Superman Returns Perfect Tie-In soundtrack

Superman79

Superman79 Returns
Reaction score
Ok, so we have essentially established from the clips provided that the Superman Returns Score is going to be money

We've also established the pop music tie-in album "Sound Of Superman" is essetially, for the most part, crap.

So here is my question, just to change the pace around here. Knowing Warners insisted on a pop tie-in (with NONE of the songs actually IN the movie) What songs would YOU put on Sound Of Superman?

Personally, I'd go with:

Foo Fighters--My Hero
Eric Clapton--Superman Inside
3 Doors Down--Kryptonite
Nickelback--Savin' Me

As long as its rock (not pop, not rap, not country) its all good.

In tribute they should have "Save Me" by Remy Zero atleast in one scene in the movie... heh :)

Snap this is my 420th post!

Ya know what time it is!! ;)

higher by creed for guys
there youll be by faith hillfor chicks
learn to fly by foo fighters for kids.

grabmygladys said:
Higher by Creed would rock. :p

creed... * Bwooorrrfff!!! Bulllccchhh!!* Ugh, at least I didn't try to swallow the bile and just let it come out...

I did see Scott Stapp in a Publix Supermarket down here one with some Bimbette. I didn't projectile vomit on him, that was good. Maybe because he wasn't Singing...

Here's the Superman Returns soundtrack that I put together, using 'The rescue' by American Hi-Fi as the main song of the soundtrack- it was on a TV spot and after reading the Superman Returns novelization, really sounds like it was made for the movie.

A couple of notes before the 'track listing':

1. Don't know the difference really between pop and rock, I listen and like pretty much everything but rap.
2. Didn't like some of the songs in Sound of Superman, but some of the other songs sounded like they were inspired by the movie.
3. Didn't want to use other songs that were established on other superhero soundtracks. But, wanted it to be similar to the other superhero soundtracks.
4. Some of the songs have been heard on Smallville at one time or another.

1. Superman March- John Williams
2. Superman- The Academy is...
3. Save me- Remy Zero
4. It's so easy- Plain White T's
5. Kryptonite- 3 Doors down
6. Superman- Five for Fighting
7. The worst part- Motion City Soundtrack
8. Lonely day- Phantom Planet
9. Take me away- Lifehouse
10. 'Save me- Maxeen
11. The Rescue- American Hi-Fi
12. A message- Coldplay
13. Saved- The spill canvas
14. Way Away- Yellowcard
15. Pain- Jimmy Eats World (works if you imagine the troubled times being Metropolis without Superman)
16. Undone- Lifehouse
17. Meet me at my window- Jack's Mannequin
18. Waitin for Superman- Nightmare of you
19. Finale and End Title march- John Williams

Tried to have all of the major themes in there: 1) The state of Metropolis after Superman's uprupt disappearance Pain by Jimmy eats World, 2) Clark returning to a world where everything is different Lonely day by Phantom Planet, 3) The new relationship and struggles that it brings with it between Superman (CK) & Lois Lane The rescue byAmerican hi-fi.

Actually, I've had the "Sound of Superman" soundtrack for nearly a week now and while the CD isn't composed of the greatest songs ever, there are a few that stand out as pretty damn good. "It's So Easy" by Plain White T's is a terrific track, obviously "The Rescue" by American Hi-Fi is pretty good, "The Worst Part" by Motion City Soundtrack is good also. There are a couple of covers on it that are decent and you get a nice wistful song by BJ's sister at the end.

It seems to be very evocative of the thematic direction the movie is taking, paying attention to Superman's standing in society as well as his personal feelings toward being the world's savior.

are there any music videos does anyone know?

I wish I could listen to 'I am Superman' by The Academy Is. :(

tie is soundtracks suck, there is no perfect one because they suck.

Superman only needs score, and whoever mentioned Remy Zero, that's by far the worst, and possibly most annoying superman related songs out there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"