Peter V.S Sylar is a must have for Volume 3!

RonStoppablefan

Harry Potter fan
Reaction score
Any one agree? I mean Sylar having his powers back now and Peter slowly learning to controll his. I think its time for a few more rematches :woot:

If it's a real fight. I wouldn't really call the season finale from season 1 a fight. They should be tossing powers back and forth for it to be a real fight. A good 10 minute fight would amaze me but we probrably won't see much more than a 1 and a half minute fight.

I'm hoping for more than that. Kring has to know how many fans were disapointed in the fight for Vomue 1 finale. He did say he was litsning to the fans this Volume.

If it's a real fight. I wouldn't really call the season finale from season 1 a fight. They should be tossing powers back and forth for it to be a real fight. A good 10 minute fight would amaze me but we probrably won't see much more than a 1 and a half minute fight.

that fight was illogical. they have all these powers and sylar decides choking him would be best and peter does nothing but struggle? Peter throws punches when logically sylar should have thrown him across the plaza with his telekinesis.

yada yada yada

guys come on. If they delivered the ultimate battle at the end of the first season... then where could they go from there? It was the first season... and I don't think any of the heroes, except for peter, had used their powers in any real physical combat against other heroes (and peter pretty much got killed).

lay off a little. The fights have to get better, that's a given. But they have to get progressively larger and more epic. One can already see, that they are having trouble with Peter's character, because they made his powers grow at too great a rate, and now they are struggling to use the character accurately and according to his powers and experiences.

One should not have expected anything more from the fight at the end of season 1. Although it was not totally satisfying, it did its job. It showed a small battle, that would set the pace/feeling for future greater battles.

(honestly, its like this: it sounds like you guys want Skywalker to defeat the emperor, before he battles vader in space, then in Cloudcity. If SW had gone straight to the emperor in ANH, then Empire and Jedi wouldn't have been as good, because upping the ante, making future battles for the franchise would have killed sequels). Apply my analogy

that fight was illogical. they have all these powers and sylar decides choking him would be best and peter does nothing but struggle? Peter throws punches when logically sylar should have thrown him across the plaza with his telekinesis.
Exactly. Sylar could've used any power on Peter and he chose telekinesis then chose to do nothing.

That wasn't even the most illogical part of the final battle. What about Sylar letting himself get stabbed by Hiro? :huh: I thought Hiro was going to teleport behind him but he just ran up to him and stabbed him.

Wow... talk about discussions that have already happened before.

I'm not even going to explain why, but, bottom line, everything except for how Sylar got stabbed is well explained within season 1.

yada yada yada

guys come on. If they delivered the ultimate battle at the end of the first season... then where could they go from there? It was the first season... and I don't think any of the heroes, except for peter, had used their powers in any real physical combat against other heroes (and peter pretty much got killed).

lay off a little. The fights have to get better, that's a given. But they have to get progressively larger and more epic. One can already see, that they are having trouble with Peter's character, because they made his powers grow at too great a rate, and now they are struggling to use the character accurately and according to his powers and experiences.

One should not have expected anything more from the fight at the end of season 1. Although it was not totally satisfying, it did its job. It showed a small battle, that would set the pace/feeling for future greater battles.

(honestly, its like this: it sounds like you guys want Skywalker to defeat the emperor, before he battles vader in space, then in Cloudcity. If SW had gone straight to the emperor in ANH, then Empire and Jedi wouldn't have been as good, because upping the ante, making future battles for the franchise would have killed sequels). Apply my analogy

This is ridiculous. the problem with the fight at the end of the season was that both the first showdown with peter and sylar, and the future tussle were better, more exciting, and left people with higher expectations than we should have had. if it was actually like your saying, and they were attempting to pace themselves, they wouldn't have shown off all they did, making people anticipate the season end final battle.

This is ridiculous. the problem with the fight at the end of the season was that both the first showdown with peter and sylar, and the future tussle were better, more exciting, and left people with higher expectations than we should have had. if it was actually like your saying, and they were attempting to pace themselves, they wouldn't have shown off all they did, making people anticipate the season end final battle.

you're ridiculous: the 'future' fight, happened what, 5 years from 'now', 'now' being only what, 6 months after discovering their powers? It's the first real fight, it's not, nor should it have been big. They are infant heroes at that point, and to expect an epic battle was idiotic. If anything, you should have been expecting a 'future battle' in the fifth year of the show (which would line up with the timeline in the show). Just because the future battle was badass, doesn't mean that our young heroes who have only just discovered their powers will suddenly become gifted combat vets, powers and all.

The fights will get bigger and bigger (unless the writers for the show are dumbasses) as the show progresses... which means that the battles on the show must start small, and grow bigger and more desperate over the course of the show.

You guys are those kids who open their presents before christmas... the fun is not in the climax, it's in the anticipation.

"the fight at the end of the season was that both the first showdown with peter and sylar, and the future tussle were better, more exciting, and left people with higher expectations than we should have had" and I'd just like to point out this sentence to you. The future fights were better (over course they are), they left people expecting more (of course, but they should have realized, that they weren't gonna get a fight like that for atleast 5 seasons: WAS THAT NOT OBVIOUS?)

I hope they fight now. Sylar has his powers back; Peter is at least an intermediate in his skills and has more active abilities than he did in the last confrontation.

I think Sylar would lose if they were to fight right now. He'll probably underestimate Peter and Peter has some new ability's that he has learned to control. Unles Sylar has Candice's ability that would give him an edge.

