Peter Jackson returns to the fantasy genre

he could go back to horror... Bad Taste, Dead Alive.... yeah, go back to gore, the kids will love it.:hehe:

That involved actual human beings in situations I can relate to. LOTR is a masterpiece, no doubt, but the more of these fantasy movies you put out, the more you increase the odds of a collossal failure.
Well than too bad...you seem to have a problem with the genre itself. A lot of people can relate to characters in fantasy in some way or form. I'm a lot like Spider-man sometimes, I act and think like him and yet I still know I'll never get bitten by a radioactive spider and get superpowers (i wish!).

Besides many good directors do not branch out into different genres. For instance, Scorcese...he has does drama and crime thrillers and he's good at it (This year he is finally doing a horror film). Versatility is not as easy as people make it out to be and its a risk that the director HIMSELF(or herself) should decide to take...not you. Cause if the director end up screwing up audiences will end up cucifying him.

But I do agree that this particular idea sounds stupid as hell. I just think that if he wants to do another fantasy film he should by all means. As long as he could direct it good and it has a good and interesting story, why not?

If he wanted to direct a movie with dragons he should have directed The Hobbit.

If he wanted to direct a movie with dragons he should have directed The Hobbit.
I can't disagree with you there.

I would prefer him doin a hobbit movie MUCH MUCH more than what ever the hell this is.

I guess these dragon books are really really good then, to have Peter wanting to direct them..

Looks like he might do a miniseries out of these novels:

The Temeraire Series

The Temeraire are a series of books we've optioned. I think it's going to be six books soon. I love the idea of the Napoleonic times, when there was a Navy and an Army, but there's also an air force, which are these dragon-like creatures. So the British have an air brigade, but the French do, too. You have these great, Napoleonic battles with flying dragons and ships.

I'm thinking about whether it should be some form of miniseries. With six books, I really don't like the idea of making a big-budget movie of the first book and it not doing well at the box office and suddenly that's the end of the series. Six books makes such a compelling story that I like the idea of adapting that as a series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"