Philosophical discussions

Great thread, Casey :up:

*Flexes fingers and prepares to waffle*

I think some people find happiness easier to come by than others -- not necessarily because they have better things happening in their lives, but because they have better smarts to deal with the crap that all of us have to deal with every so often; some people are just more positive and put a better spin on things than others.

I'm a happy guy, even when things are teh sh;tz.

Guy A: Oh noes. I broke up with my girl -- my life is over :(
Guy B: God damn, didn't work with her. Now let's find Mrs Right :)

I'm Guy B, it might take me a couple of days to put that good spin on it, but I do get there quite quick.

Also, it's important to note that being unhappy is good -- nigh, needed -- sometimes. It helps you evaluate your life (how many times do you do that when you're happy?), and it also allows you to appreciate the happy times.

May return for second helping of waffle later ;)

Also, it's important to note that being unhappy is good -- nigh, needed -- sometimes. It helps you evaluate your life (how many times do you do that when you're happy?), and it also allows you to appreciate the happy times.

Excellent post. I detected no waffling.

I think some people find happiness easier to come by than others -- not necessarily because they have better things happening in their lives, but because they have better smarts to deal with the crap that all of us have to deal with every so often; some people are just more positive and put a better spin on things than others.

Yes, eggscellent point my chubby little ovum pal. I do believe personality plays a key role. Some people are far more drama oriented, others more staid, etc. I have far too much empathy for my own good, and that affects my happiness, to a great extent.

What always puts a smile on my face no matter what is just watching people.

99% of people walking around have this look like their lives are the saddest thing in the world, LOL!! ESPECIALLY people at bus stops.

But for serious to be happy I just think happy. It rules.

there was talk of waffles and well...nevermind.

What always puts a smile on my face no matter what is just watching people.

99% of people walking around have this look like their lives are the saddest thing in the world, LOL!! ESPECIALLY people at bus stops.

please, you're high more than half the time.

:up:
Dude! Regardless! :o
:woot:
What? :huh:
Is that another version of elf yourself . . . except with lego and . . . me?
Over here we have these frozen waffles you can put in your toaster and they're called, L'eggos. :yay: Someone came up with the brilliant ad campaign of two people fighting over one saying, "Leggo my eggo!"

I think Abaddon wants my eggoman.

I once watched a documentary about the happiest man in the world. It was a Buddhist Monk, whose philosophy was to be loving and warm hearted.

Ahhhh, thanks for clearing that up Casey. I was half expecting a link where people would superimpose their faces all over my shell. :D

I once watched a documentary about the happiest man in the world. It was a Buddhist Monk, whose philosophy was to be loving and warm hearted.
Sounds like a wise plan. :yay: But what happens when you're loving and warm hearted (like me) and everyone else is a poopyhead (like certain unnamed individuals.) ? I guess the trick is you have to rise above it. :up:

Sounds like a wise plan. :yay: But what happens when you're loving and warm hearted (like me) and everyone else is a poopyhead (like certain unnamed individuals.) ? I guess the trick is you have to rise above it. :up:

If you allow other people to influence your moods so easily, then perhaps you aren't really, truly happy but just fooling yourself into thinking that you are.

jag

If you allow other people to influence your moods so easily, then perhaps you aren't really, truly happy but just fooling yourself into thinking that you are.

jag

Awwwww, you're a big soft ***** at heart ain't ya? :D

Well it all comes down to one's values and belief's and how much they mean to you.

jag

Like you, I think happiness comes in moments. Life has too many emotions to experience, one can't be deliriously happy at all times. What I meant was that I find it difficult to be 'happy,' when there are horrible things going on around me. I can't stand to hear about any form of child abuse, for instance. It frustrates me that I wasn't there to prevent it, and it hurts me that people are so willing to hurt innocent children. That bothers me more than someone who has an issue with me, specifically. People love me. :woot: And those who don't, don't matter.

Like you, I think happiness comes in moments. Life has too many emotions to experience, one can't be deliriously happy at all times. What I meant was that I find it difficult to be 'happy,' when there are horrible things going on around me. I can't stand to hear about any form of child abuse, for instance. It frustrates me that I wasn't there to prevent it, and it hurts me that people are so willing to hurt innocent children. That bothers me more than someone who has an issue with me, specifically. People love me. :woot: And those who don't, don't matter.

Today's society has encouraged and made it more than acceptable for people to externalize ownership of their own feelings and mental states. I believe that's a big contributing factor for why so many people have all of these issues they require therapy to resolve. Whether anyone wants to admit or own it or not, we are all responsible for our own feelings, emotions and perspectives and attitudes toward life. Just coming to terms with that and understanding it can make a huge difference in how one approaches and deals with life in general. eggyman gave some instances of how he has handled difficult emotional times before, and they are excellent examples of someone owning their own feelings and perspectives and using them to work through those difficult moments to come out stronger and more focused on where they are headed.

jag

is this thread about philosophical discussions or Casey's narcissism

is this thread about philosophical discussions or Casey's narcissism

That was a bit uncalled for. :down:

Take it you're not very happy? Maybe someone needs a hug?

Go on, wodda madda? :yay:

eh, happiness can only exist in moments. And that's all she wrote.

Exactly,i belive that.You can't be happy all the time,and if there is such a thing.Not all people can experience it.People suffer all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"