Paul Jenkins responds to "The Return"

Either HOM when Hawkeye returned or his death, one of those.

Marvel does overhype some books sometimes and create this backlash, even if it is naturally done in a zeal to sell.

They have to sell alot of comics.

Either HOM when Hawkeye returned or his death, one of those.

Marvel does overhype some books sometimes and create this backlash, even if it is naturally done in a zeal to sell.

ever since bendis took over marvel, the internet's had it rough.

Paul Jenkins is cool, except for the whole makeing Sentry thing. Perhaps they should let the britt write an ongoing for Sentry,and make him cool.

I'd buy a Sentry ongoing, at least he'd be able to fully tell the Sentry's story.

ever since bendis took over marvel, the internet's had it rough.

Bendis doesn't run marvel comics. It may seem like he does at times, but my man Joe Q makes sure he knows his place.

Bendis doesn't run marvel comics. It may seem like he does at times, but my man Joe Q makes sure he knows his place.

That right there is why I KNOW Joe Q isn't running the place.:p:D

The relationship between Joe Q and Bendis is multi layered and complex. Its like in Lex Luthor: Man of steel, Luthor an Superman's relationship was so complex, very little needed to be said.

The relationship between Joe Q and Bendis is multi layered and complex. Its like in Lex Luthor: Man of steel, Luthor an Superman's relationship was so complex, very little needed to be said.

comics poster of the year.

I wish Joey Q would say "Hey Baldy, heres your pink slip for USM! Now beat it."

bendis is definitely second in command.

if a writer wants to do something with a character, they gotta clear it through bendis first. he may want to kill that character sometime in the future.

if a writer wants to do something with a character, they gotta clear it through bendis first. he may want to kill that character sometime in the future.

lol!!

Brilliant. :woot:

I'm sorry...I've said this before, but I have to say it again: you would have to be a special kind of stupid to not somehow realize that resurrecting Captain Marvel at the apex of the Civil War would generate a crapload of publicity. Marvel got exactly what they wanted. Quesada lives for getting people all riled up in a tizzy...yes, I said tizzy and I meant it.

It's just that, somewhere along the line, someone apparently forgot to pass the memo to Jenkins. Who, at this point, actually seems to have a pretty darn good idea as to why the readers were so disappointed. Which, again, begs the question: why in the world is he so peeved that people are so disappointed? He knows why. It ultimately just comes across as him borrowing a page from Bendis' book and convincing himself that everything he creates must automatically be flawless and wonderful, no matter how many people seem to actually hate it. It's a page that seems to hold more and more weight at Marvel, unfortunately.

Hilarious and tragic at the same time.

Years from now, if comics are still being published (and that's a big "if" given the dwindling readership; it's already less than half of what it was 15 years ago) I think this period will be looked back on as the "lovely dark age" of Marvel.
Meaning there's a lot of really great artwork to see these days but the stories are more often than not utter garbage, bearing little resemblance to the true Marvel Comics of the Stan Lee era.
That was entertainment.
This is a slow death.

R.I.P. Marvel Comics. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"