel, and the closeness to God that I feel when I'm out there, is my humanity."

Pratt should try to shoot himself... I guarantee him he'd feel very close to 'God' then.

Also he hunts with a bow and arrow... that's brutal.

Because a slaughterhouse, where animals are corralled and shot in the head is so much less brutal and humane.

Listen, I can definitely understand being a vegetarian or love of animals, not wanting to kill animals for food or sustenance. But I see nothing brutal about hunting an animal as long as you don't just discard everything and actually use the meat etc.

I don't see how killing a deer with a bow and arrow is so brutal compared to what farms or other livestock institution due to livestock, cattle, chickens, etc.

Because a slaughterhouse, where animals are corralled and shot in the head is so much less brutal and humane.

Listen, I can definitely understand being a vegetarian or love of animals, not wanting to kill animals for food or sustenance. But I see nothing brutal about hunting an animal as long as you don't just discard everything and actually use the meat etc.

I don't see how killing a deer with a bow and arrow is so brutal compared to what farms or other livestock institution due to livestock, cattle, chickens, etc.

What if I'd tell you that I don't eat meat? :cwink:

Also he hunts not because he's hungry but because it's 'fun' for him. Absolutely disgusted by Pratt. But not really surprised because he sounds like that typical white-trash guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"