"the fight at the end of the season was that both the first showdown with peter and sylar, and the future tussle were better, more exciting, and left people with higher expectations than we should have had" and I'd just like to point out this sentence to you. The future fights were better (over course they are), they left people expecting more (of course, but they should have realized, that they weren't gonna get a fight like that for atleast 5 seasons: WAS THAT NOT OBVIOUS?)

You don't go into a new show, expecting to run 5 seasons. They were building excitement to the climax of their season which was the battle between Sylar and Peter. it was a let down.

Their first battle, which took place in mohinders apartment and ended in Peter's "death" was more exciting than their climax. that's sad, and should never happen.

By the end of the first season, Peter had been trained as to how to use his powers (even though he lost control) and Sylar was completely in control of his powers. Sure, after "five years" they'd know how to use their powers better. but they both knew what they had in their arsenal, and should have used those powers to a much better extent than they did.

Don't give me this crap about how they need to start off small and progressively make fighting more intense over five seasons. That's absurd. They have the powers. and characters like Sylar love to show off. Yet he somehow becomes a moron in a fight, just so they can water down the content? I call BS.

The fights should keep a certain level of intensity. and that should maintain over the course of the show. Fights shouldn't be less intense because they might do something better in the future. it's all about making the best out of what they have, and coming up with ways to make it fresh, and still exciting. A mid season, 2 minute battle, should never, be better than the climax.

Both Peter and Sylar need to work on thier abilties they have somany and only know how to use 3 of them

You don't go into a new show, expecting to run 5 seasons. They were building excitement to the climax of their season which was the battle between Sylar and Peter. it was a let down.

Their first battle, which took place in mohinders apartment and ended in Peter's "death" was more exciting than their climax. that's sad, and should never happen.

By the end of the first season, Peter had been trained as to how to use his powers (even though he lost control) and Sylar was completely in control of his powers. Sure, after "five years" they'd know how to use their powers better. but they both knew what they had in their arsenal, and should have used those powers to a much better extent than they did.

Don't give me this crap about how they need to start off small and progressively make fighting more intense over five seasons. That's absurd. They have the powers. and characters like Sylar love to show off. Yet he somehow becomes a moron in a fight, just so they can water down the content? I call BS.

The fights should keep a certain level of intensity. and that should maintain over the course of the show. Fights shouldn't be less intense because they might do something better in the future. it's all about making the best out of what they have, and coming up with ways to make it fresh, and still exciting. A mid season, 2 minute battle, should never, be better than the climax.

um, the climax of the season, was not the fight between Sylar and Peter. The climax of the season, was stopping the bomb. And if you remember, as soon as Peter realized that he was the bomb.... the climax of the series shifted from stopping an exploding villain, to stopping an exploding Peter.

the climax of season 1 was NOT THE FIGHT.... but the actual solution to stopping the bomb. The climax was when Nathan showed up. Not the fight.

um, the climax of the season, was not the fight between Sylar and Peter. The climax of the season, was stopping the bomb. And if you remember, as soon as Peter realized that he was the bomb.... the climax of the series shifted from stopping an exploding villain, to stopping an exploding Peter.

the climax of season 1 was NOT THE FIGHT.... but the actual solution to stopping the bomb. The climax was when Nathan showed up. Not the fight.

I'm not sure you understand what the climax of something is, so i'll explain it:

The climax is the the highest or most intense point in the development. The fight, before the explosion was the climax. The explosion, was the denouements.

I'm not sure you understand what the climax of something is, so i'll explain it:

The climax is the the highest or most intense point in the development. The fight, before the explosion was the climax. The explosion, was the denouements.

dude, you're so wrong, in this situation. Even after the fight, the bomb was still gonna go off, the resolution to the season narrative had not yet been achieved. The whole season was not leading to a fight with sylar and peter, it was leading to the resolution of the bomb. The climax of the season was when Nathan spoke the words 'the future isn't written in stone'. That was the resolution to the narrative of the first season, and the climax.

a climax doesn't have to be a battle, even in a superhero series. That's what made the season so good. It was simple people, with problems, who happen to have powers. The character driven nature of the series was well planned, so that the final character mystery among the first batch of heroes, 'is nathan bad or good?', is the climax of the first season.

and a denouement, is a suprise ending... that would be when Hiro landed in the 1600's.

Wo, wo, wo I didn't mean to get into this debate over Volume 1 ending being lame. Although I do have to agree in saying that it did disapoint me a bit, I wanted more of a fight between them. I mean all the forshadowing of the fights they had 5 years Gone or 0.7% percent was that the title? and HomeComing episode each one had them fighting each other. Although maybe it wasn't forshadowing for the Volume 1 season finale, maybe its forshadowing for the Volumes period. I mean lets face it, there the polar oppisots of each other. Sooner or later they are going to have to come into contanct in Volume 3. From what we've seen villains is what Volume 3 is going to be about, we all know Sylar will want to get rid of Peter first if he can since he's the one they have to worry about the most. I do agree with another thing that Peter and Sylar need to learn more about how many powers they have and learn to controll them all before they fight. So hopefully that's what Volume 3 will be about with our Heroes side ^^

I think Sylar should try to get Peter's ability. He shouldn't just try to kill him for the hell of it. Ultimately, Peter's ability is what he most desires. And Claire's ability of course. They should make a GN that shows what would happen if Sylar had Peter's mimicry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"